• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to find a gif that expresses how I feel right now. But I just can't find anything good enough.

And we still have the town hall Sunday AND there is even more bad Trump news to come?

Ha. Haha. HAHAHAHA

ampere

Too bad Keepin' It 1600 was already recorded!

I'm just shocked that Trump still has awful things that can still shock us

thebloo

The video is SO awful that it buries a very important thing.

Donald Trump does not know how to get out of a bus by himself.

Cyanity

Banned
kwnGBht.jpg

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Bill O'Reilly ‏@oreillyfactor
Anti-Trump forces release a private conversation where Trump talks about women & sex -what happens when you run for POTUS. More on FNC -BO'R

I guess it's fitting that Bill O'Reilly sees nothing wrong here.

BigAl1992

They got scooped? The fucking morons. Whoever decided to sit on this is going to be out of a job. You don't have a story like this dead to rights, sit on it, then get scooped, and expect to have a job later. This should have been the headline story the second they found it.

Fella, this is Hillary Clinton's oppo team we're talking about. I can all but guarantee that Access Hollywood not only had that tape dead to rights, but when they found it, the only debate they had was who to leak it to, along with giving a copy to Clinton's team, and when, so that when the horse did bolt from the stable, they could cover their own arses from any payback by the alt-right.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The party cannot do anything. Trump could choose to drop out, or swap with Pence, but it's all on Trump. The RNC is powerless.

He can't swap with Pence.

What's this about transcripts? There's nothing on the failing NYT.

I think they'll get a little airtime but they're not very easy to turn into a digestible talking point because vaguely saying that bankers are important isn't really something that can be spun hyper-negatively. The borders stuff, sure, but again, her comments are a bit ambivalent.

pigeon

Banned
Billy Bush's statement is better than Trump's but not by much.

"It was ten years ago, I was younger, and less mature . . . "

You were a goddamn 35 year old man ten years ago you douche. Stop acting like all men are misogynist twats.

Deliberately unspoken in Billy Bush's statement and the leaked NBC internal statement, but understood by the television folks, is that Billy was Trump's handler on Access Hollywood and Trump was the star. It was Billy's job to agree with anything Trump said, no matter what, so that Trump stayed happy and willing to go on the show.

I'm not saying that Billy was a moral hero here because clearly he was also terrible, but it's worth understanding his position here. If he came on the set and said "Donald Trump went home because I pointed out he was talking about raping women," he would probably be in a lot of shit.

Wikileaks are fucking CLOWN SHOES.
HAHAHAHAHA.

Oh my god. I'd link this stuff to convince people to vote Clinton if it wouldn't be driving people to Wikileaks.

Dan

Fat4all

Banned
Trump is already on every state ballot, and voting has already started. I don't think they could take him off if they wanted to

The worst thing is conservatives going on about how they know people who have said these things.

Um... no I've heard nasty things. Never rape

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I don't think Trump formally apologizing will be enough to remove the stink of today's video from his campaign.

That initial non-apology kinda set things in stone.

Eusis

Billy Bush's statement is better than Trump's but not by much.

"It was ten years ago, I was younger, and less mature . . . "

You were a goddamn 35 year old man ten years ago you douche. Stop acting like all men are misogynist twats.
That'd probably be somewhat effective from a 25 year old playing down statements by his 15 year old self. Hell, that could be just as much wanting to fit in with his peers.

35 years old? You should be mature enough to know better by then.

I can't stop thinking about them asking for hugs after the conversation on the bus. I can't.

Yeah, that's easily what's most unsettling. They talk about her and then they do that. Together (Billy asks the woman to give Donald a hug).

My brain simply can't parse how such behavior is possible. It's completely against everything I've ever been taught about how to treat women (speaking as a 39 year old man married for almost ten years).

Revolver

Deliberately unspoken in Billy Bush's statement and the leaked NBC internal statement, but understood by the television folks, is that Billy was Trump's handler on Access Hollywood and Trump was the star. It was Billy's job to agree with anything Trump said, no matter what, so that Trump stayed happy and willing to go on the show.

I'm not saying that Billy was a moral hero here because clearly he was also terrible, but it's worth understanding his position here. If he came on the set and said "Donald Trump went home because I pointed out he was talking about raping women," he would probably be in a lot of shit.

I get that Billy was pandering to Trump's ego. But he went overboard and came off like his creepy rapey hype man. He always seemed like a frat boy nitwit plus he was a grown ass married man at the time. I feel bad for his wife not to mention Melania, they were practically still on their honeymoon.

Dan

Will Ivanka defend him

Will she sink that low
She's still rattled by that Cosmo interview. But she absolutely needs to be called to account for constantly trying to pretty up her father's vile record.

From May: "I'm not in every interaction my father has, but he's not a groper. It's not who he is," she said. "And I've known my father obviously my whole life and he has total respect for women.

The wikileaks just confirm that Hillary is a politician who knows that a politician needs to politician it up. Yeah it can be spinned badly but also yeah WTF TRUMP *ahem*

The pattern (between Rince, Burr, and Kirk) is that Republicans will say this is horrible, unacceptable, and indefensible...but won't say any more. It's clear that they are waiting for Trump and his campaign to make the next move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom