• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does CNN want a horse race?

They have to know that Trump would shut down the channel and imprison them if he wins, right?

His supporters have been very clear that they want CNN reporters to be imprisoned or executed and Trump hasn't admonished them at all for their desire.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
He went out of norm when he added 15 minutes of attack ad in front of clearing her. The GOP was just too stupid to take what he said.

Yep, it should have been "We will not be pursuing charges" and left it at that until the full report came out.

Ugh... this is starting to turn bad again with the media going full on horse race using this. Can Obama do anything to force Comey to make a fricking statement clarifying this?
He should not do anything Paper..

It's going to be fine.. Wait for news for Shad firing Gus' ass.

Probably, sadly I'm near people who are diablosing about this and is in turn starting to affect me.
Kick them in the dick and tell them it's fine..

The superpac thing is stupid. They don't need to insert themselves here and make it look like they are questioning the FBI like Trump has done.

Boke1879

They have to know that Trump would shut down the channel and imprison them if he wins, right?

His supporters have been very clear that they want CNN reporters to be imprisoned or executed and Trump hasn't admonished them at all for their desire.

ratings.

re: Scarborough and Mitchell

I'm quite sure they don't want Trump to be President. I'm also sure they despise Hillary, but that is different from them being terrified of a Clinton presidency.

What they want most is the ability to bitch endlessly about Clinton without worrying about it actually endangering her chances to become President. So when something looks like it might really seriously screw with the election, they get serious.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

Muscle memory?

BiggNife

No one gives a shit about watching CNN when a race is one-sided. It's obvious why they want a horse race. The same fucking thing happened in 2012.

No one gives a shit about watching CNN when a race is one-sided. It's obvious why they want a horse race. The same fucking thing happened in 2012.

But Romney wasn't running on "If I win, the rivers will run red with blood from CNN reporters and anchors."

Trump is pretty close to that!

Boke1879

But short-term ratings don't matter if they're shut down afterward!

This is terrible risk-assessment and terrible long-term thinking by CNN.

Hot take. In the event Trump is President. He won't shut anything down. All of this bullshit he's been saying won't even get legislation. It'll be Pence doing all the shadowy backdoor shit.

Bowdz

Lol, so I finish my workout for the day and teaching my noon class, I check my phone and see 11+ pages added to the thread think some new damaging Trump shit dropped. Wow, what a rollercoaster reading the thread after the fact.

This really just highlights how unhinged and opportunistic the GOP is. I don't just have zero confidence in Trump's ability to govern anymore, I have absolutely no faith in any of the GOP to govern competently. This behavior was the EXACT same shoot-from-the-hip style that has been employed by Trump. Having any governmental control is apparently to much of a burden for them. Paul Ryan really looks like shit firing off that preemptive shitpost when he could have waited an hour, gotten a full view of the situation, and then responded like an actual adult and the way I'd expect the person third in line to the presidency to behave. This is more of a reminder to me that, as you guys were reminding me the other day, that there are no moderate Republicans anymore; the whole party is rotten to the core and Trump is just the cherry on top of their shit sundae of an organization.

As for Comey, he really can't hide behind ignorance or nonpartisanship in this instance. He was required by law to do this and that is fine, but he had to have known that the GOP would leak this letter immediately and thus, he should have either been MUCH more clear as to exactly what was going on in the letter or he should have given a public statement to clarify the situation. His lack of clarity on this issue is a major disservice to the nonpartisan nature of the FBI.

Nafai1123

Banned
But short-term ratings don't matter if they're shut down afterward!

This is terrible risk-assessment and terrible long-term thinking by CNN.

CNN: "What's long-term thinking? Is that like when you release a story without enough evidence and then spend the next week talking about it while you get more evidence?"

They've made $100 million more this year, NYT executive editor was right to trash CNN and Fox

smurfx

get some go again
Feel bad for Comey on this one, since he was legally obligated to notify the committee about the change.

That said, bro needs to give more details about the whole mess.
meh he deserves shit for the language used after the fbi did not indict hillary. that was absolutely meant to appease republicans looking for blood.

Chumley

Banned
Chris Matthews is having a stroke over people being pissed at Comey, doubling down on this being a legit story against Clinton.

172.gif

smurfx

get some go again
That was quick.
comey knew he was going to be in deep shit if he prolonged this with absolutely no evidence of actual wrong doing. hoping this event ends up turning against the republicans and if they have to take comey down with them then so be it.

Could it be that there is something against Anthony but not Clinton ?

Ie would that necessitate reopoening clintons investigation as her server could be the recipient?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Biden announced he didn't want the job?

:( :( :(

Hillary supporters should look at this as a preview to the open sewer of the GOP House and start burning down everything over the next ten days to try to flip it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom