• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what?

This is not some small thing here this is a huge deal .

Its like they cant win, they either do too little or too much.

The only huge deal is he announced they're looking into Weiner's laptop and checking the emails, AKA they're investigating a new lead. It could be nothing or it could be something and he should've waited for something concrete, leaks or no leaks.

Reid saying "well you're quiet about Russia, I wonder why" is ridiculous coming from a Senator knowing full well that the FBI doesn't comment on ongoing investigations. Does he ask the same thing from the DNI, the CIA or NSA?

If Comey is in the wrong for politicizing the FBI, Reid certainly isn't helping the impartiality of the DOJ and FBI by throwing the FBI Director under the bus so quickly. Will his Democratic Senators agree with him? I find that hard to believe.

I honestly expect them to be more moderate in their public positions.

It's also pretty obvious Reid is doing this to make the headlines about him and Comey and not Hillary.

That's an extremely serious claim, though. So it is either rooted in truth or Reid wants his career destroyed. Is he done with politics? If so, I guess he may not care as much, but otherwise...

I just met this older Indonesian woman who's a Trump supporter. She was spewing the same shit all Trump supporters do. The crooked Hillary stuff, the draining of the swamp, everything. She doesn't care that Trump is a fucking fraud or a sexual predator. She's all in.

Debirudog

Reid saying "well you're quiet about Russia, I wonder why" is ridiculous coming from a Senator knowing full well that the FBI doesn't comment on ongoing investigations. Does he ask the same thing from the DNI, the CIA or NSA?

Then Comey shouldn't have written this letter to begin with.

Cepheus

Presented w/o context
upJE06Vh.jpg

hJt4nxx.jpg

Most furries aren't straight. I don't even know what this guy is doing there.

If the FBI actually has knowledge about links between Trump and Russia and haven't disclosed it after what Comey did Friday, that would be humongous.

If the FBI doesn't comment on ongoing investigations, than what the hell was Comey doing sending that letter Friday without even having any a freaking warrant to look at the evidence.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I dont understand why the democrats arent allowed to defend themselves in the slightest.

Because they are ahead despite what everyone thinks around here. Clinton was already defending herself, she didn't need Reid to pile on the way he did.

Reid doing that only has downsides and no upsides at this point. It only keeps emails in the spotlight.

PS what is this about the FBI and Russia?

nevermind, I just read the letter

The Reid letter feels dangerous. This whole story was on its way out. There were no more facts and nothing left to even speculate on. Reid's letter keeps it all going.

The Reid letter feels dangerous. This whole story was on its way out. There were no more facts and nothing left to even speculate on. Reid's letter keeps it all going.

This story wasn't on it's way out unless something else came up. The only reason it's been somewhat quiet is because it is the weekend. It was going to be the main news this week. You don't want a week before the election dominated by news of the Clinton being investigated with no conclusion in sight.

labx

Banned
I think USA citizens are a little bit confident about Hillary. I wish that she wins buy, the more and more things like these pop in my twitter

A history professor who has accurately predicted three decades of US presidential races is calling a Trump win

British polling experts who didn’t see Brexit coming on why the US should be prepared for a similar upset

It’s a one-point race: Trump closes in on Clinton in a new Washington Post-ABC News poll

Sorry if I'm pooping the party but I come from the Country that voted NO to end a war of +50 years. So, yes I'm worry for the world, the collapse of the dollar, nuclear deterrence, etc.

royalan

Then Comey shouldn't have written this letter to begin with.

Fucking exactly.

It's one of the many, many, many things about this fiasco that prove Comey was acting in a partisan fashion.

Reid is completely in the right to point out that it's fishy that Comey finds it ok to stay quiet on the FBI investigation into Trump's ties to Russia...yet apparently Congress needs an update every time someone connected to the Clinton campaign even says the word email.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I think USA citizens are a little bit confident about Hillary. I wish that she wins buy, the more and more things like these pop in my twitter

A history professor who has accurately predicted three decades of US presidential races is calling a Trump win

British polling experts who didn’t see Brexit coming on why the US should be prepared for a similar upset

It’s a one-point race: Trump closes in on Clinton in a new Washington Post-ABC News poll

Sorry if I'm pooping the party but I come from the Country that voted NO to end a war of +50 years. So, yes I'm worry for the world, the collapse of the dollar, nuclear deterrence, etc.

You can make anything seem uncertain if you cherry pick news and data.

Ecotic

Reid is someone who will do anything for victory, no matter how dirty, and regardless of whether it's ultimately true or not. I am really going to miss him. He was a cynical and pessimistic back-alley brawler, but at times you need someone like that.

Debirudog

Trademark bedwetting.

ampere

Then why is the FBI commenting on the ongoing investigation related to Clinton? And why did they hold a press conference about their findings this summer? Supposed to just talk to the AG's office and not publicize things

Boke1879

Because they are ahead despite what everyone thinks around here. Clinton was already defending herself, she didn't need Reid to pile on the way he did.

Reid doing that only has downsides and no upsides at this point. It only keeps emails in the spotlight.

Honestly who gives a damn what Reid does. He's acting on his own. GWB's ethics lawyer sent something asking to review Comey if he did violate it.

I'm sorry, but Comey fucked up and this is the result. Had he been more specific all of this likely doesn't happen. All Hillary needs to do is say is release everything and talk about how unprecedented this is.

Chumly

Have you looked at the news at all today? It's absolutely not on its way out. I watched multiple republican surrogates on the news today openly admit they are going to pound these emails every single hour until the last poll is closed.

The reality is that nobody knows how this will shake out. I don't think predicting one way or the other makes you right or wrong. People saying it's nothing that will change anything are half-hoping and half-guessing.

Chumley

Banned
I know that Reid has bullshitted in the past but this feels like too big a bomb for him to drop without actually knowing some shit to back it up.

Honestly who gives a damn what Reid does. He's acting on his own. GWB's ethics lawyer sent something asking to review Comey if he did violate it.

I'm sorry, but Comey fucked up and this is the result. Had he been more specific all of this likely doesn't happen. All Hillary needs to do is say is release everything and talk about how unprecedented this is.

And Hillary already did that to boot.

Reid is someone who will do anything for victory, no matter how dirty, and regardless of whether it's ultimately true or not. I am really going to miss him. He was a cynical and pessimistic back-alley brawler, but at times you need someone like that.

He's our asshole. The human manifestation of Vegas.

Debirudog

Well, my intention is not to cherry pick anything, I'm only a little bit preoccupied with the future of the human race.

I do not understand the reference, can you explain me?

this place has been prone to bedwet aka panic every once and while so it's not like everyone is being complacent.

The reality is that nobody knows how this will shake out. I don't think predicting one way or the other makes you right or wrong. People saying it's nothing that will change anything are half-hoping and half-guessing.

So people who are saying everything will change are half-bedwetting and half-guessing.

1.) is bullshit, flat out. there are always dozens of these people using arcane methods to "predict" a presidential race. Not even worth the time to click on it.

2.) The situation is nothing like brexit. Brexit polling was tied or within the margin of error. Hillary is currently about 7 points ahead in the aggregate and has NEVER polled behind Trump. not once.

3.) It's already been discussed that ABC's tracker is very noisy, and the methodology used to produce the poll was changed in the middle of the week, so comparing the +14 to the 1 point lead this week is nonsense. No other poll is showing anywhere close to this kind of movement. it takes catastrophic news to move legitimate polls this badly- and there was nothing at all this week.

I hope a Hillary win will put the Brexit comparisons to bed permanently. Or will it keep popping up as an argument against mathematical evidence until the end of time?

Have you looked at the news at all today? It's absolutely not on its way out. I watched multiple republican surrogates on the news today openly admit they are going to pound these emails every single hour until the last poll is closed.

They can try, but without new information all they could do is repeat themselves and that makes bad TV. The networks wouldn't have stuck with it.

labx

Banned
It's not bedwetting, he's just not an American and doesn't know the system.

In fact I'm an American, South America, Colombia. I'm not from USA, so can you explain me your system?

edit:

1.) is bullshit, flat out. there are always dozens of these people using arcane methods to "predict" a presidential race. Not even worth the time to click on it.

2.) The situation is nothing like brexit. Brexit polling was tied or within the margin of error. Hillary is currently about 7 points ahead in the aggregate and has NEVER polled behind Trump. not once.

3.) It's already been discussed that ABC's tracker is very noisy, and the methodology used to produce the poll was changed in the middle of the week, so comparing the +14 to the 1 point lead this week is nonsense. No other poll is showing anywhere close to this kind of movement. it takes catastrophic news to move legitimate polls this badly- and there was nothing at all this week.

Thanks, I did not know the ABC methodology

I hope a Hillary win will put the Brexit comparisons to bed permanently. Or will it keep popping up as an argument against mathematical evidence until the end of time?

What I don't get is that the Breixit polling showed things pretty close throughout. This race hasn't really been that close outside of right before both conventions.

Pundits in the UK seemed to have chosen to ignore that closeness.

royalan

YES GAWD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom