• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kellyanne Conway did not have a meltdown on CNN judging by that video.

Dodged and deflected, sure, but nothing particularly noteworthy.

In fact - if there's anyone I'm impressed by in the Trump campaign, it's her.

She is able to spin the obscene into the (somewhat) palatable.
I see you, Kellyanne.

she is absolutely the worst. i cannot fucking stand her

bplewis24

Neo Member
If this was true then we wouldn't have won in 2012 and we wouldn't be winning this year.

What are you basing this on? This flies in the face of almost all information we have about national level demographics and electoral data. The GOP is going to continue having problems winning national elections, and this election is most likely just going to continue making that worse.

Nobody outside of NeoGAF thinks the FBI has done anything wrong.

There are lots of articles from mainstream sources detailing how badly the FBI has handled this, including bipartisan criticism from the senate.

Look, I get your point. You want to be careful about a candidate who is already considered "corrupt" by the opposition (and even some supporters) doing anything that may appear corrupt on its face. But that does not mean you sit by and do nothing when a government agency interferes with an election. How it happens is fluid. A lot of it will depend on whether Comey resigns or not (which I believe he will). That would allow Clinton to appoint somebody who can clean up shop themselves. All this really calls for is appropriate leadership and a culture change.

Remember, the FBI has had leadership/culture issues for a long while now. Anybody here seen The Newburgh Sting from HBO? The culture of the FBI wasn't the main focus of the documentary, but it does touch on it.

shiba5

The contrasts pervade his campaign. Aides to Mr. Trump have finally wrested away the Twitter account that he used to colorfully — and often counterproductively — savage his rivals. But offline, Mr. Trump still privately muses about all of the ways he will punish his enemies after Election Day, including a threat to fund a “super PAC” with vengeance as its core mission.

And at least 40% of the country thinks this guy should be given the nuke codes. He can't be trusted with a fucking Twitter account and wants to use the office of President for his own personal purge. This fucker.
The media should be all over this.

I am beginning to think that as Trump loses, any tweets he has pushing the "rigged" narrative will be overshadowed by him lashing out at women, Hispanics, and black folks.

It's still amusing to me that some people are freaking out that Trump is going into blue states like he has this amazing data driven operation. It'll be a couple more election cycles before I worry about WI, MI, or MN.

thebloo

Because polling was completely wrong in the primary.

Stahp. It's not at all comparable.

It's still amusing to me that some people are freaking out that Trump is going into blue states like he has this amazing data driven operation. It'll be a couple more election cycles before I worry about WI, MI, or MN.

Yup. I'll quote this again.

For 10 minutes, they clicked through the country, putting Democratic-leaning states won by Mr. Obama four years ago, like New Mexico and Colorado, into Mr. Trump’s column.

Their analysis seemed more atmospheric than scientific.

“You can go to Pennsylvania,” the campaign’s digital director, Brad Parscale, said, referring to a state that polls show favors Mrs. Clinton. “You can almost slice the excitement with a knife. You can feel it in the air there.”

And even as early-voting returns indicated a surge for Mrs. Clinton, they tried to reassure themselves, over and over, that nobody finishes stronger than Mr. Trump, comparing the wisdom of his political judgments to Babe Ruth pointing his bat to the stands to predict where he would hit a home run.

DrMungo

I saw some nervous posts about the faithless electors. I think they formally meet in December after the election so if it's a close race I don't think it's enough to throw the election. And there's time to get proper electors as well I would think

Diablos

I think cleaning house in the FBI would be best done in Obama's lame duck period, getting rid of everyone who leaked everything. It helps a little with the "optics," as much as it matters, and it's not like Obama is gonna be able to do much else during that period beside maybe push TPP through.

She whined and whined the whole way through. Are you kidding me

Ok I missed this. Fucking millenial piece of shit goes off script and bashes Clinton at her own rally in Iowa.

Good god. They see Trump winning their own state and yet TEE PEE PEE LESSER OF TWO EVULZ

GET FUCKED IOWA have fun with your voting record

Let Ryan kill the Ethenol Subsidies. Do it and laugh while he signs it.

Pro Tip, young Iowans: The Revolution ain't starting in your corn fields. You'll be lucky to keep ADM and Monsanto from electing all your Federal legislators, so clean your fucking house before you've got the population of Wyoming. FFS

Hazmat

Nobody outside of NeoGAF thinks the FBI has done anything wrong. There is absolutely no way for a President Clinton to not look incredibly corrupt while cleaning house at the FBI

Elected officials from both sides of the aisle (former Bush Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, Republican Senator Chuck Grassley, Democratic Senator Harry Reid) say that what Comey did was not right. If it's just GAF and these three guys then that's a remarkable coincidence.

Diablos

I saw some nervous posts about the faithless electors. I think they formally meet in December after the election so if it's a close race I don't think it's enough to throw the election. And there's time to get proper electors as well I would think
Where did you see these

Hillary's streams crossed in Reuters / IPSOS

CwmfYZ6VEAAmd7p.jpg:large

Totally say someone has a chance? Sure it is. To guarantee a win? No.

It's meaningless. The circumstances aren't even comparable as Michigan hasn't had a contested Democratic primary in decades. There's no correlation between the primary result and what will happen on Tuesday.

Pyrokai

Omg so much fucking red in the models.

I won't be happy if we don't have NC, FL, and NV. The icing on the cake would be OH as well.

I also am so terrified of the Senate. Why did this go south for basically the first time right before the election?!

#bedwetting

I also am so terrified of the Senate. Why did this go south for basically the first time right before the election?!

Almost all the drift in the last two weeks in the overall Senate outlook (that's been negative-Hassan, CCM, and McGinty are pulling away ever so slightly) is due to Bayh's campaign.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Stahp. It's not at all comparable.

Yup. I'll quote this again.

There hadn't been a competitive primary in Michigan since 1992! So there was no way to model turnout or anything like that. Stop fucking that chicken.

Easy now--I just said why it was reasonable to say Trump had a chance, that's all. Nothing more. I think MI is going red in a decade or so, not now.

I can't wait for Hillary to overperform 2012 in key "blue wall" states (and Florida, NC) so we can laugh at how dumb the talk of the wall crumbling was.

I won't be happy if we don't have NC, FL, and NV. The icing on the cake would be OH as well.

#bedwetting
Here's your new pull-up
Sahil Kapur ‏@sahilkapur 1m1 minute ago

NV early vote: Dems up by 73,000 (it was 71,000 in ‘12, Obama won by 7). @RalstonReports predicts Clinton wins by 6.

HylianTom

Banned

#bedwetting

ElectionEveSenateMap2016.png

This is about where I have the Senate right now. If we win any one of the 5 tan states, we have the Senate through at least January 2018.

That'd be one year to confirm everyone possible. We'll probably have to leave a horse head in RBG's bed if she continues on with her "I'm not going anywhere" schtick.

Our chances are pretty good.

syllogism

Steve Schale ‏@steveschale 5m5 minutes ago Florida, USA
Some Saturday EV demos:
Just Sat voters:

57.2% white
18.8% Hispanic
16.5% Black

Steve Schale ‏@steveschale 4m4 minutes ago Florida, USA
All FL voters so far:
66.8% white
14.9% Hispanic
12.7% black

FL electorate is more diverse than 2012

Steve Schale ‏@steveschale 3m
Low propensity EV voters:
36.8% of all Dems
29.5% of GOP
54.0% of NPA

Dems have roughly 187k advantage with low propensity
Florida keeps improving

NeoXChaos

any chance RBG and Bryer retires next year or in 2018? Both of them know looking at Scalia how bad things will get if they leave during a R controlled Senate. I hope they are smart to leave in the next 2 years.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think anything more diverse than 2012 is a plus for Clinton. I wonder what election day turnout will be. Is it usually more white?

Then again if 70% of the population has already voted it can't move that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom