• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did they manage to lock Trump in a tower for the weekend? Did they cut his internet, too?

This is unusual, he doesn't usually retreat like this. He can't be self aware to know this was the nail in the coffin, right?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
How did they manage to lock Trump in a tower for the weekend? Did they cut his internet, too?

This is unusual, he doesn't usually retreat like this. He can't be self aware to know this was the nail in the coffin, right?

I gotta imagine his kids explained to him how bad this was. Otherwise he would have tweeted something and dug the hole deeper.

The world will be watching his feed at around 3am though.

I wonder about that guy that used to post in here who was having doubts about Trump, but kept trying to excuse his problems as not really being big enough deals to change his mind.

Piecake

I present to you the dumbest man in the world:

Yes, Republicans will definitely respect Hillary if she gets the "mandate" of beating Mike Pence. Just like the Republicans respected Obama after Obama won a clear mandate in 2012 by soundly beating Mitt Romney.

http://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/2016/10/6/13184492/flip-ticket-trump-pence-constitution

Why does Vox allow guest writers this stupid to write for their site?

Being a Yale Professor probably helps.

Convo probably went at Vox - Well, this is tremendously naive, but he is a Yale professor, so maybe he has a insightful point and we just arent seeing it? Fuck it, lets just post it.

Matthew Yglesias ‏@mattyglesias 10 minutes ago
Translation: they knew he was bad, but they were hoping there wasn’t tape.

Chris Cillizza ‏@TheFix 27 minutes ago
Republicans I talk to tonight are sort of stunned. They knew Trump was dangerous for the party. They didn't know he was this dangerous.

GOP is so wrecked tonight

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
So, I'd assume that people in the campaign were unwilling to try to control him because they didn't want to get on his bad side in case he won. But, if it's obvious to everyone that he's done now, has he lost all power within the campaign?

Anyone else starting to think that the whole 'don't campaign in August and let Trump catch up' strategy was planned out from the beginning? The GOP bound themselves inextricably to this sexist maniac throughout September as they saw the polling tighten. And now they're all going down.

I don't think so. They couldn't be so bold to try a new campaign strategy against da donald

Holy fuck. I was so busy at work I missed everything today. Everything.

This is campaign-ending, even for Trump. I wonder how long Clinton team was sitting on this (I know they didn't leak it this time but I'm sure they knew about it). I believe wonder what else they are sitting on.

Another takeaway is that the Republicans in the primary were fucking useless.

chefbags

From the OT thread.

GAy5sS8.png

It's so perfect I'm going to cry lol.

I wonder about that guy that used to post in here who was having doubts about Trump, but kept trying to excuse his problems as not really being big enough deals to change his mind.
Barack Lesner or QWERTY? QWERTY said this pushed him to Johnson earlier in this thread, and Barack Lesner posted in Off Topic yesterday or this morning before this broke and is still firmly on Trump's side. Even brought up the mic issues and how it affected the audience from cheering. Told him they weren't allowed to cheer anyways and people from the debate said they could hear him just fine.

How do you even teach this election in schools? What an awkward time it must be to be a teacher and have to explain a situation like this to grade schoolers.

"In 2012, Barack Obama comfortably won re-election over Mitt Romney. In 2020, Hillary Clinton was up for re-election against..."
"Mr. Garvey?"
"Yes?"
"Does that mean Hillary Clinton was elected in 2016?"
"..."
"How did that election go?"
"YOU DONE MESSED UP, A-A-RON!"

kess

Amazing how the Grab Our Pussy party is hurtling into a political vacuum a month before the election. They're all so craven I don't know if they can salvage this in time.

Owzers

Mitch McConnell totally disgusted and thinks Trump should apologize directly.

(That's it of course)
That's gross, if you're okay with trump all this time you don't get to ask for apologies now.

I still say Trump wins the debate Sunday, this blows over and something else takes its place.

NeoXChaos

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 3m3 minutes ago Washington, DC
This has a bit of an '06 feel to it. The GOP kinda seemed like it was going to dodge the wave in late Sept. Then Foley.

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 3m3 minutes ago Washington, DC
Nate Cohn Retweeted Nate Cohn
And this is not a prediction of a wave, to be clear. Who knows what's going to happen! But the prelude feels similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom