• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
Weather update:
DCT_SPECIAL22_1280x720.jpg

Michigan is colored green here, but it's supposed to be just sprinkles and very short showers. This is turning out to be great voting weather; Mother Nature is making her stance clear.

---

Meanwhile..

@JasonInTheHouse:
FBI Dir just informed us "Based on our review, we have not changed our conclusions that we expressed in July with respect to Sec Clinton"

Mr.Mike

I'd imagine most finance types would value stability way more than the tax cuts. Also shitting on large portions of the population definitely isn't actually the best thing for the economy or productivity.

Weather update:

Michigan is colored green here, but it's supposed to be just sprinkles and very short showers. This is turning out to be great voting weather; Mother Nature is making her stance clear.

Anyone got data on the prevalence of Seasonal Affective Disorder in White East Texans? Maybe they'll be too depressed to vote?

@jasoninthehouse
FBI Dir just informed us "Based on our review, we have not changed our conclusions that we expressed in July with respect to Sec Clinton"

Wilsongt

I will be glad if I never hear from anyone associated with Trump ever again. We should make it a rule not to post anything dealing with Trump, Kellyanne, Corey, Alex Jones, Bannon, Pepe, the alt-right, etc, ever again in PoliGAF and instead focus on Congress and Hillary.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
RGB has hinted the only reason she hasn't retired was because BO couldn't get her successor past congress. I would expect her to retire soon into the next presidency.
She wanted to beat some record for time served last I heard.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'd imagine most finance types would value stability way more than the tax cuts. Also shitting on large portions of the population definitely isn't actually the best thing for the economy or productivity.

Here is my view:

1. Rich people already know how to dodge taxes and don't really need tax cuts
2. Stability and continuity (and therefore visibility) is key to putting forward and meeting guidance, the most important thing equity analysts care about
3. While corporates would love tax reform to allow them to access (read: distribute, honestly) their global cash, the interest rate environment allows them to lever and distribute anyway so NBD.

So basically you have one woman who will probably be annoying and one man who destroys the fundamental principle upon which the stock market and analysts work. Gee wonder how it works.

royalan

GREAT!!

NOW DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE ASS ON THE WAY OUT, COMEY.

ACTUALLY

DO

DO LET THE DOOR HIT YA ASS ON THE WAY OUT

tbm24

FBI really comes off a mess after all this. I do appreciate that Trump spent this time trying hard to make it out to be as massive as he claimed. The egg on his campaigns face is even larger.

It's so sad because NC is such a beautiful state.

The cities, the coastal plain, the mountain areas-everyone gets along with one another because politeness is in the DNA of the state but the divisions in the state are nothing short of dramatic. The only thing even remotely close that I've seen is the difference between commie King County and Eastern WA during that Rossi-Gregorie recount back in 04, but we here in NC jam that every two years

Kid Heart

@jasoninthehouse

Better late then never I guess. I hope the press actually pushes this into the spotlight on Monday.

theultimo

The cities, the coastal plain, the mountain areas-everyone gets along with one another because politeness is in the DNA of the state but the divisions in the state are nothing short of dramatic. The only thing even remotely close that I've seen is the difference between commie King County and Eastern WA during that Rossi-Gregorie recount back in 04, but we here in NC jam that every two years
Bless your heart.

Unfortunately it looks like black voters did not reach their registration. Close, but not 13%. That kinda sucks.

I think there's really one risk in both NC and FL...that the NPA/Unaffiliated vote is as much angry white people pretending to not be republicans as it is latinos.

its latinos and millennials according to polling I think

Hopfrog

This SHOULD be all over the cable shows, etc. today and tomorrow. They went all in when Comey and the rest literally knew NOTHING, they should at least give the courtesy of informing the country that it was all for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom