• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
Finally got to vote!
(The poll workers didn't even say anything about my button..)

CvzvxmTWYAA1DY4.jpg

jbug617

Banned
Hillary wants Biden to be Secretary of State
Joe Biden is at the top of the internal short list Hillary Clinton’s transition team is preparing for her pick to be secretary of state, a source familiar with the planning tells POLITICO.

This would be the first major Cabinet candidate to go public for a campaign that’s insisted its focus remains on winning the election, and perhaps the most central choice for a potential president who was a secretary of state herself.

Neither Clinton nor her aides have yet told Biden. According to the source, they’re strategizing about how to make the approach to the vice president, who almost ran against her in the Democratic primaries but has since been campaigning for her at a breakneck pace all over the country in these final months.

"He'd be great, and they are spending a lot of time figuring out the best way to try to persuade him to do it if she wins,” said the source familiar with the transition planning.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/clinton-eyes-biden-for-secretary-of-state-230428

Diablos

Despite all of the crazy things witnessed this cycle, I still think the craziest thing ever seen when it comes to pure politics and trying to send a message in the past 40 years or so is the suicide of Budd Dwyer. Like, it's just a complete mindfuck.

Sibylus

Banned
Diamond Joe as secretary of state gives me the giggles.

And fuck me. Armed insurrection -> Acquittal. And people say white privilege is a myth.

Boke1879

Despite all of the crazy things witnessed this cycle, I still think the craziest thing ever seen when it comes to pure politics and trying to send a message in the past 40 years or so is the suicide of Budd Dwyer. Like, it's just a complete mindfuck.

That's the guy who killed himself on live tv right? Yea dude. That's completely messed up

HylianTom

Banned
Kirk stepped in it tonight.

@BFriedmanDC
Wow. In debate, @MarkKirk says to Tammy Duckworth: "I had forgotten your parents came all the way from Thailand to serve George Washington."

Another notch of evidence on why I'm immediately skeptical of so-called "moderate" Republicans.

Ecotic

Awesome. Diamond Joe sticks around. Poor Kerry though, what does he get? He's been a great SoS. Defense maybe?

Boke1879

Good. Voted for Tammy yesterday as well here in IL. Kirk knows he's finished, but that shit is disgusting.

He really thought he said something after that. That fucking awkward silence after it said it all.

Also yea. Those numbers are terrible for Trump.

Breads

Banned
Just took a look at David Duke's (((Twitter))) account.

When accounts like that are allowed to thrive it's no small wonder why companies withdrew their bids from buying that shitscape.

And yet their next power move was to close vines down.

Jesus wept.

Diablos

That's the guy who killed himself on live tv right? Yea dude. That's completely messed up
Yeah. That he even went through with it is just so disturbing. Even if not totally innocent I do think his guilt was exaggerated and I can't help but feel bad for him and his family.

Slayven

Just took a look at David Duke's (((Twitter))) account.

When accounts like that are allowed to thrive it's no small wonder why companies withdrew their bids from buying that shitscape.

And yet their next power move was to close vines down.

Jesus wept.

Some venture startup is going to pick twitter up for pennies on the dollar in a year or two

Boke1879

Yeah. That he even went through with it is just so disturbing. Even if not totally innocent I do think his guilt was exaggerated and I can't help but feel bad for him and his family.

Yea i saw the video a while back and it's just so surreal.

on a different note. Trump ONLY knows how to sow division.
Sopan Deb
@SopanDeb
Trump: "...if any Catholic votes for Hillary Clinton, you know, I would say, if I were a Catholic, I wouldn’t be talking to them anymore."

BriGuy

I don't understand where the "Hillary hates catholics" pitch is coming from. Like, isn't it from a leaked email of some Catholic staffer to some other staffer that never crossed Hillary's desk? What does she have to do with it?

the FUCK

Just saw the video. didn't know about this.

I don't understand where the "Hillary hates catholics" pitch is coming from. Like, isn't it from a leaked email of some Catholic staffer to some other staffer that never crossed Hillary's desk? What does she have to do with it?

It's probably because she won't call that e-mail what it really is. Radical islamic terrorism.

Not that there ever needed to be a real link for Donald to run with something. See: most of his campaign.

Boke1879

That was fast.

I'm finding my interest in the day-to-day waning. Is it because Trump's off twitter? Or a lack of OPPO?

Shit is just about to be boring unless there is oppo. That said it's probably just going to be compaigning and Hillary telling us all to get out and vote. Trump will just go negative like he always has.

Oh fuck, I made the wall of shame. Yep, I really hate Trump.

Thank fucking god I'm not first again. But this place has become my home here on GAF during the election. Normally I'm on the gaming side.

Gruco

Banned
Another notch of evidence on why I'm immediately skeptical of so-called "moderate" Republicans.
Yeeeeeup.

The idea of a reasonable moderate republican is a fantasy constructed by people who are are ideologically or professionally opposed to acknowledging the madness of the Republican party. No sane person should ever vote for a republican for any federal office. As bad as Bayh is, for example, the D next to his name is still enough.

Kirk just demonstrated that he thinks Duckworth's entire family history is invalid because at one point in her family tree, a white person married someone from Thailand. He thinks people without white skin can't have a deep connection to this country. Much Trump's Curiel comments, it's transparent, awful, and unacceptable racism.

=====

In other news, it's October 27th and NPR's politics podcast spent the evening wondering who would win Texas and Utah. This is real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom