• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkryhewy

Still haven't seen "Roar" in PA. Still the old Trump quoting himself to death ad.

SEPTA and Union talking again. Another injunction hearing tomorrow if not resolved.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Unfortunately it looks like black voters did not reach their registration. Close, but not 13%. That kinda sucks.

I think there's really one risk in both NC and FL...that the NPA/Unaffiliated vote is as much angry white people pretending to not be republicans as it is latinos.

I prolly missed this Friday, but it's nice to see some local reporting on the phenomenon

Texas Latino turnout up sharply in early voting surge, analysis shows

New voters are driving the increase in Latino participation: 18.7 percent of ballots cast by voters with Hispanic surnames came from those with no electoral history in Texas; for non-Hispanics, only 12.8 percent came from new voters.

Latinos appear to have had a sharper increase in voter registrations between the two presidential elections: The number of voters with Spanish surnames in the selected counties increased by 18.8 percent between 2012 and 2016 for a total of 2.6 million voters; for non-Hispanics, registrations increased 11.5 percent to 7.9 million.

The article is sober, we shouldn't expect a win, unless Election Day is a total bust for the GOP, but this definately will send a cold shiver down the GOPs spine, and may lay the groundwork for an immigration deal in Clinton's second or third year, depending how the '18 Midterms shake-out.

Y2Kev

Still haven't seen "Roar" in PA. Still the old Trump quoting himself to death ad.

SEPTA and Union talking again. Another injunction hearing tomorrow if not resolved.

After a 2 ½-hour hearing, Philadelphia Common Pleas Judge Linda Carpenter denied SEPTA's request to force striking workers back on the job immediately.

“There’s enough evidence that an injunction might be appropriate. There’s not enough evidence that an injunction right now is necessary,” Carpenter said.

I think they're getting enjoined tomorrow.

Zukkoyaki

@ForecasterEnten Where's the proof that Trump is winning in Michigan? Closer, sure... but Trump is scurrying for EVs in states Clinton clearly leads.

And of course the daily reminder that Arizona and Georgia polls have been closer than Michigan polls

Unfortunately it looks like black voters did not reach their registration. Close, but not 13%. That kinda sucks.

I think there's really one risk in both NC and FL...that the NPA/Unaffiliated vote is as much angry white people pretending to not be republicans as it is latinos.

Black voters exceeded their 2012 number in raw votes.

Hispanics being up drastically is messing with the percentage.

White voters are only down slightly, but remember that women are up everywhere in the early vote. An increase in women even white women is bad for Trump.

I dont get the low propensity voters. Are they someone who wont make the cut in an LV screen?
Correct.

They would probably not pass a LV because they aren't considered very likely to vote. They haven't voted in 2012 or 2010 or 2008 (depending). The fact that we are turning them out and the GOP isn't is HUGE.

xeris

Have a small cold, but still went out canvassing here in Prince William County, VA. It went reasonably well, but I got WAY too many undecideds. What surprised me was most of them were African-Americans. Trying to not let that deflate my Hopeium.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I'm a touch worried about this as well. Guess we'll see.

Holmes

Wow, the early vote yesterday in Florida wasn't even 58% white, and it might be even lower today.

I think anything more diverse than 2012 is a plus for Clinton. I wonder what election day turnout will be. Is it usually more white?
It's hard to say. With the new VBM system, I'd be willing to bet a lot of the reliable GOP election day vote is voting by mail, and the actual election day vote won't be too bad for Clinton (or it may actually be good), considering she's winning the low-propensity vote comfortably, Hispanic turnout is surging and the African-American turnout % will probably reach 2012 levels or close to it, while white turnout % is lowering.

There is nothing in these FL numbers that is bad for us. We're going to end up with an electorate that is more diverse than 2012 but with turnout around 2008. This is literally the best case scenario for us!

Steve Schale ‏@steveschale 12m12 minutes ago Florida, USA
Percentage of FL Hispanic EV that is low propensity:

All: 55%
GOP: 37.4%
DEM: 59.2%
NPA: 66.4%

Good luck GOP.

HNGGGGGG

Wilsongt

Bill Mitchell ‏@mitchellvii 16m16 minutes ago

Now is your chance to be a part of history. God allowed you to be alive during this remarkable moment. Don't miss it. Go vote Trump.

"Enjoy this moment... as long as you're white."

Y2Kev

Good luck GOP.

HNGGGGGG

Um hello those are secret white Trumpkins. They didn't vote for Liberal Elite romney and Bomb Bomb Iran McCain (Who Cant Lift Up His Arms) so...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Hill said:
Donald Trump's press aides have revoked access to his Twitter account, a new report claims, as the GOP nominee tries to stay on message for the campaign's final stretch

Of course they did.

thebloo

Easy now--I just said why it was reasonable to say Trump had a chance, that's all. Nothing more. I think MI is going red in a decade or so, not now.

I know you've been using nuance, as well as some personal bias in regards to Michigan.

It's just that the weeks after that primary were horrible for someone that believes in numbers. People were ready to throw all polling out the window and a part of the media went along with it.

NeoXChaos

The Inauguration 2017 Thread is the last thread assignment I'm giving until 2018 midterms

Whoever wants it can fight it out among themselves and then tell me after Tuesday.

Good luck GOP.

HNGGGGGG

I lurve it!

Ask yourself a question: Do low-propensity Hispanic voters who are registered GOP get motivated, all of a sudden, to vote FOR or AGAINST Trump?

Obviously a large majority of those folks will vote the party line, but do you think that a not-insignificant minority of them are bothering to cast a ballot this year against the Orange Menace? I think so.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Wall Street is basically shitting itself that Trump wins. Not that Wall Street should be a barometer for morality, but they are a good measuring stick for stability.

Mr.Mike

There is going to be an obscene and massive wave of unfiltered racism on the Internet over the coming days, and maybe I should just unplug my router.

Angry white people are Republicans. If an angry white man did not wanted to be assoiciated with Trump, he would leave the party.

thebloo

Wall Street is basically shitting itself that Trump wins. Not that Wall Street should be a barometer for morality, but they are a good measuring stick for stability.

They are scared about a candidate that has no policies to hinder them. Think about it.

Plinko

I'm not sure what in the world Gregg/Bayh are doing in Indiana. I've seen about 50 Holcomb/Young commercials in the last 3 days and no commercials for the democrats.

Y2Kev

Well imagine you work primarily with healthcare companies. They've gotten the shit kicked out of them over the past year or so following Hillary's tweet on drug prices. And we still want her over Trump. lol :(

They are scared about a candidate that has no policies to hinder them. Think about it.

Well Free trade has been great for big businesses. Trump's anti trade talk probably scares them more than anything. Republicans will do an about face on trade as soon as Trump is gone.

Plinko

I know you've been using nuance, as well as some personal bias in regards to Michigan.

It's just that the weeks after that primary were horrible for someone that believes in numbers. People were ready to throw all polling out the window and a part of the media went along with it.

I understand.

I think it's the uncertainty. They have no fucking idea what he stands for, or what he'll try to push through.

They have no faith that the GOP would/could restrain his moment-to-moment urges.

When you're POTUS, saying stupid shit can tank markets in a single day before your, "What he really meant..." squad could clean-up the mess

Revolver

She whined and whined the whole way through. Are you kidding me

While Tapper pressed her in that interview, it pissed me off how he let her slide with complaining about people being mean to her on twitter while an unarmed protester was stomped down by a bunch of knuckle dragging red hats.

Y2Kev

The thing about HB2 I don't get is

If I am a man who is a sex pervert or whatever

Ok let's say I'm anthony weiner

And I want to go into the women's room

I CAN ALREADY DRESS UP AS A WOMAN

oh my god, this is the most disgusting political ad ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD1_NMMMsu4

Good thing it looks like Roy Cooper is going to win the NC gov, especially with the turnout we're seeing.

Good. The governor's party controls the board of elections, so the next two elections shouldn't see the kind of voter suppression we're seeing now. I want Hillary to win this state, but I'm more hoping that Cooper wins over McCrory more than ever.

BadRNG

What if the Minorities for Trump movement was super serial and the media really did hide it from us all?

I logically know we will win this but part of me still worried. Trump is too scary

Alex Jones has final thoughts on the election.

CwlieZrWIAA4BlG.jpg

A lot his "policies" work against their interests, despite the tax cuts. Of course quotation marks because they are shit and infeasible to implement.

Starting a nuclear war with China or turning America into Venezuela so that Trump can rob it are not helpful possibilities for Wall Street either.

The thing about HB2 I don't get is

If I am a man who is a sex pervert or whatever

Ok let's say I'm anthony weiner

And I want to go into the women's room

I CAN ALREADY DRESS UP AS A WOMAN
What's the saying?

There have been more Republican congressmen found to have committed abuse in bathrooms than transgender citizens in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom