• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Real shit he's probably better off skipping the debate lmaoo. I can't imagine this will go over well for him, and I can easily see his ass trying to bring up Bill like he did in that Press Statement earlier.

Iolo

Reince Priebus: "No woman should ever be described in these terms or talked about in this manner. Ever. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to help Mr. Trump with debate prep."

All of my GOP friends in Utah love this news, they think it somehow gives the GOP and out so they can get a real conservative in and win the White House

Veelk

Banned
So I was away most of the day. Trying to catch up on what I missed.

Trump releases tape of him being a disgusting pig. I'm continually surprised how people are shocked about his sexism. I mean, I guess this is the first time we've seen him be a predator about it, but it's not something I'm surprised about. Not that I'm complaining. More trump hate, the better.

And Hillary's speech transcripts got released...but apparently there's nothing in them? I'll read them myself in an hour, but can I get cliffnotes version from someone?

And is there anything else?

That NYTimes column makes him look like some kind of monster out of psychological horror movie.

I would say this is Team Clinton going for the kill, but I think they are just along for the ride. This is all about the press, after spending the late summer in a derangement over nothingburgers, started digging into Trump hard.

BigAl1992

Trump, for all his "winning" message and ego, has completely ran away like a spineless coward. I was tempted to call him a b---h, but that would be an insults to all women and girls everywhere, who I refuse to even hint at relating to this fucker. God damn, what a night this has turned into.

but can I get cliffnotes version from someone?

Hillary loves Canadian healthcare. She approaches trade with pragmatism and care. She believes that decisions should be based on facts and research. Wall street should be held accountable, but at the same time, the best people to manage wall street come from wall street.

Basically

- Hillary is pragmatic and extremely liberal.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I still think there's enough time for someone else to come in and have a better shot than Trump. Hillary's unlikeability is through the roof.

Kasich, maybe.

I love how they play this clip on loop while it's labeled graphic content, lol.....it just makes the situation look so much worse 😂😂😂

Dan Pfeiffer ‏@danpfeiffer 10 minutes ago
No one cares if you are sickened by Trump's comments, we care that you still think this misogynistic monster should lead our country

"I love Trump, I just wouldn't let one date my daughter."

Why the fuck is infidelity being equated with sexual assault on CNN right now?

And Andre seriously asking where was the outrage when he got fucking impeached and it tanked his favorabilities even if it didn't tank his approval ratings. Hell Hilary was enraged when she found out Bill had lied

Syncytia

So I was away most of the day. Trying to catch up on what I missed.

Trump releases tape of him being a disgusting pig. I'm continually surprised how people are shocked about his sexism. I mean, I guess this is the first time we've seen him be a predator about it, but it's not something I'm surprised about. Not that I'm complaining. More trump hate, the better.

And Hillary's speech transcripts got released...but apparently there's nothing in them? I'll read them myself in an hour, but can I get cliffnotes version from someone?

And is there anything else?

I don't think it's that anyone is surprised. It's just that it is now completely out there and indisputable. And it's not just him being sexist. It's him essentially saying "I can get away with sexual assault because I'm famous." The best defense they have right now is "locker room boys will be boys" and "but Bill."

Hopfrog

The crew right now:

5c555926933e2250e0fe9ed97575e80293aadf84.gif

Strimei

I still think there's enough time for someone else to come in and have a better shot than Trump. Hillary's unlikeability is through the roof.

Kasich, maybe.

That'd require Trump backing down willingly.

Trump. Admitting defeat and withdrawing.

Trump.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That'd require Trump backing down willingly.

Trump. Admitting defeat and withdrawing.

Trump.

Oh, I know. They can't force him out. Just speaking hypothetically.

I mean, the guy hasn't shown one instance of him caring about the party, and him dropping out would be about the party.

Only thing I could see doing it is if he thinks it will hurt his business too much.

Strimei

Oh, I know. They can't force him out. Just speaking hypothetically.

Ahh gotcha. Some people were seriously thinking he'd drop out after this and I'm just sitting here repeating that to myself.

Trump's more likely to be ousted through some loophole and then he'll turn around and sue about it.

Wiz

Kasich, maybe.

If Trump goes he's taking his followers (or at least half) with him. Any other republican has zero chance at this point.

This is what I'm worried about. I could see it happening honestly.

It would be really dumb and desperate. For one, regular voters would be confused, and anything that confuses voters depresses turnout. Second, a lot of GOP voters who didn't trust Trump would NOT want to vote for him because they wouldn't trust him to resign -- which also depressing turnout. It would hurt them across the board and reinforce their disfunction as a brand. It would make them look ridiculous: "vote for me and get him!" Plus Trump would never do this and go quietly anyway. No one has any leverage to get him to resign. He has no shame and no vested interest in the GOP or its future, and he's rich as fuck. He's not going anywhere, least of all turning everything he built over to a wax doll like Pence.

It's true that the GOP can't change the ticket at this point, but what COULD legally happen is Trump could make a public statement saying he will resign immediately after taking the Oath of Office, making Pence the President.

Obviously he would never ever agree to such a thing but it is technically doable.

But then he'd just be president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom