• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protein

Banned
Texas
KTVT-CBS 11/Dixie Strategies Poll (10/27-29):

Trump 52 (+13)
Clinton 39
Johnson 3

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/11/01/donald-trump-surges-to-12-point-lead-in-texas/

Arizona
Data Orbital Poll, (10/29-30):

Trump 45 (+4)
Clinton 41
Johnson 3

2 point gain for Trump in 3 days

www.12news.com/news/politics/trump-widens-lead-in-arizona-new-poll-shows/345707840

It was all a dream

A separate Data Orbital survey shows Prop 205, which would legalize marijuana statewide, losing, with 51 percent of respondents saying they would vote “no” and 45 percent voting “yes.”

Thanks emails.

Zukkoyaki

Texas

Trump 52 (+13)
Clinton 39
Johnson 3

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/11/01/donald-trump-surges-to-12-point-lead-in-texas/

Arizona

Trump 45 (+4)
Clinton 41
Johnson 3

www.12news.com/news/politics/trump-widens-lead-in-arizona-new-poll-shows/345707840

It was all a dream
I think we're just seeing republican voters consolidate in red states (like MO and Indiana). Arizona was always a stretch goal and this election felt like an effort to lay the groundwork for the future.

1/ moderate screen brightness
2/ moderate ambient lighting

A bunch of Trump signs popped up around the two traffic lights in my town in the past week. Living in rural New Hampshire I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner: in 2008 Obama was the first Democrat to win my county since 1912.

Trump signs went up SO EARLY in my county, I started going a different way to work so that I didn't have to see any and then the popped up over there too. It definitely feels like they're everywhere and I can't get away from them, but it was like that for Johnson signs for a while too.

All the Johnson signs taught me that it only takes one guy to put up a hundred signs, so I don't sweat it.

Still, it's irritating to see hideous "Maine for Trump" signs so often. It lets me know who to never, ever speak to again.

Texas

Trump 52 (+13)
Clinton 39
Johnson 3

Arizona

Trump 45 (+4)
Clinton 41
Johnson 3

It was all a dream

Dixie Strategies is a consulting firm to fit the needs of polling to whatever you want http://dixiestrategies.com/ Fake ass polling

Pete Williams must have a direct landline to Comey.

Bradd Jaffy ‏@BraddJaffy 9m9 minutes ago
Per @PeteWilliamsNBC: DOJ/FBI officials say Lynch & Comey met privately Monday after a regular NatSec mtg; Lynch pulled Comey aside. (1/3)

Bradd Jaffy ‏@BraddJaffy 9m9 minutes ago
They discussed the ongoing effort to examine emails found on the Weiner laptop and their shared desire to move as quickly as possible. (2/3)

Bradd Jaffy ‏@BraddJaffy 8m8 minutes ago
Both DOJ and FBI officials describe the mtg. as cordial; a DOJ official says Lynch expressed her continued confidence in Comey. (3/3)

Should have gotten you Civ VI, now that is a true life drainer.

Never played a Civ game. In fact I haven't owned a desktop capable of playing 'big' games in years.

I wonder how well Civ VI would run on an i5 Dell with 8gb of RAM and only a 128gb SSD.

Since my PS4 was fried by lightning, my 3DS has been my best friend!

Edit: Totally OT, back to bedwetting

I don't know what I'll do if Jason Kander doesn't win. I will probably just lay on the ground and die.

I would also like Jason Kander to win the senate race in Florida. Don't @ me.

johnny956

Democrats better get their assess to the polls in Missouri. I want that one and NC the most.

I already voted so +1 to Kander. Just need enough split voters in favor of Kander and Koster (governor race). Definitely possible to get the senate/governor to be democrat while Trump wins the state. Both the governor and senate race are a tossup right now

this strikes home for me.

hillary also personally intervened and allowed my now fiancee to both stay in the US and have her mom visit during a particularly life threatening moment.

my fiancee was in the US on a student visa and became gravely ill with a yet undiagnosed illness. 6 months with no insurance she spent in the hospital while the doctors tried to figure out what was going on. once they figured out what she had (Lymphangioleiomyomatosis) they told her she needed to be placed on the lung transplant list or she would die within a few months. she was 20 years old at this point. having no insurance and an expired student visa severely complicated the issue, however. everyone knew that she couldn't go back to Ukraine because that would basically be a death warrant.

through miraculous connections involving a friend of her, a prominent oil executive, and HRC, my fiancee was given a job with health insurance that granted her access to the transplant center and list. furthermore, HRC as sec of state at the time, intervened and granted her a green card so she could stay in the states and personally approved her mom's visa so she could be with her daughter.

flash forward seven years later and my finacee is now five years post double lung transplant, she became an american citizen last year, and cast her first vote even for HRC this past Saturday.
This is the kind of story that might be worth sending to people in the media. Or to the Clinton campaign. Mook, if you're reading this, please invite Incognito and fiancee to speak at the next Clinton rally near them.

Never played a Civ game. In fact I haven't owned a desktop capable of playing 'big' games in years.

I wonder how well Civ VI would run on an i5 Dell with 8gb of RAM and only a 128gb SSD.

Since my PS4 was fried by lightning, my 3DS has been my best friend!

Edit: Totally OT, back to bedwetting
I'm running it at 60 frames per second on lowest settings at 1080p on an dual-core i5 laptop. Play on smaller maps and you'd probably be completely fine. Civ's never been especially demanding, though it can make a CPU chug on the larger maps.

Zukkoyaki

Missouri is one of those states where ticket splitting isn't very uncommon. I also feel that a lot of republicans don't like Blunt either because of the lobbying stuff. Anecdotal, yes, but Kander absolutely has a chance.

I kind of wonder if 2016 is only the beginning of presidential elections being normal person vs madness.

I'm not really confident in the Republicans to not pick a crazy person again.

CwMWt3wWYAA0Uw7.jpg:large

MoxManiac

Btw, if anyone's curious, there were quite a few interesting ballot questions for Maine:

Legalization of Marijuana
Minimum Wage Hike
Background checks for Guns
Ranked Choice Voting (This probably would have prevented the racist piece of shit that is our governor from getting elected had it been instituted earlier)

Someone linked to the last 2012 OT before the election. We used to have soooo much fun with PD. Any chance of his unban? :(

Accusing former mods of raping children is generally frowned upon.

I kind of wonder if 2016 is only the beginning of presidential elections being normal person vs madness.

I'm not really confident in the Republicans to not pick a crazy person again.

LePage 2020.

Totakeke

This is the kind of story that might be worth sending to people in the media. Or to the Clinton campaign. Mook, if you're reading this, please invite Incognito and fiancee to speak at the next Clinton rally near them.

I don't know, as good as a story that is, it's also easy to spin it for the other side. Clinton gives immigrants green cards who then obtains citizenships and votes Democrat.

Ecotic

Someone linked to the last 2012 OT before the election. We used to have soooo much fun with PD. Any chance of his unban? :(
PD was awesome, I really enjoyed him. I wish this place would be more lenient with people who contribute well most of the time but mess up in some distant thread that relatively few people saw.

Jeels

Ranked Choice Voting (This probably would have prevented the racist piece of shit that is our governor from getting elected had it been instituted earlier)

How does this work, do they add up the total number based on rank? Wouldn't that mean third parties win if both democrats and republicans pick them as their second most wanted choice?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
PD was awesome, I really enjoyed him. I wish this place would be more lenient with people who contribute well most of the time but mess up in some distant thread that relatively few people saw.

He messed up way too big to not eat a perm.

Btw, if anyone's curious, there were quite a few interesting ballot questions for Maine:

Minimum Wage Hike

I ended up voting Yes on every question.

But I am most passionate about the ranked voting. Maine has a lot of indepdendent candidates and three-way votes are common. As you obviously know, this is what shuffled LePage into office both times.

While all the ballot questions are very clearly worded, I don't think the ranked voting question is clear to the layman. People aren't going to know what they're being asked, so they will probably vote No. There hasn't been a campaign that this question is literally in response to Paul LePage's subsequent victories, which would be enough to get most people to vote Yes. I'm worried it won't pass and we'll keep getting screwball governors because progressives are voting for two candidates and conservatives are only voting for one.

Minimum Wage Hike

I go a little cross-eyed whenever I see someone here mention LePage as a possible 2020 candidate.

I think I've seen more signs for the gun question than anything else pertaining to this election. Including presidential candidates. The Yes people are running some good ads that should quell gun enthusiasts' fears but I'm afraid the "muh gunz" people will win out in the end.

How does this work, do they add up the total number based on rank? Wouldn't that mean third parties win if both democrats and republicans pick them as their second most wanted choice?

If there are 5 candidates, the candidate who finishes 5th has their votes distributed to the other four candidates based on how the 5th place candidate's voters ranked the other candidates. Then so on for the 4th candidate, 3rd candidate.

I go a little cross-eyed whenever I see someone here mention LePage as a possible 2020 candidate.

LePage 2020.

johnny956

Ballot wording

Do you want to allow voters to rank their choices of candidates in elections for U.S. Senate, Congress, Governor, State Senate, and State Representative, and to have ballots counted at the state level in multiple rounds in which last-place candidates are eliminated until a candidate wins by majority?

royalan

Hillary doesn't have any more oppo against Trump? You would think it would be released by now. Where are the n word tapes from the apprentice?

If the campaign does have more oppo, they're going to wait until right before the weekend to drop it. Gives Trump less time to counter it.

Miles X

So with 7 days to go, what are the chances of any new big news (for either) hitting?

It's such a shame this email BS has come about. I hope Comey gets his ass handed to him.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Like I said, this thread isn't politics; it's therapy.

Apparently it's mostly therapy for people suffering from election results in other countries now.

I mean, if Clinton wins, there's a glimmer of hope in the world. If Clinton loses, America fucked up more than everyone else did. What's not to like?

If this is true, then in theory wouldn't we want a bunch of Trump oppo to drop for the 4 days up through Election Day? (5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th) That way the election happens right as soft Trump supporters are at peak disgust with Trump.

It would also be great to have it drop that late so that the last polls soft Dem supporters see are ones that indicate a closer race where Trump appears to have a scary shot at winning, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom