• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiresias

YucEQr0.png

https://twitter.com/KilloughCNN/status/784525953015963649

The right evangelical and religious wing is self-immolating.

pigeon

Banned
Reporters covering Pence need to ask him loudly and proudly if he thinks it's ok to "Grab them by the Pussy?" over and over until he answers. Presidential nominee admitting to sexual assaulting women.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/mike-pence-donald-trump-comments-women-229311

politico said:
TOLEDO, Ohio — Mike Pence took the stage here just over an hour after a tape emerged of Donald Trump crudely bragging about sexually harassing women and pretended as though no such tape existed.

And then, confronted by multiple reporters on the rope line after the speech, he simply ignored repeated questions about his reaction to the tape, first reported by the Washington Post, in which Trump said of women: “Grab them by the pussy. … You can do anything.”

“How can you ignore this question?” an ABC reporter asked repeatedly, as Pence simply smiled and shook hands.

“Governor, what’s your reaction to the Trump tape?” Pence was asked by POLITICO as he shook hands and an aide whisper over his shoulder. “Governor, the Washington Post report, what is your reaction?”

Pence simply kept shaking hands, moving down the line.

Quisling.

kess

Reporters covering Pence need to ask him loudly and proudly if he thinks it's ok to "Grab them by the Pussy?" over and over until he answers. Presidential nominee admitting to sexual assaulting women.

I don't think I've ever seen a debate performance somehow get retroactively worse within the week. He's going to end up shaking his head so much it going to be like that Star Trek episode where Captain Pike keeps saying "no."

Ralph Reed use of 'people of faith' there is so repugnant. People of faith take their vote seriously and their decision is between them and God, not along whatever partisan lines Ralph Reed says they should draw.

Bowdz

Why are they waiting so long to release this kind of stuff?

Early voting has already started in a number of states (incl. IA and NC).

If you hang to it until the last minutes, there are fewer voters left to be persuaded by it.

Because there is less time to recover from it. Yes, early voting has started, but we only have some half million votes cast thus far IIRC in an election where early voting will be some 40% of the electorate. Meanwhile, if you can land a fatal blow in October yoy can dominate with election day voters and stop the other side from rebounding meaning a larger margin a victory.

Boke1879

Why are they waiting so long to release this kind of stuff?

Early voting has already started in a number of states (incl. IA and NC).

If you hang to it until the last minutes, there are fewer voters left to be persuaded by it.

That's true, but this is how this stuff plays out. You can't release everything too fast. After the first debate the Alicia story got play for a bit and Trumps numbers went down.

This story coming out 2 days before the debate is by design. It works in that Trump is now focused on this. I have no doubt his campaign is trying to keep him from his phone. This gets brought up on Sunday. No doubt.

The shit you release later is more imo used to depress turnout. Dont' forget. Millions vote on election day. The more shit that keeps coming out the more R voters may just stay at home because they can't stomach to vote for him.

It's not like this is some horribly new level of depravity by Trump. What makes this comment any worse than the hundreds of deplorable and disgusting things he's said? His voters don't care, and undecideds clearly don't care or else they'd have written him off a long time ago.

Piss of enough republican women in OH and it might

sphagnum

Banned
Putin trying to install Trump is such a ridiculously dumb idea on his part. Hillary is just going to hate him and be way more hawkish towards him once she's president.

Keikaku douri

Then he can make himself out to be the righteous nationalist defending Russia from the corrupt globalist aggressor!

*Shakes head*

Oh ho ho ho. Please, lets not throw insults at each other.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That Rick Wilson statement makes me think somebody may have more information about the court case.

The state of the campaign is such that perhaps Clinton's camp will take their foot off the gas and just coast; the damage is done, Trump will do more on his own, etc. Or they could go full throttle and focus on creating a complete wipeout effect on republicans running throughout the country.

There are different types of oppo files. There are oppo files that lose someone their career - someone was caught stealing, physically abusing someone, doing drugs, etc. And then there are oppo files that lose someone their life - as in their family. Clinton's camp has files that are in the latter category.

This talk of worse stuff coming out later has to have some madness going down between the RNC and the Trump campaign, above and beyond just the fallout of this story. I am sure they want to know what is coming.

digdug2k

It's rather funny that the "second most corrupt presidential candidate we've ever had" ends up having absolutely nothing worthwhile despite her entire private life essentially being public.

It's actually rather puzzling how not shady she is.
In fact, its so puzzling, it makes you think she must be hiding something....

HylianTom

Banned
Y'know what's great about Clinton sitting on a mountain of research?

Let's say that Trump or Wiki or the Russians does release something that's potentially threatening to Clinton's chances.

Team Clinton has even worse cards to play than this. They can move the media narrative along.

The state of the campaign is such that perhaps Clinton's camp will take their foot off the gas and just coast; the damage is done, Trump will do more on his own, etc. Or they could go full throttle and focus on creating a complete wipeout effect on republicans running throughout the country.

There are different types of oppo files. There are oppo files that lose someone their career - someone was caught stealing, physically abusing someone, doing drugs, etc. And then there are oppo files that lose someone their life - as in their family. Clinton's camp has files that are in the latter category.

Cheating? Comments about his children?

This talk of worse stuff coming out later has to have some madness going down between the RNC and the Trump campaign, above and beyond just the fallout of this story. I am sure they want to know what is coming.

I think part of the problem is trump does this shit soo much he doesn't know.

At least I know can just say Check my gaf posts. Everything that might be bad is there.

Wow, that bad?

Can't imagine them going full throttle.

I'm guessing that these files are about Trump's rapes.

Cheating? Comments about his children?

Cheating doesn't lose you your family often in politics anymore. This is far beyond that, and tbh I'm not even sure I think Clinton will go there.

Of course there's also the possibility of third parties releasing that information to the press, which Mook would have no control over.

User1608

Banned
Neil Hughes trying to deflect to BENGHAZI when asked about the deplorable video and audio Trump was in and said. Disgusting.

Cheating doesn't lose you your family often in politics anymore. This is far beyond that, and tbh I'm not even sure I think Clinton will go there.

Of course there's also the possibility of third parties releasing that information to the press, which Mook would have no control over.

I literally have no idea what it could be. Trashing his kids? Incest?

Finish him.

Hmm, the old, "He was at least being honest about how much he loves to sexually assault women, which proves he's not some politician like KILLARY RODHAM BEN GHAZI MCMURDERER CLINTON, THE LYIN' KING!"

Interesting spin, Scotte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom