• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazzy

Here's the OT for the weeks right before election day.

heh...

(ignore the time, this is about 4 minutes after MSNBC called Ohio and the election for Obama)

EONwMr.png

Dierce

Sorry if this was posted earlier but what is this shit?

From reading it the change is mostly due to rising enthusiasm for orange turd. Although asshole Comey didn't directly effect Clinton's support it fired up Turd's supporters and probably some republicans who would have abstained.

Grym

Trump was in MI yesterday and apparently the rest of his campaign and family will be in MI throughout the week (Pence, Ivanka, Eric, and Jr.). Hail Mary? Or do they know something no one else on the planet knows.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/11/trump_children_mike_pence_to_c.html

I think it's more of a Hail Mary; and honestly probably prompted because Trump thinks he can pull a Bernie Sanders.

I would put more stock in it if Clinton was making a big push. At this point, I only expect them to make data-driven decisions like that.

Zukkoyaki

Trump was in MI yesterday and apparently the rest of his campaign and family will be in MI throughout the week (Pence, Ivanka, Eric, and Jr.). Hail Mary? Or do they know something no one else on the planet knows.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/11/trump_children_mike_pence_to_c.html

We heard from insiders that Trump's advisors warned him against going to MI claiming it's a lost cause. Clinton is also WAY ahead in the aggregate there. Also in order to win Trump HAS to crack a blue state. Even if we wins NV, NC, FL, OH and IA he still only has 266 votes.

John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood 16m16 minutes ago
top GOP pollster: "Trump recovering, not enough to dig out of hole. superior HRC data/digital/GOTV too much to overcome. GOP holds Senate."

Tony Fabrizio
‏@TonyFabrizioGOP Tony Fabrizio Retweeted John Harwood
What if the turnout models are wrong and turnout looks more like 2014 than it does 2012?
Ha, no.

No wonder Trump won't pay you $750K

faisal233

Yep, Ari Melber said the FBI is considering doing real time updates as the emails are checked.

Wow. Let's just assume Comey didn't send the letter to change the race (I know). If he did this because he thought the GOP would hound him for years if he didn't disclose before the election, he should have also considered what would happen to his job if he did disclose before the election.

He is fucked, no way he survives.

Paches

Why can't they just wait until they actually have something solid and then talk about it?

Maybe Comey wants to have it be a daily talk show where they pull out the latest results from an envelope like Maury Povich. That is how insane this is getting.

Grym

I think it's more of a Hail Mary; and honestly probably prompted because Trump thinks he can pull a Bernie Sanders.

I would put more stock in it if Clinton was making a big push. At this point, I only expect them to make data-driven decisions like that.

The only thing I've heard about Clinton in MI is that she has Cher (huh?) making campaign stops for her right now around the state. So no big push. (Edit - Oh and I guess the article I linked says Bernie is coming to MI for a stop too. Didn't know that)

pigeon

Banned
That's really weird. Not going to panic about it, it just doesn't make sense.

Trump has already said his goal is to depress African American turnout by demoralizing people.

If you expect AA vote to be low, and you know you win low-college whites and unions don't help Dems much, Michigan is an obvious state to target. It's pretty much all African-Americans and low-college white voters.

Michigan, Iowa, Ohio, and eventually Wisconsin and Minnesota are all states that the GOP probably views as attackable, in the same way that we see Georgia, Texas, and Arizona as attackable. If Trump were leading by 10 instead of behind by 10 those are the states where Trump would be posting +1 leads every so often.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
To be fair, I'm kind of surprised Clinton isn't sending anyone to Michigan after what happened in the primaries.

Hillary can run some ads in Michigan with Trump's quotes about how his rallies sound as loud as an Ohio State football game. That'll wrap it up in short order. Maybe morph Trump into Brutus just to get the point across.

Even if he could somehow make two pretty clearly blue states red in a week... he still loses...
You could even knock Florida off there and we'd still squeak by with North Carolina (IMO a much surer bet than FL). Trump's got the most daunting odds imaginable to pull this off.

EDIT: Damn your edits making me look redundant!

Maxim726X

Even if he could somehow make two pretty clearly blue states red in a week... he still loses...

He can even have Florida in this map and still lose.

North Carolina is a serious gift this time around.

Right. Which of the firewall states is he going to turn?

CO? NH?

I just don't see it. She doesn't even need FLA/OH.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Is there any polling that suggests Trump is within even striking distance in Michigan?

Last polls were pretty bad for him, but they were a while back, I thought.

Edit: Fox 2/Mitchell had one from a couple days ago showing Clinton +9.

real talk-if you take away the garbage trackers and partisan dumpster polls, doesn't this race basically look as steady as it's always been?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom