• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT16| Unpresidented

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh*

I'm going to be lazy and just steal one of the comments from the link:
I imagine 7 out of ten states with republican controlled government since 2010 lagging behind the country's average for employment growth would be a noteworthy enough conclusion, but your points about a multitude of causes and effects are noted

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Man, I just realized I didn't tell y'all the good news.

2016 may have been a shit year, but for me, it ended in one very positive way, at least. I got a job at a major liberal network (which I will leave undisclosed for the time being).

I'm in the big leagues now, boys. :D

sphagnum

Banned

2016 may have been a shit year, but for me, it ended in one very positive way, at least. I got a job at a major liberal network (which I will leave undisclosed for the time being).

Time to seed that communist propaganda.

Tell Cenk said hi!

If you want to ignore absolutely everything else Russia did to meddle with our presidential election, sure. Yup.
It shouldn't have taken fucking with our election and the Kremlin handing the US government over to a puppet in order for the current administration to start acknowledging their fuckery

It isn't ridiculous to say "appeasement of Putin" is a continuation of policy rather than some drastic turn. We've been seeing this already. Trump is far more and ridiculously problematic..to put it lightly. Like who the fuck knows what he'll allow to happen. But I can imagine had the same things that happened under obama happened under Trump people would have taken the situations in Crimea and Syria far more seriously rather than hand waving them away

It shouldn't have taken fucking with our election and the Kremlin handing the US government over to a puppet in order for the current administration to start acknowledging their fuckery

It isn't ridiculous to say "appeasement of Putin" is a continuation of policy rather than some drastic turn. We've been seeing this already. Trump is far more and ridiculously problematic..to put it lightly. Like who the fuck knows what he'll allow to happen. But I can imagine had the same things that happened under obama happened under Trump people would have taken the situations in Crimea and Syria far more seriously rather than hand waving them away

On what planet do you spend most of your time on?

Planet hyperbole

But seriously Russia fucked with our election because we had shown our cards that even in the event that they did we wouldn't do anything about it. So what was there to lose. What was the downside of attempting it from their perspective?

Maybe you forgot about when we destroyed their economy and kicked them out of G8.

I didn't know that the US controlled Opec.
They don't, but the US and the West control the sanctions that prevent foreign capital from flowing into the country and allowing the Russian economy to adapt to its situation more effectively. The sanctions compound the problem and prevent recovery.

Maybe you forgot about when we destroyed their economy and kicked them out of G8.
We were soft on Russia under Obama's entire Presidency and Obama handing Syria over to Russia and allowing him to exacerbate the conflict, leading to the worst human displacement crisis since world war 2, in no small part aided in helping white nationalists gain victory after victory all over the western world.

How disasterous not pushing harder and allowing Putin and Russia to prop up their puppets and expand their sphere of influence whilst shrinking ours cant be understated really.

AndyD

aka andydumi
We were soft on Russia under Obama's entire Presidency and Obama handing Syria over to Russia and allowing him to exacerbate the conflict, leading to the worst human displacement crisis since world war 2, in no small part aided in helping white nationalists gain victory after victory all over the western world.

How disasterous not pushing harder and allowing Putin and Russia to prop up their puppets and expand their sphere of influence whilst shrinking ours cant be understated really.

That and failed to push back strongly on Crimea and Ukraine incursions. In all fairness though, without Congress, the President can only do so much since most of the actions are still based on the now antique 9/11 Iraq/Afghanistan authorization. Taking on Russia is not really even within sight of that document.

We were soft on Russia under Obama's entire Presidency
So the entirety of Obama's second term doesn't count?
and Obama handing Syria over to Russia
Oh, is that what that security council vote was for?
and allowing him to exacerbate the conflict
Our arms programs didn't also exacerbate the crisis? Or pulling out of Iraq without a residual force? Besides, being tough on Bashar has nothing to do with being tough on Russia.
leading to the worst human displacement crisis since world war 2, in no small part aided in helping white nationalists gain victory after victory all over the western world.
Libyans were washing up on Mediterranean coasts long before any Syrians did. I don't disagree that it was a factor but if you're going to use a pink highlighter and draw a curvy line from the first black president to white nationalism on a continent that literally invented white nationalism, I am disembarking from this crazy train posthaste.

pigeon

Banned
This stuff is all crazy, we literally destroyed the Russian economy in response to Crimea

Like I'm totally pro more aggressive action against Russia but we already put them in a severe state of diplomatic and economic isolation over Crimea, did you want to go to war over it

I'm willing to hear that argument but it doesn't seem to be being made

I think that a critique of Obama's Russia policy should focus on this year, where we knew they were interfering in our election and kind of just sat around instead of acting immediately, but that also ties into the GOP casting it in a partisan light

mo60

A part of me wishes dimitri medvedev was still the russian president. Maybe the US's relationship with russia would have been stronger if he was still the president of Russia. The US was soft with Russia because putin was not the president for a part of Obama's presidency.

Sibylus

Banned
A part of me wishes dimitri medvedev was still the russian president. Maybe the US's relationship with russia would have been stronger if he was still the president of Russia. The US was soft with Russia because putin was not the president for a part of Obama's presidency.

Putin is more charitable when he's playing with his finger puppets?

Finalizer

This is good right? Was it the laws that restricted the next gov?

From what I'm seeing, it's just the law pertaining to Cooper's power over the election board. Don't see anything about all the other power that was stripped from him, but given the elections do-over coming up in NC next year, this could prove vitally important nonetheless.

Maybe it's Ted Cruz

I've seen his name pop up a few times in regards to the SC pick, but I've got a strong feeling he's being played up only to get, ahem, cucked in the end ala Romney.

C0-FNJmXgAACt5c.jpg

Ohio thought a lot about 3-1 leads this year for some reason.

This stuff is all crazy, we literally destroyed the Russian economy in response to Crimea

Like I'm totally pro more aggressive action against Russia but we already put them in a severe state of diplomatic and economic isolation over Crimea, did you want to go to war over it

I'm willing to hear that argument but it doesn't seem to be being made

I think that a critique of Obama's Russia policy should focus on this year, where we knew they were interfering in our election and kind of just sat around instead of acting immediately, but that also ties into the GOP casting it in a partisan light

I still believe Hillary was right that a no fly zone was the solution and correct approach towards Syria; it would have created a safe zone and given us leverage to force Assad out

I believe we backed down from implementing one out of fear of stepping on Putin's toes. Or "well what if Russia just flat out ignores our no fly zone?" ..Nothing else makes sense to me considering how differently we approached Lybia despite Syria being a more urgent situation that needed to be addressed. That's generally where my frustration in this regard stems from

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Lmao at that map Prince next to Reince. Don't even deserve to be on the same planet.

honorary mention "3-1"

chadskin

You mean the whistleblowing that Wikileaks DIDN'T approve of for.........certain reasons.......

They didn't just not approve of them, they actively tried to undermine their publication, claiming this was somehow a 'US-sponsored'/'US-led' leak when actually two German journalists received the initial dump of documents who then shared them with 150+ journalists all over the world, including in Panama, Russia and other countries.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It's because the bullshit right wing media is framing it with headlines like "California Legalizes Child Prostitution".
Yup. NBC News ended up with this headline on their front page: "No, California Did Not Legalize Child Prostitution." The formal article title is "New California Law Does Not Legalize Child Prostitution."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom