• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Kaleigh just said Trump should actually apologize, no attempt to spin.

Amanda Carpenter of course going in.

Scottie Nell Hughes is like, "11 years ago", "11 years ago", "part of a different world", we should also hold rappers responsible. Long screed on Wall Street Speeches, timing is suspicious.

Gloria Borger next and then Anna Navarro...

Geez, this dumb woman in the pink on CNN is getting owned by every other Trump supporter in this segment. God damn girl, stop debasing yourself.

That response by Scottie Nell Hughes was embarrassing.

Everyone, including the Republican supporters, are somber and she is spinning this into emails.

Currently, no Republican officials that support Trump have disavowed or unendorsed him; they are merely criticizing his comments.

Destroy them, Democrats.

Republicans are hunkering down and hoping that Trump will defuse the situation-if he doesn't do so satisfactory, then they throw him under the bus. Some especially vulnerable Republicans (Ayotte, Burr) are already out ahead of things due to necessity.

Waiting on Trump to defuse a situation doesn't seem like a winning strategy. In the end it might not matter-most of the party was ready to jettison him after he inevitably flops the Sunday debate.

Veitsev

Glass half empty: doesnt putting an ad out for this open Hillary to infidelity attacks from Trump and his team (I mean called for ones, not the bullshit "he should be praised for not bringing up all the women that Bill sexually assaulted" stuff).

Attacking the woman running for President for her husband's infidelities reinforces his misogyny. Clinton campaign would welcome it.

There's been so many "he's done" false starts this campaign.

I feel pretty solid that this is in fact the end. At this point, the GOP has only one thing to worry about and that is mitigating damage to down ticket candidates.

NeoXChaos

Katy TurVerified account
‏@KatyTurNBC
Crucial swing state GOP operative: "I think today is a game changer."

Katy Tur ‏@KatyTurNBC 3m3 minutes ago
Katy Tur Retweeted Katy Tur
Operative adds it's getting harder to protect integrity: "Everyday I have to wake up and make the decision whether I will continue."

Grief.exe

We kind of knew this. Scottie is a dumber, less politically savvy Kayleigh.

Who is a dumber, less politically savvy Kellyanne.

Because I need to be prepared to receive the talking point from my father, what's the deal with Bill Clinton's rape allegations?

The only one I know of, Bill's timetable of going to the hotel with the accuser was never proven and she didn't even rent out the room she claimed.

He'd still be fucked in 2020. Old news regional candidate with poor favorability among Republicans.

Not to mention an establishment that would literally let their party burn (Trump) rather than back Ted Cruz. Dude has no friends, no support, no future. And as we all saw in that photo yesterday-in his heart of hears he knows it.

Is this it?

Is this when they finally dump the top of the ticket to attempt to stem down ballot losses?

Is it finally happening?

Republicans are legit at the point where if they don't disavow Trump, they WILL lose the women vote. They cannot risk the women vote.

This is amazing. This is hilarious. Today is a day that will go down in history. This is bigger than Romneys binders or % comments. This is bigger than Kerry's flip flopping.

Goddamn.

Fat4all

Banned
Magneto-perfection.gif

oh mai gawd, queen anna

mo60

Republicans are legit at the point where if they don't disavow Trump, they WILL lose the women vote. They cannot risk the women vote.

This is amazing. This is hilarious. Today is a day that will go down in history. This is bigger than Romneys binders or % comments. This is bigger than Kerry's flip flopping.

Goddamn.

They are already losing the women vote.If they don't disavow trump they may lose the women vote for decades.

Unfortunately I think the downballot hopes might be pretty unlikely since the GOP will drop Trump this weekend and all their candidates will look like kings taking a "brave stand" against a presidential nominee.

Yuck.

Teggy

Damn, Anna.

One week after explaining why he planned to vote for Donald Trump, former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman said it is time for the Republican nominee to drop out of the race and allow vice presidential nominee Mike Pence to represent the party.

How about you go pound sand, Huntsman.

Unfortunately I think the downballot hopes might be pretty unlikely since the GOP will drop Trump this weekend and all their candidates will look like kings taking a "brave stand" against a presidential nominee.

Yuck.

Allow me to dream that if those folks disavow Trump, the deplorables will retaliate by not voting for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom