• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiresias

Are there any closely contested Senate or House races that would be Dem pickups that still have debates on their schedules prior to the election? I'd love for some of the Ds to get to ask their opponents about this in a debate and nail them to the wall on it on local television.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
No, there really isn't.

By the time this month is over and what reporters are promising, I honestly think there is if they did it now. I said "better chance." Still wouldn't win. I think this now has landslide potential.

Trump dropping won't happen, as I said earlier.

Are there any closely contested Senate or House races that would be Dem pickups that still have debates on their schedules prior to the election? I'd love for some of the Ds to get to ask their opponents about this in a debate and nail them to the wall on it on local television.

I think there's some Murphy/Rubio debates

Murphy needs to ask Rubio about this and demand he take back his endorsement.

Syncytia

Not closely contested, but since it's McCain... McCain vs Kirkpatrick on Oct 10.

I just can't see Trump showing up to the debate and leaving his Sean Hannity safe zone, err at least not without him making a mad dash for the car right after.

That NYTimes column makes him look like some kind of monster out of psychological horror movie.

I would say this is Team Clinton going for the kill, but I think they are just along for the ride. This is all about the press, after spending the late summer in a derangement over nothingburgers, started digging into Trump hard.

I worry this whole thing might become too negative. This is out of HRC's control

Ross/Burr next week.

I worry this whole thing might become too negative. This is out of HRC's control

She can take the high road while he has the rest of the press screaming at him. It's fine.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL Pence. Sure thing, guy.

The idea that the phrase "grab them by the pussy" is going to be in the political history books forever just astounds me. This isn't some idiot tea party candidate running for city council.

Touchdown

Banned
Trump : "When you're a star they let you do anything"

Bush : "Anything you want"

Trump: "Eat a fucking baby"

*laughter*

63aebbea1e.gif

Teggy

Word is that Access Hollywood was working on their own story with the footage, but stupidly not before the debate. They got scooped with their own material.

In a way, it's kind of funny that people talked about Kasich's problems with women would be the Achilles' heel to his electability but he's the only serious contender for the future to really get out of this unscathed.

I present to you the dumbest man in the world:

Although a ticket flip might make it more likely that Republicans will actually win in November, Hillary Clinton also has much to gain (as does, needless to say, the nation as a whole). If Republicans try this Hail Mary (Hail Mikey?) and lose, Clinton will have a stronger mandate to govern. She won’t owe her victory to simply being the Not-Trump.

Rather, she will have won by persuading voters on Election Day that she and her Democratic team are superior to the generic Republican team — superior in competence and superior in vision. She won’t earn much of a mandate by beating the unready and unsteady Trump, but she might do so if she triumphs over the remaining Republican establishment, such as it is, embodied by the troika of Mike Pence, Paul Ryan, and Mitch McConnell. So she should not oppose a ticket flip.

Yes, Republicans will definitely respect Hillary if she gets the "mandate" of beating Mike Pence. Just like the Republicans respected Obama after Obama won a clear mandate in 2012 by soundly beating Mitt Romney.

http://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/2016/10/6/13184492/flip-ticket-trump-pence-constitution

Why does Vox allow guest writers this stupid to write for their site?

Drakeon

Oh, I know. They can't force him out. Just speaking hypothetically.

I mean, the guy hasn't shown one instance of him caring about the party, and him dropping out would be about the party.

Only thing I could see doing it is if he thinks it will hurt his business too much.

Plinko, after September 1st, the ballots are set, this is done.

teiresias

This is a far cry from traditional "negative" campaigning which is usually mainly exaggerated fear mongering over policy positions.

This sexual assault from the candidates own mouth. I don't think it will have the same blow back as traditional negative campaigns - particularly since you can't really tie this release to the Clinton campaign anyway.

Boke1879

Seriously? Lets not bedwet about this somehow being negative for Clinton when Trump is going through the wringer here. EVERYONE knew what was going to happen when this got released. Clinton even knew it.

The GOP has to deal with this. Clinton gets to sleep well tonight after debate prep.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Seriously? Lets not bedwet about this somehow being negative for Clinton when Trump is going through the wringer here. EVERYONE knew what was going to happen when this got released. Clinton even knew it.

The GOP has to deal with this. Clinton gets to sleep well tonight after debate prep.
We have to come full circle after the bed wetting about Pence taking over was proven impossible.

HylianTom

Banned

Here's what I could find, quick and dirty:

New Hampshire:
October 14th
October 27th
November 2nd

Pennsylvania:
October 17th
October 24th

North Carolina:
October 13th

Indiana:
October 18th

Nevada:
October 14th

Veelk

Banned
Hillary loves Canadian healthcare. She approaches trade with pragmatism and care. She believes that decisions should be based on facts and research. Wall street should be held accountable, but at the same time, the best people to manage wall street come from wall street.

Basically

- Hillary is pragmatic and extremely liberal.

And assange thought this would be damning to Hillary? All it does is show what she is in the dark...which is exactly what she seems to be in the light.

I don't think it's that anyone is surprised. It's just that it is now completely out there and indisputable. And it's not just him being sexist. It's him essentially saying "I can get away with sexual assault because I'm famous." The best defense they have right now is "locker room boys will be boys" and "but Bill."

It was never disputable, but you're right that he's basically now saying he could get away with sexual assault. Seriously, at what point do we just charge him for something?

Syncytia

Sean Hanity trying to defend trump...

"Selective outrage"

Aaaannnnnd we're brushing this off as "he apologized and look at Bill and illegal stuff by Killary" and "they're high schoolers in a locker room"

AND THIS MAN WAS ALMOST 60 WHEN THIS HAPPENED

edit: oh there's a double standard. really? Fuck off Hannity.

edit 2: it's not about what they have on Trump, it's how Trump reacts. fuck this shit so much.

Anyone else starting to think that the whole 'don't campaign in August and let Trump catch up' strategy was planned out from the beginning? The GOP bound themselves inextricably to this sexist maniac throughout September as they saw the polling tighten. And now they're all going down.

Boke1879

Anyone else starting to think that the whole 'don't campaign in August and let Trump catch up' strategy was planned out from the beginning? The GOP bound themselves inextricably to this sexist maniac throughout September as they saw the polling tighten. And now they're all going down.

Not at all. She was just doing what most campaigns do. It just happened to work out this way

Syncytia

It's incredible to me that Trump supporters can go from "You have to dig this up on Trump from 11 years ago" to in the next breath "Bill did bad stuff in the 90s"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom