• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

Clinton is going to win once the west coast polls close, correct? Which is at what time 8pm PST

Yes

lmdex.png

probably what will be left at 8:00 PT

Wilsongt

So the Guccifer data was doctored?

I am not surprised. Stay winning Queen! Stay loosing Orange Turd and supporters. And HA Goodman.

sazzy

first batch of emails that the fbi recovered getting released by State today. some of them may have already been released. these are not the 33000 that were deleted.

watch out for fake news/fake releases for the next few days.

Wilsongt

Realistically, what are the chances that the Republicans cry foul in November and try to legally challenge the election results?

I see that Ryan has already decided to further entrench himself on the intellectually impaired train by saying that he will get rid of the ACA completely and completely defund PP.

Pixieking

Banned
Maggie Haberman Verified account
‏@maggieNYT

Trump campaign is canceling hundreds of thousands of dollars in advertising in Fla, NC, OH, possibly other states, per two buying sources.

Ohhhhh.... kay?

What's their plan, just shrug and lose?

Realistically, what are the chances that the Republicans cry foul in November and try to legally challenge the election results?

I see that Ryan has already decided to further entrench himself on the intellectually impaired train by saying that he will get rid of the ACA completely and completely defund PP.

Define "Republicans".

Elected officials? 0%
Trump supporters/Roger Stone/Infowars? Likely.

NeoXChaos

Maggie Haberman ‏@maggieNYT 3m3 minutes ago
Maggie Haberman Retweeted Maggie Haberman
Cancelations represent next week's buy, per the sources. Possible they are shifting elsewhere for final three weeks

Pixieking

Banned
‏@maggieNYT

Maggie Haberman Retweeted Maggie Haberman

Cancelations represent next week's buy, per the sources. Possible they are shifting elsewhere for final three weeks

Idiotic, and essentially says that he's going to lose the debate... If they thought he had a chance, they would be using the ad buy to push his positive debate performance.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think the second debate will still have high numbers, but won't match the first debates numbers. The VP debate was just so low because no one cares about the VP choices.

I don't think people really cared about a throwback to a "regular" political debate where its not really obvious who wins and loses outside of personal preferences.

People want to see insults and meltdowns. The first debate delivered.

Idiotic, and essentially says that he's going to lose the debate... If they thought he had a chance, they would be using the ad buy to push his positive debate performance.

Definitely a strange decision given the Trump path to victory is winning every single contested state or possibly going like 7-1 as long as FL isn't the "1." Like, he legitimately cannot afford to lose Florida under any circumstances.

Ohhhhh.... kay?

What's their plan, just shrug and lose?

"You know, I'm a very smart buisness man. I ran for President, and these people just gave me millions of dollars. I knew the election was rigged, you saw- I mean, the results, it's incredible how rigged they are- I never- it's just amazing. All these people telling me, "You know it's rigged Donald", and I look at this money that is- and it's my money- I say, "Why should we spend this money on a rigged election"- and let me tell you, this election was rigged big time - it's amazing - polls closing so soon - it was - I had people calling me telling me how much this was rigged - I tell you folks, I never stood a chance.

So, I took the money, I did, I'm a very smart - I had lots of people tell me how amazing it was of me to not spend and waste this money, really rich and smart people."

Blader

There was something on Politico yesterday about the Trump campaign looking to refocus toward western states, so maybe they're shifting ad resources out of FL/NC/OH to Colorado and Nevada instead?

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member

What you claim is idiotic is actually the genius idea to invest all of that money in the ever-leaning republican state of California. #CaliforTrump

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Maybe Trump just really believes in the Secret Trump Voter.

Angry Grimace

Well, Donald has said before that running ads is a waste of money. He's made it this far with virtually none. He doesn't care.

Maybe it's his call.

He's made it this far, but he's also pretty clearly losing, but one can never really understand Trump.

‏@maggieNYT

Trump campaign is canceling hundreds of thousands of dollars in advertising in Fla, NC, OH, possibly other states, per two buying sources.

This only makes sense if they know they can't win without a big national shift that gets them OH/FL/NC and they are left with a map where CO/NV together swings the election. This would mean that they are basically leaning on a big external to swing the election at this point (and I can't fault them for that).

Oceanwind

Neo Member
There was something on Politico yesterday about the Trump campaign looking to refocus toward western states, so maybe they're shifting ad resources out of FL/NC/OH to Colorado and Nevada instead?
WTF? Why would they do this? They're worth much fewer electoral votes, and there's no way he's going to win Colorado.

TS-08

That might explain an increased ad buy in those states in addition to what they've already reserved, but why shift money from battleground states you need unless you are extremely cash strapped?

Blader

That might explain an increased ad buy in those states in addition to what they've already reserved, but why shift money from battleground states you need unless you are extremely cash strapped?

Well they're probably extremely cash strapped. :lol

They might see an opening in CO too, given that Hillary stop airing ads there in August.

Angry Grimace

The only valid explanation I can come up with is that the campaign straight-up doesn't have the funds to compete on ads with Clinton in FL.

Moving money out of FL/NC at this point is more or less "jesus take the wheel"- winning it outside of their control, so their only winning path goes through an external event outside of their control having a big nationwide swing.

If he doesn't fix his NC numbers he loses NC before election day, and no amount of money fixes them at this point (he's got about 2 weeks to work with).

Perhaps Trump is pulling FL ads due to the storm? It stupid but I wouldn't put it past his team to pull ads in Ohio because they think they're ahead. NC...they probably know they're fucked there.

The first district Utah Dem candidate is trailing by 50 points and is bragging about an internal poll where he's losing by 8.

What is the point of rigging internal polling in favor of your candidate like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom