• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadotsu

Banned
House Reps would be foolish to make Comey clarify his statement. It was phrased vague for a reason just like he phrased his critique of Clinton before GOP representatives looking for a kill made him clarify in Clinton's favor.

While the story is nothingburger it shifts the attention from Trump to Hillary.

In the campaign till now the candidate getting media attention has suffered in polls.

I don't think by any stretch it'll happen, but just imagine the grand comedy of America electing an openly racist, xenophobic, sexist president with a heavily anti-gay vice prez just because of an email scandal for the other side. We'd deserve the ruin we get.

Joeytj

Banned
That Trump video is getting some play in media. Just got an alert from the Breaking News app.

All I want, is for the media to clarify that this they're not "reopening" anything, that it's about Hillary's emails, so far there's no classified information, it's not from her server, bla bla bla. Apparently, the only reason those emails were on Weiner's and Huma's phone, is because she sent it to another account in order to print them.

Come on Comey, come the fuck out and admit it's nothing.

Bowdz

On this, the darkest of days, I received a call from a Tesla Motors rep asking if I wanted to cast my vote on the Tesla/SolarCity merger over the phone. I was able to cast all of my shares in favor of the merger over he freaking phone in under 2 minutes and I didn't even have to do anything. Talk about efficient voting. Praise be Elon Musk.

WE HAVE A DOCUMENTED CASE OF VOTER FRAUD, HOLY SHIT, PEOPLE.

A Des Moines woman has been arrested on suspicion of voting twice this month in the general election, police and court records show.

Terri Lynn Rote, 55, was booked into the Polk County Jail about 3:40 p.m. Thursday on a first-degree election misconduct charge, which is a Class D felony.

Rote, a registered Republican, reportedly cast an early voting ballot at the Polk County Election Office, 120 Second Ave., and another ballot at a county satellite voting location in Des Moines, according to a Des Moines police report.

Rote was one of three voter fraud suspects reported to police Wednesday by the Polk County Auditor's Office.

It's the first time in 12 years that Polk County Auditor Jamie Fitzgerald can remember ever having to report potential voter fraud, he said Thursday morning.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...r-fraud-suspect-arrested-des-moines/92892042/

CROOKED HIL-

Cv4sv0MXEAA_zse.jpg

Oh.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
You'd think after all the hearings and investigations on, well, everything that Chaffetz would realise he isn't going to get his "Aha" moment.

Oh well. May as well try one more time.

So does liberalGAF really believe there is nothing to this and that this is some vast right wing conspiracy by James Comey?

Really?

If he was going to do that he wouldn't do it on a news dump Friday and he would have done it before early voting began. This is a giant echo chamber but I will admit this is entertaining although I still don't want Trump to win.

So does liberalGAF really believe there is nothing to this and that this is some vast right wing conspiracy by James Comey?

Really?

If he was going to do that he wouldn't do it on a news dump Friday and he would have done it before early voting began. This is a giant echo chamber but I will admit this is entertaining although I still don't want Trump to win.

The problem is that he gave what seems like a routine and completely vague update to Congress and we are running without knowing much of anything. Imagine if in a month they update again saying they looked into it and found nothing of importance. The election is over then.

Joeytj

Banned

Really?

No, he's just incompetent and probably a bit partisan, but I don't think it's some conspiracy.

A Republican definitely was the one that alerted the media to Comey's vague letter. You can tell most of the media didn't even read the letter before sending out their alerts and headlines.

KMS

Really?

He was only told by investigators about this yesterday. He pop this out within 24 hours of finding out. I still think he has tried to not be partisan but has failed spectacularly over and over again.

media would rake them for this. Backfire effect with moderates and ties the house to trump even more when comey tells them its nothing.
Are you kidding. It wont backfire. Media will treat another hearing as HILLARY CAMPAIGN IN DISARRAY crap. They love that shit.

Chaffetz is a master and knows what he's doing.

Really?

Of course there is nothing to this. There has been nothing to any of Hillary's various email scandals.

Chaffetz is a master and knows what he's doing.
A quote for the ages here.

shem935

Banned

Really?

No because there is no liberal gaf. There are individuals. If you asked me I would say that there is simultaneously nothing to this AND that James Comey was just doing his job as I argued earlier and was outlined in an earlier linked article. If you took the time to read you might have seen that though I do appreciate the broad brush.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Really?

It's not "liberalGAF," it's the actual facts.

Joeytj

Banned
A plane just caught fire at Chicago's O'Hare airport and there's video. No reports of anybody hurt, but the video is scary.

No talk of an attack or anything.

On this, the darkest of days, I received a call from a Tesla Motors rep asking if I wanted to cast my vote on the Tesla/SolarCity merger over the phone. I was able to cast all of my shares in favor of the merger over he freaking phone in under 2 minutes and I didn't even have to do anything. Talk about efficient voting. Praise be Elon Musk.
Just wait til it gets brigaded by an alt-right Russian botnet and Tesla ends up merging with Donald Trump. His next ribbon cutting will be on Mars.

Blader

Really?

No one's calling it a vast right wing conspiracy, just a vague and misleading letter that set imaginations on fire -- either intentionally so (which would be inappropriately partisan) or unintentionally (which would be rather careless of him).

shem935

Banned
A plane just caught fire at Chicago's O'Hare airport and there's video. No reports of anybody hurt, but the video is scary.

No talk of an attack or anything.

Mechanical failures happen. And if someone wanted to set in on fire, 20k ft is a better place to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom