• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Why wouldn't Wikileaks wait for the news cycle to turn? Assange is such a moron.

Clinton says she wants single payer universal healthcare in these. Assuming it's real. Wants an open hemisphere where everyone in the hemisphere can prosper. Wants sensible, pragmatic parties. Thinks perception that the game is rigged is a problem. Admits she's out of touch.

Wow how bad are these

Cyanity

Banned
Cruz made a huge risky political investment during the Convention and then cashed out when his stock was at rock bottom. His whimpering turn around made absolutely no sense. Don't get me wrong. Cruz pissing all over his presidential aspirations is fantastic.

Cruz did the political equivalent of cashing out on Enron stock after hearing some iffy things about them, and then turning around and putting his entire 401k back into Enron stock a day before they crashed and burned. He's done for.

User1608

Banned
7e8Vjb7.jpg
Brace yourselves.

Honestly though, this really is the best time for the WallStreet speech transcripts to get leaked. It's a complete panic move by Wikileaks to drop it now to distract from Trump, and it dramatically diminishes any potential of it grabbing attention.

The public and private position in CONTEXT is correct in what she says!

CLINTON: You just have to sort of figure out how to — getting back to that word, “balance” — how to balance the public and the private efforts that are necessary to be successful, politically, and that’s not just a comment about today. That, I think, has probably been true for all of our history, and if you saw the Spielberg movie, Lincoln, and how he was maneuvering and working to get the 13th Amendment passed, and he called one of my favorite predecessors, Secretary Seward, who had been the governor and senator from New York, ran against Lincoln for president, and he told Seward, I need your help to get this done. And Seward called some of his lobbyist friends who knew how to make a deal, and they just kept going at it. I mean, politics is like sausage being made. It is unsavory, and it always has been that way, but we usually end up where we need to be. But if everybody’s watching, you know, all of the back room discussions and the deals, you know, then people get a little nervous, to say the least. So, you need both a public and a private position. And finally, I think — I believe in evidence-based decision making. I want to know what the facts are. I mean, it’s like when you guys go into some kind of a deal, you know, are you going to do that development or not, are you going to do that renovation or not, you know, you look at the numbers. You try to figure out what’s going to work and what’s not going to work. [Clinton Speech For National Multi-Housing Council, 4/24/13]

She's saying you need to sort of be idealistic in public but willing to have a deal-making position in private.

This is politics 101. Like, literally our entire President and Congress relationship worked this way until 2010.

Syncytia

Jeff Flake, on twitter:

Pretty mild.

John Weaver (Kasich's strategist):

I'm pretty sure that's Flake's typically response to anything Trump. He want's it to be known he isn't supporting Trump, but he can't really actively criticize Trump because he probably needs a good portion of his supporters.

Bowdz

I'm reading the transcripts. They're really...demure honestly. Granted I'm in finance. But this stuff sort of goes without saying. The editorializing is unfair.

Agreed.

TBH, this is why I love Clinton. She jmhas liberals aspirations, but is moderate and pragmatic at her core. That is the setup for getting shit done.

Cerium

Corey: It's twelve years ago, we're not electing a Sunday school teacher, I never heard anything like this from him, I spoke with Jerry Falwell Jr. and he thinks Trump is tough and will be respected around the world, not a Sunday school teacher, private conversation, he's a father of women, private conversation, Trump is a leader not a Sunday school teacher

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The public and private position in CONTEXT is correct in what she says!

She's saying you need to sort of be idealistic in public but willing to have a deal-making position in private.

This is politics 101. Like, literally our entire President and Congress relationship worked this way until 2010.

All of these supposed "bombshell" Wikileaks stuff just makes me like Clinton more.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm reading the transcripts. They're really...demure honestly. Granted I'm in finance. But this stuff sort of goes without saying. The editorializing is unfair.

I guess I just don't understand what narrative this is supposed to play into. Anti-finance sentiments don't run as deep as some hard-leaning liberals seem to believe, and particularly not with fence-sitters given that Trump's position is way more finance friendly.

I wish WOLF would just say he's sexually assaulting women and saying he can do it because of his celebrity. Stop sugar coating this shit.

Boke1879

I'm not. I don't think that's a good look for Hillary. It's not as big as any of Trump's stuff, but I'm a huge hilldawg fan and that upsets me a lot for someone who claims to want money out of politics. :/

Nah. I'm not even mad. Unless you expected her to scold these people in her speeches this is legit something anyone would say.

And quite frankly I don't see how this would depress her turnout when the whole email/benghazi isn't doing that.

this isn't directed at you and I don't mean this too offend, but I feel far too often we here get worked up over shit that in the long run doesn't mean shit. I mean everyone knows she gave speeches to Wall Street. I also wonder how many people even give a damn at this point considering what she said.

The Trump shit today has video and audio. easy to digest. It definitely gets more play going forward.

There's absolutely nothing in these transcripts that could damage her in anyway.

Actually makes her more human. I feel like I understand her better

BriGuy

Corey Lewandowski is a piece of shit and he needs to be called on it. You can't spin this.

Edit: "What about what Hillary might have said? She might have said stuff at one time maybe. You can't prove that she didn't!"

TheFatOne

Trumps camp spin from this is going to be amazingly terrible given what Corey is pushing. Can't wait to see them completely fuck this up. Also, the media really needs to stop this nothing ever hurts Trump bullshit. If nothing ever hurt Trump why does his numbers never hit above mid 40s? Why is he always in the low 40s if none of these things hurt him? When this political season is over there is going to be a lot of talk about Trump being a zombie candidate. Guy has been dead for a while.

Edit: Wow the wolf man had a serious follow up question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom