• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hassan is already pinning this to Ayotte, as expected.
CuMij7VWIAEGaEA.jpg:large

We'll see more of this in the coming days and weeks.

This press releases mean jack shit, though. By this time tomorrow, her ads in NH need to have Ayotte saying he's a role model, followed by the Trump audio, followed by her saying he's a role model.

OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

No one reads press releases but the ad would devastate.

McCain, Rubio, Ayotte. All of them must be tied to him. This is where Kirk and Portman were smart.

Not to downplay how disgusting these comments are but... how did the GOP botch basic oppo research this badly? It's been, what, a month straight of horrible revelations?

The GOP could have let Trump dangle in the wind after the post convention meltdowns but they gave him one more chance and his recovery in polls set them up for this. It is so good. Please bring them all down. How do they possibly respond to this?

Bowdz

I go away for a workout and come back to fucking armageddon.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! This is fucking devastating. As a lifelong athlete, I'd just like to point out that this is NOT normal locker room talk. This is disgusting bragging about sexual assault.

That being said, Sunday is going to be spicy!

Loudninja

Remember the AP story?
NEW YORK — In his years as a reality TV boss on "The Apprentice," Donald Trump repeatedly demeaned women with sexist language, according to show insiders who said he rated female contestants by the size of their breasts and talked about which ones he'd like to have sex with.

The Associated Press interviewed more than 20 people — former crew members, editors and contestants — who described crass behavior by Trump behind the scenes of the long-running hit show, in which aspiring capitalists were given tasks to perform as they competed for jobs working for him.

The staffers and contestants agreed to recount their experiences as Trump's behavior toward women has become a core issue in the presidential campaign. Interviewed separately, they gave concurring accounts of inappropriate conduct on the set.

Eight former crew members recalled that he repeatedly made lewd comments about a camerawoman he said had a nice rear, comparing her beauty to that of his daughter, Ivanka.
During one season, Trump called for female contestants to wear shorter dresses that also showed more cleavage, according to contestant Gene Folkes. Several cast members said Trump had one female contestant twirl before him so he could ogle her figure.

Randal Pinkett, who won the program in December 2005 and who has recently criticized Trump during his run for president, said he remembered the real estate mogul talking about which female contestants he wanted to sleep with, even though Trump had married former model Melania Knauss earlier that year: "He was like 'Isn't she hot, check her out,' kind of gawking, something to the effect of 'I'd like to hit that.' "

The Trump campaign issued a general denial. "These outlandish, unsubstantiated, and totally false claims fabricated by publicity hungry, opportunistic, disgruntled former employees, have no merit whatsoever," said Hope Hicks, Trump's campaign spokeswoman. "'The Apprentice' was one of the most successful prime-time television shows of all time and employed hundreds of people over many years, many of whom support Mr. Trump's candidacy." She declined to answer specific questions that were emailed and declined an interview request.

Former producer Katherine Walker said Trump frequently talked about women's bodies during the five seasons she worked with him and said he speculated about which female contestant would be "a tiger in bed."
Contestant Poppy Carlig, who performed the twirl, said she considered Trump's request "playful banter." She added: "I don't immediately jump to the conclusion that people are having bad intentions with what they are saying. He said I reminded him of his daughter and I thought that was really touching because I know how much he values his family."

Twelve former contestants or members of the crew spoke on the record about what they described as Trump's inappropriate behavior. Another nine spoke to the AP about their concerns regarding Trump's treatment of female colleagues but said they did not want to be identified because they signed non-disclosure agreements, or were concerned about wrecking their careers or retaliation from Trump.

Most offered no opinion on the November election in the course of their interviews, but the majority of those who did said only that they were not supporting Trump.
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...prentice-contestants-ap-investigation-n658411

More in the link

HylianTom

Banned
This press releases mean jack shit, though. By this time tomorrow, her ads in NH need to have Ayotte saying he's a role model, followed by the Trump audio, followed by her saying he's a role model.

OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

No one reads press releases but the ad would devastate.

McCain, Rubio, Ayotte. All of them must be tied to him. This is where Kirk and Portman were smart.

Absolutely.

Draw the line in the sand: disavow support or stand by him.

If they stand by him, tie this anchor around their necks.

I haven't caught up with this thread or the thread in the OT, so I checked anyone's pulse on this yet, but I just watched the video and I'm pretty sure this is one big fat October surprise.

Trump is done. And quite possibly, so is any politician that continues to support him after this.

I still can't believe Ted Cruz held out all this time until RIGHT BEFORE THE CAMPAIGN IMPLODED.

It's...amazing.

edit: looking forward to Megyn Kelly tonight, actually.

Mike Pence's speech right now praising Trump right after Trump bragged about committing sexual assault should probably stop people from thinking Pence can contend in 2020.

If anyone cares, Iowa early vote statistics for today. Democrats (70%) and Republicans (84%) both moved about 3% closer to their 2012 totals.

Dems net 2,797 requests over yesterday and are just over 50,000 behind their 2012 total now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Trump's name is still on the ballot, you'd have to get voters to cooperate with this extremely complicated conspiracy and still vote for Trump.

I mean, diablosing is fun and all, but we have people freaking out over the possibility of a Constitutional conspiracy occurring. Pence can't replace Trump. It isn't happening and can't happen.

I'm laughing at the concept of news so good that it makes people freak out in anxiety.

Ok, Mr Cruz I have a question about the supreme court.

Why have republicans only beginning to express any concern about the supreme court now that it no longer tilts in your favor?

Tommy DJ

I still can't believe Ted Cruz held out all this time until RIGHT BEFORE THE CAMPAIGN IMPLODED.

It's...amazing.

I know right, the guy nearly played this whole thing out perfectly. Unlike the rest of the GOP, he was so close to being able to say "I told you so" to the rest of his party. But instead he chickens out the minute he sees Trump's rising polling numbers.

That's really the greatest thing about these leaks. The timing so is close to the general election that anyone trying to bail out of the SS Trump right now only looks opportunistic.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If I were pence I'd refuse to go out there until he apologized. This is career terminating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom