• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT16| Unpresidented

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funniest part of this is that's all he's ever really wanted. Everything he's ever done has been an attempt to be accepted by the upper crust elites in Manhattan and none of it has ever worked. It'd be sad if it didn't result in our current predicament.

I know. All he's ever wanted was for Manhattan to love him and they never will.

Toxi

Banned
Iowa's considered lost because all the young people moved to cities right? Before 2014 it was supposed to have a D-lean.
Chuck Grassley's been a Senator since 1981. The state went for Bush in the 2004 Presidential Election. The state has alternated between Democrat and Republican governors with the current Republican governor getting in office in 2010.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
@JoeNBC:
Sources tell me Donald Trump is now considering Governor Nikki Haley for Secretary of State.

What the fuck is even happening right now? Did Giuliani back out?

I know. All he's ever wanted was for Manhattan to love him and they never will.

A better man would learn to deal with it, to move past it, but not Trump. He is going to wind up giving us so much money for stuff over the next four years if we play this right.

I'm not really sure there's anyone willing to work under Trump that is.

We need people in these positions. Trump is going to be President and there is nothing we can do about it. Some people are going to have to put whatever fears they have of damaging their brand by working with Trump and fill these positions just so we can make it through these next 4 years.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
At this rate, maybe Kerry shouldn't be so quick to pack up his things. Might be in this for the long haul.

He's busy breaking out of a Russian prison camp.

700.jpg

NERCHINSK, RUSSIA—Quickly unlocking one cell door after another as he shuffled down the dimly lit hallway in his tattered prison-issued jumpsuit, a gaunt, weathered Secretary of State John Kerry led an inmate uprising Tuesday in a remote Siberian labor camp, sources confirmed. “Comrades, the time has come to fight back,” Kerry reportedly said in fluent Russian through coughing fits as the political prisoners he had lived among for the past several years began to execute the escape plan they devised over countless clandestine meetings in the mess hall. “Quickly, grab what you need from the armory and make your way to the guard stations. We take back our freedom tonight!” Sources confirmed that moments after cutting through the prison’s barbed-wire perimeter fencing, Kerry embraced his longtime Kazakh cellmate and gifted him his old tin pocket watch before they sprinted off in separate directions into the snowy Siberian wilderness.

If Nikki Haley gets offered the job she takes it no question.

Governor, Secretary of State, she will be in a very good position to run on her own in the near future. I don't believe people will hold her to whatever nonsense Trump pulls either. Someone has to do this.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If Nikki Haley gets offered the job she takes it no question.

Governor, Secretary of State, she will be in a very good position to run on her own in the near future. I don't believe people will hold her to whatever nonsense Trump pulls either. Someone has to do this.

If Trump goes to war she'd be in a horrible position to run in the future though. If he's just a total dick she'll be fine.

I... I'm okay w/ Haley.

Its bad, but not catastrophic. Kinda rooting for that tbh.

I think I might cry if she gets it.

Part of me was trying to bargain accepting Giuliani as SoS.

Like seriously, she isn't going to worm tongue Trump and get him to assassinate the President of Chile or something.

Goodstyle

She said she woke up giddy after the Trump win, this could be why. But somehow, I don't see Trump giving her the position willingly. He likes to appoint friends and loyalists, not women he knows nothing about.

If Trump goes to war she'd be in a horrible position to run in the future though. If he's just a total dick she'll be fine.

I could almost guarantee the other names that have been mentioned would have done whatever they could to drag us into some sort of conflict. Nikki has every reason to try and be a peacekeeper here. I hope. Pray. Please god.

studyguy

So is the Bob Corker dream dead in the water now or what? I thought he was still in the running for SoC.
I just want some fucking sane RNC people fam.

Goodstyle

How much do we really know about Haley? She could be just as crazy as the others, but hiding it until now. Someone who says they're "giddy" to work under Trump seems... questionable to me. There's just something about that word that's bothering me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I could almost guarantee the other names that have been mentioned would have done whatever they could to drag us into some sort of conflict. Nikki has every reason to try and be a peacekeeper here. I hope. Pray. Please god.

When does Trump ever listen to anyone?

He is putting out names because he has nobody. The constant stream of names being announced should indicate that they are just looking for anyone to take the jobs and they have no one to do it in their team.

If they still don't have anyone or a few people to appoint. They either might just leave some of Obama's people or suggest Democrats.

I would have expected Haley to get the nod for SoS had we been looking at President Romney or John Kasich right now.

My confidence levels of the Republic not melting into nothingness increases 400 times if we get more people like her actually filling spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom