• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

Clown video, bro.

So basically the GOP has two options from what I can tell. The first option is staying tied to Trump in some capacity while he loses spectacularly and bury themselves in his loss.

The second option is I presume funding and endorsing some other candidate and encouraging GOP voters to "vote your conscience" and write in that person, which basically guarantees a loss but at least with some dignity at the end.

Am I right here?

aaaaa0

I can't believe that in the year 2016, the election for the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, is going to be decided by video from ACCESS HOLLYWOOD.

This year, man, this year. LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Strimei

It takes a strong person to admit when he is wrong, something that Hillary tends to lack in doing.

...didn't she admit to being wrong with the whole email thing, no less?

The reality warping bubble these people live in is fascinating. And scary.

Meanwhile, Jill Stein supporters are like...

untitledpicture6lpcf.png

Pixieking

Banned
Couple of things:

1) How possible is it they replace Trump? If he were willing, how much would it shift the race? Is it even do-able?

2) Chances Trump drops out of the Town Hall?

Syncytia

...didn't she admit to being wrong with the whole email thing, no less?

The reality warping bubble these people live in is fascinating. And scary.

I like to go over to r/The_Donald every few days. It's very... interesting. Most of the time I struggle to determine what posts are real and which are satire.

There will be many PhDs made on this election.

Hillary saying that "grabbing them by the pussy" on Sunday is sexual assault is going to cause the single worst Trump quote of the entire campaign.

I will bet money on this.

Strimei

I like to go over to r/The_Donald every few days. It's very... interesting. Most of the time I struggle to determine what posts are real and which are satire.

Sometimes I wonder about visiting that subreddit but I can't bring myself to do it. I'd loathe myself or otherwise suffer a concussion from facepalming so hard.

WMBT27

Man the other thing this video does is make his surrogates look even worse.

They can't attack the video, but they can't really wholeheartedly defend it either.

I can't believe that in the year 2016, the election for the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, is going to be decided by video from ACCESS HOLLYWOOD.

This year, man, this year. LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

It's fitting that the Reality TV Candidate was brought low by Access Hollywood. He survived the NYT and WaPo, turns out, he needed to be exposed by someone on his level.

UraMallas

Jason Chaffez just unendorsed Trump.

I’m out. I can no longer in good conscience endorse this person for president. It is some of the most abhorrent and offensive comments that you can possibly imagine. I have to tell you, I played college football, and place kicker, I've been in a lot of locker rooms. This is not just locker room talk. This was offensive, and it was absolutely totally wrong, and I'm not going to endorse them. I'm not going to vote for Hillary Clinton.

Hastati

I still cannot comprehend how he is at 44% in some polls. Hopefully this will help solidify Hillary's victory, but considering the boorish, inhumane things he has said repeatedly during the campaign to no effect---let alone a decade ago ... I'm worried that it's still going to be a close call. What concerns me even more is that we are going to keep going through this hell until the alt-right actually manages to take control in the coming decades.

Bowdz

Couple of things:

1) How possible is it they replace Trump? If he were willing, how much would it shift the race?

2) Chances Trump drops out of the Town Hall?

1) The RNC can't do a damn thing to get him off the ticket. Trump needs to agree to drop out after he was elected. If for some reason they could get him to agree, tough shit, the ballots are already printed and people are already voting. It's too late to do anything and even if it wasn't, there is one month until election day. The amount of media that a presidential candidate dropping out a month before the election would occupy would prevent any meaningful campaign from being run.

2) He literally said in the hostage tape that he'd be at the debate. Shit's on bro.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I've been prepping for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding and didn't see any of this shit all day long. It's beautiful. My God...

kevin1025

Banned
CNN's Jim Acosta says it best:

"In his video Trump signaled the beginning of 30 days of scorched earth political combat. That's not really an apology either."

Scorched earth political combat. That sounds fun!

Kalnos

Banned

I don't think the posts on the_donald have been satirical for a long time now, it's 100% serious. Same thing with other big 'circlejerk' subreddits like PCMasterRace, etc.

Syncytia

Sometimes I wonder about visiting that subreddit but I can't bring myself to do it. I'd loathe myself or otherwise suffer a concussion from facepalming so hard.

It's really become a morbid curiosity. At first I couldn't stand it and bailed after reading a post or two. Now I can manage to spend some time reading through comment threads. I've been meaning to step up my alt right observations to like breitbart or something as well but I just don't have time.

I don't think the posts on the_donald have been satirical for a long time now, it's 100% serious. Same thing with other big 'circlejerk' subreddits like PCMasterRace, etc.

That's most likely the case. There's part of me that really wants to believe these people aren't sincerely posting some of the things they are.

Loudninja

Heh
My crazy prediction:

- Has a press conference
- Opens with a crappy apology
- Tries to segue into some rant about Bill
- Goes off rambling about anything that comes to mind
- Tweets tomorrow before any of his staff are awake, probably insulting Billy Bush, Washington Post, and the woman he was talking about.

Strimei

It's really become a morbid curiosity. At first I couldn't stand it and bailed after reading a post or two. Now I can manage to spend some time reading through comment threads. I've been meaning to step up my alt right observations to like breitbart or something as well but I just don't have time.

Oh lord, you're of sterner stuff than I.

I get my fill enough from /r/politics and /r/politicaldiscussion (and /r/subredditdrama when it pops up). That's plenty for me! At least there you usually get people who are at least reasonably sane.

Pixieking

Banned
1) The RNC can't do a damn thing to get him off the ticket. Trump needs to agree to drop out after he was elected. If for some reason they could get him to agree, tough shit, the ballots are already printed and people are already voting. It's too late to do anything and even if it wasn't, there is one month until election day. The amount of media that a presidential candidate dropping out a month before the election would occupy would prevent any meaningful campaign from being run.

2) He literally said in the hostage tape that he'd be at the debate. Shit's on bro.

Sweet! Literally got up 10 minutes ago, and still trying to digest this news alongside my coffee. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom