• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up.

Not a dream? She really won by nearly 50 points yesterday?

Cool.

Berniestan friend assures me that it's just because we're a red state.

This is the real life,
It's not just fantasy.
He got caught in a landslide
No escape from the Primary....

My favorite current meme is that only states that vote for Democrats or are swing states should get an actual primary. Everyone else should get a non-binding straw poll.

CCS

Banned
This is the real life,
It's not just fantasy.

My favorite current meme is that only states that vote for Democrats or are swing states should get an actual primary. Everyone else should get a non-binding straw poll.

Today in "people who haven't understood why parties do primaries in the first place"... :p

I'm now convinced that Rubio looks at his phone acting like he's look at Trump's tweets, but it's actually the insults that his staff wrote for him against Donald.

Kangi

This is the real life,
It's not just fantasy.

Yep, saw that in the OT last night from someone trying to convince everyone that Bernie's only lost three red states. Really wonder when Nevada and Iowa turned red compared to New Hampshire.

Let's say that hypothetically Cruz wins Texas with idk, 40% of the vote statewide and wins every CD.

That gives him 72+19=91 delegates, have fun Rubio!

While I'd love to see a complete Trump sweep Tuesday, I think the best scenario is Sam Wang's prediction: Trump with a massive lead, Cruz wins Texas and comes into a solid second place, and Rubio stalls in third. I'd love to hear the rationalizing from the establishment in that scenario.

my sentiments exactly.

Maledict

This is the real life,
It's not just fantasy.

God damn it you post too much. I've just wasted 5 minutes searching for your post where you declared you'd walk nude across Arizona if Hilary won by 40 points in South Carolina... :)

Holmes

People brushing off this loss by saying "it's a red state anyway" are showing their ignorance when it comes to the primary process.

God damn it you post too much. I've just wasted 5 minutes searching for your post where you declared you'd walk nude across Arizona if Hilary won by 40 points in South Carolina... :)
Adam is the top poster... By FAR for this thread.

This thread is basically South Carolina except Adam isn't choking like Klempson..

Holy shit I did say that.

Hahahaha. I totally forgot.

I'll do it after the ceremonial circle jerk on Tuesday. I don't want sand in my no-no places.

Holmes

There are no red states in a primary. Probably the same people who think general election polls matter right now.
Mhmm. It's a national Democratic primary. All states are Democratic states because it's only Democrats and (sometimes/usually) Democratic-leaning Independents voting. Same on the Republican side.

Kangi

I recall some folks talking about how if Bernie kept the margin below 25 points, it'd be a moral victory.

So. Did he win a moral victory for, uh... not losing by 100 points? What color participation ribbon does he get this time?

Sorry, I'm into the "yukking it up" phase.

What are the drawbacks that we don't already have in america? Rationing? We probably ration more than them.

the concept of co-pays being chief among them, in terms of things his plan's unrealistic budgeting will apparently eliminate (because even if they're tiny in other single-payer systems, they're at least still there to rein in usage somewhat along w/ rationing)

the concept of co-pays being chief among them, in terms of things his plan's unrealistic budgeting will apparently eliminate (because even if they're tiny in other single-payer systems, they're at least still there to rein in usage somewhat along w/ rationing)

Aren't we also going to save like 3x more than we spend on things like plastic surgery and prescription drugs?

watershed

Banned
I think Rubio is holding out hope that the establishment GOP will save him. Literally, I think he believes that the party leaders will not tolerate Trump being their nominee and will intervene in some way in his favor. I don't see how that happens, especially if Trump can manage to take Florida.

Co-pays are purely psychological in that case, and more use isn't necessarily bad (i would take 10 30 dollar check ups over 1 stent placement or something). The plan is definitely imperfect but its much more realistic than the oft-quoted thorpe analysis makes it seem.

The thorpe analysis tried to scale up the vermont "single payer" scheme to the whole nation and then wonders why the costs are so high... Yea bernie's plan had some dumb values but is at least plausible-ish whereas thorpe's analysis is rather deceiving unless you really poor through his assumptions that he barely backs up.

Kyosaiga

Banned
“So I think we do have a path to victory,” he told "Face The Nation" host John Dickerson. “Now I won't tell you that we didn't get beaten and beaten very badly yesterday in South Carolina. I congratulate Secretary Clinton on her victory. But John, I think for us that is about as bad as it's going to get.”

Oh, Bernie.

You poor delusional fool.

I think Rubio is holding out hope that the establishment GOP will save him. Literally, I think he believes that the party leaders will not tolerate Trump being their nominee and will intervene in some way in his favor. I don't see how that happens, especially if Trump can manage to take Florida.
In his defense.. If the leadership decides to fuck over Trump, He might still be the best of the options unless they suck it up which part of me thinks they will not.

Carson- yeah, no
Kasich- Maybe?
Cruz- God, I wish just so he would be humiliated.

Unless they wanna drag the big fat mess off the bench. Rubio is it.

Armaros

Oh, Bernie.

This after acknowledging elsewhere that he isn't spending a dime in ads in other southern states. And no comparable ground game to SC, much that it was.

Edit: how many delegates does Hillary get in a 75-25 victory in Texas?

CCS

Banned
Oh, Bernie.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Agreed. It probably is his only shot right now.

It didn't get much play the other day, but I found Reince Priebus's statement that the GOP was "the most diverse party" because of their candidates was absolutely hilarious.

"Hey--in this sample of 5 people compared to that sample of 2 democrats, we are CLEARLY the more diverse party!"

People brushing off this loss by saying "it's a red state anyway" are showing their ignorance when it comes to the primary process.

Democrats in Red States tend to pick a candidate on "Electiability" and "Winability" because they dread the possibility of ending up with a Republican President while they live a Red State

Teggy

LOL, Trump posted his clip from the other day where he supposedly disavowed David Duke. The half-assed response where he hardly even seemed like he was paying attention.

She's not really a hawk. She opposes any action in Syria.

I see it as a way for her to position herself with the youth wing of the party if she were to run for higher office.

Smart move. Hop on just when Sander's campaign is sputtering so you can get his base down the line. It's actually quite brilliant. Gonna be hard to spin the gay history away though, and clearly it's not enough to stem the bleeding. Still, good on her.

To be fair, Bernie had no one else, really. He needed surrogates. If he actually had surrogates with a strong voice, we wouldn't have seen Killer Mike given such a prominent role in the campaign. He has an amazing ally in Nina Turner, but she cannot be everywhere at once. I just don't think Bernie had the luxury of turning down anyone who might turn out a voter or two. I think it was a bad miscalculation, but, what do I know.
I still don't understand Nina Turner. Who is she supposed to sell? She's a state senator.

Iolo

This after acknowledging elsewhere that he isn't spending a dime in ads in other southern states. And no comparable ground game to SC, much that it was.

Edit: how many delegates does Hillary get in a 75-25 victory in Texas?

edit: misread state.

Smart move. Hop on just when Sander's campaign is sputtering so you can get his base down the line. It's actually quite brilliant. Gonna be hard to spin the gay history away though, and clearly it's not enough to stem the bleeding. Still, good on her.
It's weird though she's not in the progressive caucus and I don't really know where she goes from here. Hawaiis Senate seats are locked up and I know nothing of their gov and she's stuck in Ryans house.

I still don't understand Nina Turner. Who is she supposed to sell? She's a state senator.

I mean, I like her, but again she's regional for me. She's a woman of color. I think, though, her reasons for supporting Bernie are a bit more self-serving. In the Clinton camp, she's one of many. In Bernie's, she can eek out a voice and a role for her future. I'm not saying she's opportunistic, because I do believe that she agrees with Bernie on the issues. (I think she agrees with Hillary too because there is so little daylight between them.)

I don't know what needle she's really supposed to move, but I think she's an effective surrogate as opposed to someone like Killer Mike who can put his foot in it.

It's weird though she's not in the progressive caucus and I don't really know where she goes from here. Hawaiis Senate seats are locked up and I know nothing of their gov and she's suck on Ryans house.

VP or gov run, cabinet position, just general positioning to appeal to a base and raise her profile down the line.

I mean, I like her, but again she's regional for me. She's a woman of color. I think, though, her reasons for supporting Bernie are a bit more self-serving. In the Clinton camp, she's one of many. In Bernie's, she can eek out a voice and a role for her future. I'm not saying she's opportunistic, because I do believe that she agrees with Bernie on the issues. (I think she agrees with Hillary too because there is so little daylight between them.)

I don't know what needle she's really supposed to move, but I think she's an effective surrogate as opposed to someone like Killer Mike who can put his foot in it.
I get that. I've just always been confused by Sanders supporters not from Ohio throwing her name around like I'm supposed to know who she is or they know who she is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom