• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
These next 4 years are going to be miserable. It's amazing how much Republicans despise Clinton. It also shows how perfect Obama has been to avoid the shitstorm

Come on, PoliGAF fess up:

Ruby CramerVerified account
‏@rubycramer
effect now on down-ballot? Longtime Dem operative: "Way way way worse... Weiner angle means this is going to be on Entertainment Tonight."

Bowdz

While I'm skeptical as to whether Clinton's team has any of the oppo that Cesare said they did, if they did have it, I think today answered the question of whether or not they'd be willing to drop the most damaging of it

While I'm skeptical as to whether Clinton's team has any of the oppo that Cesare said they did, if they did have it, I think today answered the question of whether or not they'd be willing to drop the most damaging of it

IF they do, at this point they'd want it to be the last thing the media focuses on before the election, so late next week.

IF. I don't think there's anything else though.

Joeytj

Banned

They're not going to drop it right now. They are still going to be waiting for this to blow over before anything else needs to come out.

This story is burning fast. In just 5 hours, it's gone from "FBI reopens probe of Hillary emails" to "Weiner device had some Hillary emails" and apparently no classified info was found in there and it wasn't even Hillary's fault.

Zackat

She really prints out emails onto paper? I must have missed this.

It's like old ladies printing out websites to read them.

Joeytj

Banned
What is the emails thing even about?

Like, what is the whole charge about why Hillary should be in prison?

That she knowingly shared unclassified information using an unsecured email server. And even if that were true, it probably wouldn't mean jail time. Even the private server wasn't illegal in that she would get prison time for it.

People have gone to jail for leaking classified info and sharing classified info on purpose. Hillary didn't do any of that. She did use a secure channel to talk about classified information, but she could've saved herself trouble by simply using a government account for everything (although she wanted to keep using her private email for private stuff, which is fine if you can truly separate the two).

If you want to play a devil's advocate, you could argue that Hillary though she could have more control over her emails if it was in a private server and therefore avoid public information laws, but from what we've seen, she really didn't use her email for shady stuff, except for perhaps talking too much about certain aspects of her job as Sec. of State. in that email.

Paul Ryan and Jason Chaffetz are the least intelligent people in Washington so I don't know if they can be humiliated any further.

This is a fair point. Paul Ryan is often described in articles as the head of the GOP's intellectual wing, which is pretty impressive for a Randian caricature with no real policy proposals beyond "cut more taxes."

Killerhertz

Neo Member
I'd assume dems are at least cautious of the "secret" trump vote which would lead to spending in Wisconsin and other places that you wouldn't expect

NC Governor Pat McCrory picked up a newspaper endorsement today. Things are looking up for the McCrory reelection campaign, right? Well, no. It's a troll endorsement from Roanoke Times, a newspaper in Virginia.

http://www.roanoke.com/opinion/edit...e-8b8b-6d3390b921b1.html#.WBN5hN3enuI.twitter

•Which candidate would do the most to help our local economy?
That’s easy. It’s Pat McCrory, the Republican governor of North Carolina, who’s seeking his second four-year term in the November election. We can point to specific and multiple ways he has helped the economy — our economy. North Carolina panicked and made a spectacle of itself by passing HB2, its so-called “bathroom bill.” In response, various companies and even sports leagues pulled events from the state. Three of those have wound up in Salem — the NCAA Division III men’s and women’s soccer championships, as well as the Division II Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association football championship. That’s money in the bank for us.

McCrory has given Virginia a competitive advantage in economic development, as well. When the University Economic Development Association recently held its national conference in Roanoke, the keynote speaker highlighted a North Carolina program to encourage partnerships between colleges and companies, as a way help recruit technology companies interested in research and development. The speaker hailed it as a model for other states to follow as they try to build a “knowledge economy.” Then the speaker noted that McCrory had cancelled it. The pro-business audience groaned.

On Monday, a data company picked Richmond as the site for a new office, with 730 jobs. Industry officials said it beat out Charlotte specifically because of HB2.

Feel free to argue all you want which presidential candidate would be best, but it’s clear that Virginia would be best served if North Carolina re-elected McCrory.

Freaking out over Wisconsin ad buys when we don't even know if it's a significant investment is silly. For all we know they spent a few hundred K to help some downticket races and it's nothing to blink an eye at.

Amir0x

Banned
But why would we worry about Weiner now. He's always been tied to Hillary and Huma since before this. I mean sure. We could have done without this whole thing.

But this thing at this point is nothing, and if the media can only talk about "optics" it means they don't have much to keep a story going.

Weiner matters because now his grotesque bullshit is tied to this new investigation, which is now tied to Clinton. I know this is going nowhere.

What does matter is running up a margin to take Senate and long long long shot for House. If this story keeps being misreported and dominates 2 or 3 days of news coverage, thatll begin to dip into our margins. Which will reduce potentially the number of house and senate seats we can win. With 11 days to go, this will build racist Trump supporters hopes and turn off a few more independents.

This was politically motivated tripe, and unfortunately we are too late in this race to regain narrative advantage short of some new damaging Trump allegations.

In Summary:

Yes Hillary is going to win. Yes legally this will almost certainly mean nothing. What it means is a few days Trump wont be center of negative attention. Lets say it impacts half a percent of the vote or a full percent. Then close downballot races can realistically be impacted.

It is nuanced frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom