• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe he's going to let this play out while this tape gets play 1000x all over the place

His campaign knows he has to apologize I'm sure but either they can get him to come and address the press or don't trust him with the press not to make it worse

teiresias

CNN just got a statement from the Trump camp, they're letting Pence represent him tomorrow while he stays in New York to focus on debate prep.

This is the kind of thing he should be saying in any statement to the press he's going to make tonight. Is he really not going to say anything publicly about this tonight other than his totally lambasted "non-apology"? He's really going to walk into the debate having not addressed this at all on camera? Christ, total train wreck.

Boke1879

Trump can't prepare. This shit is going to be on his mind all weekend. All the shit people are saying. Seeing different members of the GOP shitting on him. He's going to be a wreck.

CNN just got a statement from the Trump camp, they're letting Pence represent him tomorrow while he stays in New York to focus on debate prep.
LoL

He has the attention span of a fly. And they're saying he's going to be prepping - toward which he has never shown proclivity to - while the house is burning down? ok.

Touchdown

Banned
Mike Pence will be with Paul Ryan tomorrow. Their strategy is pretend that Trump doesn't exist.

Hahahahahah

BREAKING: JOINT APPEARANCE SCRAPPED

32edef9c83.gif

HylianTom

Banned
NYT's @Yamiche:
Source tells me RNC officials are meeting in DC to discuss what options the party has going forward in case Trump isn't nominee.

Source also says that RNC officials likely can't oust Trump from the ticket and that Trump would likely have to quit on his own.

Not gonna happen.

User1608

Banned
Trump can't prepare. This shit is going to be on his mind all weekend. All the shit people are saying. Seeing different members of the GOP shitting on him. He's going to be a wreck.
Indeed. He has thin skin after all. Goddamn. To be a fly on his wall.

Hopfrog

First audience question on Sunday: "Hello, I am an undecided voter, and also a fairly attractive woman. Would you grab my pussy?"

PLEASE......

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
What's has happened?
I jst saw something about trump canceling something with ryan and ryan said trumps comments were sickening

I haven't been paying attention due to evacuation

NYT's @Yamiche:

Not gonna happen.

Even if it did happen, there would probably be weeks of infighting about who should be his replacement and whether they should just go with Pence and someone else.

Also the theory about Trump winning the Presidency and then resigning so Pence can take over is just ridiculous and not something Trump would do in a million years.

teiresias

NYT's @Yamiche:

Not gonna happen.

This shit is ludicrous on its face. They really think trotting out someone a month from the election who will likely not even attend a debate is going to work to either win them the election or even help the party itself save face? Delusional - the whole lot of them - you bozos have already endorsed your current nominee you nimrods!!!!

Besides, ballots are printed and voting has started in many states. What's even the legality of assigning an already cast vote for Trump to someone that just steps on to the ticket?

Strimei

What's has happened?
I jst saw something about trump canceling something with ryan and ryan said trumps comments were sickening

I haven't been paying attention due to evacuation

Audio of Trump and Billy Bush in a bus via a hot mic was published, and includes Trump talking about how he can pretty much do anything to women since he's a star, how he tried to seduce an unnamed (later identified as Nancy O'Dell) woman, and how he can "grab them by the pussy".

mlclmtckr

Banned
It's true that the GOP can't change the ticket at this point, but what COULD legally happen is Trump could make a public statement saying he will resign immediately after taking the Oath of Office, making Pence the President.

Obviously he would never ever agree to such a thing but it is technically doable.

I think his staff duct taped him to a chair in Trump tower.

Yeah, and I bet they've got that film on the windows that blocks cell phone reception and they've turned off the wi-fi. Smash all the phones on site too, to be safe. If he gets ahold of Twitter right now, they're losing by over 200 EVs.

NYT's @Yamiche:

Not gonna happen.

Yep, I recall this rule as well. They have no recourse in the legal system to change the ballot, and they don't have any RNC rules to do it either without his voluntary resignation or death.

How long into this meeting do you think it takes before someone floats a Trump assassination as a joke, but then leans into it and feels out the room awkwardly? Over/under is an hour.

Strimei

I can imagine if they try to get Trump off the ballot, there'll be a legal battle over it, too.

Hell, probably two battles, Trump on one and Democrats on another to keep it in place.

Jesse Ferguson ‏@JesseFFerguson 112 minutes ago
Does it seem weird to anyone else to be NOT OK with standing next to someone at a rally but STILL OK helping them become President?

(Deputy National Press Sec and Sr. Spox for @HillaryClinton.)

GutsOfThor

It's true that the GOP can't change the ticket at this point, but what COULD legally happen is Trump could make a public statement saying he will resign immediately after taking the Oath of Office, making Pence the President.

Obviously he would never ever agree to such a thing but it is technically doable.

This is what I'm worried about. I could see it happening honestly.

Oh my god Rachel was talking to farentholt about the possibility of the tape existing of Trumps activities during the apprentice. If Clinton gets a hold of those tapes...

Oh god that NYT article he is a fucking predator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom