• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeels

Hillary is really the best.

CwHLajWWgAQy-XK.jpg

Wow she is trying to bring more brown people into the US? ISIS Sympathizer.

The core problems in the NC bedwetting:

- AA and Dem early vote when all is said and done will be fine. Not 2012, but fine.
- The reason why Trump is getting his butt kicked in the state is that white voters aren't going to vote like they did in 2012. Poll after poll has showed a complete collapse of Republican preference and support among whites in core urban and inner ring suburbs.
- Unaffiliated voters are through the roof and (again) Hillary is winning those as well.

I'd think Wisconsin before Michigan.

much, much more worrisome than MI

Amir0x

Banned
I think the weird thing about NC bedwetting is we don't even need the state!

The only thing that should concern us is the Senate race! Which is, yeah, scary and nailbiting.

Renji_11

I actually still wouldn't be surprised if we did get a 6 or 8 point blowout. In 2012, Romney's polling average was essentially tied with Obama. Obama won by four points. In 2016, Hillary is winning by far more in polling aggregates. And Trump has zero ground game, unlike Romney.

Yeah the ground game is the only thing keeping me sane plus the firewall. But I would love a blow out so I don't have the hear the rigged claims.

Hillary is really the best.

CwHLajWWgAQy-XK.jpg

this strikes home for me.

hillary also personally intervened and allowed my now fiancee to both stay in the US and have her mom visit during a particularly life threatening moment.

my fiancee was in the US on a student visa and became gravely ill with a yet undiagnosed illness. 6 months with no insurance she spent in the hospital while the doctors tried to figure out what was going on. once they figured out what she had (Lymphangioleiomyomatosis) they told her she needed to be placed on the lung transplant list or she would die within a few months. she was 20 years old at this point. having no insurance and an expired student visa severely complicated the issue, however. everyone knew that she couldn't go back to Ukraine because that would basically be a death warrant.

through miraculous connections involving a friend of her, a prominent oil executive, and HRC, my fiancee was given a job with health insurance that granted her access to the transplant center and list. furthermore, HRC as sec of state at the time, intervened and granted her a green card so she could stay in the states and personally approved her mom's visa so she could be with her daughter.

flash forward seven years later and my finacee is now five years post double lung transplant, she became an american citizen last year, and cast her first vote even for HRC this past Saturday.

Amir0x

Banned
Yeah the ground game is the only thing keeping me sane plus the firewall. But I would love a blow out so I don't have the hear the rigged claims.

I think at the end of the day we're gonna end up with 52% of the vote. Trump will get like 46%.

Well I'll say as a black person this will be the most disappointed I've ever been in my community if they fail to show up in this election and it will also show me that any movement going on is doomed to fail because people can't see any bigger picture.

Oh and a couple of Obama speeches wouldn't have changed these people's minds. The amount of campaigning he has been doing is unprecedented.

This is what I've been telling people locally as well: Keep the big picture in mind. Who cares if you don't like her, she's a badass and will do a great job. Good, positive change doesn't happen overnight, and throwing out what progress we've made in the last 8 years just to try something new will only take us backward, worse than we were in 2008. Stick with it, get Hillary in there and we'll pull forward, albeit slowly.

I fear those who can't see the bigger picture and fail to consider the shockwaves a Trump presidency could have need some serious "how to think" classes.

hillary also personally intervened and allowed my now fiancee to both stay in the US and have her mom visit during a particularly life threatening moment.

my fiancee was in the US on a student visa and became gravely ill with a yet undiagnosed illness. 6 months with no insurance she spent in the hospital while the doctors tried to figure out what was going on. once they figured out what she had (Lymphangioleiomyomatosis) they told her she needed to be placed on the lung transplant list or she would die within a few months. she was 20 years old at this point. having no insurance and an expired student visa severely complicated the issue, however. everyone knew that she couldn't go back to Ukraine because that would basically be a death warrant.

through miraculous connections involving a friend of her, a prominent oil executive, and HRC, my fiancee was given a job with health insurance that granted her access to the transplant center and list. furthermore, HRC as sec of state at the time, intervened and granted her a green card so she could stay in the states and personally approved her mom's visa so she could be with her daughter.

flash forward seven years later and my finacee is now five years post double lung transplant, she became an american citizen last year, and cast her first vote even for HRC this past Saturday.

This is a wonderful story, given how much both of you have been through in your lives. Thanks for sharing. Leaders show empathy and a compass that points them to do the right thing and see it through to completion. HRC has done both all of her career, Trump is incapable of both.

That really, really matters. Trump's a wicked man and no amount of court justices or marginal tax changes make up for that fact.

Never dissapoints:

Bill Mitchell ‏@mitchellvii 1h1 hour ago
Just got word from Polling Insider. Hillary is headed for Election Day No-Show Meltdown as her enthusiasm implodes.

I am seeing signs everywhere Dem Leadership is bailing on Hillary.

Democrats believe that Trump will fail as POTUS. Better for their brand than an indicted President Hillary. Hence they are bailing on her.

I would almost go so far as to guess that Democrat Leadership now WANTS Hillary to lose. Oppose Trump and run better candidate in 2020.

Bill Mitchell ‏@mitchellvii 55m55 minutes ago
If the DNC gives approval to the pollsters to drop these ridiculous D+10 samples and be real around D+0 to D+2, Trump will take HUGE lead.

Bill Mitchell ‏@mitchellvii 45m45 minutes ago
Hillary will lose.
Obama will pardon Hillary.
Democrats will seek to make POTUS Trump fail over next 4 years.
Democrats aim for 2020.

Barzul

Wow

If Trump runs the board on swing states and flips Wisconsin, Hillary could still win if she takes all the Maine EVs and peels one from Nebraska. It would finish 270-268.

The stars really need to align for the orange turd to have a chance.

This is an amazing story. Thank you for sharing.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
If Trump runs the board on swing states and flips Wisconsin, Hillary could still win if she takes all the Maine EVs and peels one from Nebraska. It would finish 270-268.

It would also mean significant polling errors. There were multiple points during the campaign a Trump victory was conceivable, but we've been past that following the first debate.

Diablos

There's always the FBI

One person says drip drip drip
Someone else says going way slower than anticipated and making little progress

I can't believe this is our FBI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom