• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many of Trump supporters actually know who Mussolini was.

I mean, I think there are Trump supporters who aren't entirely sure who or what Trump is....so....I'm guessing the numbers of Trump supporters who think Mussolini isn't a type of pasta is pretty low.

Teggy

True, but there's nothing he could say that would satisfy anyone.

If he had said, "I unequivocally reject David Duke, end of story," which is about the same amount of words, and then not acted like an idiot this morning saying he had to look up who David Duke and the KKK were, this wouldn't have even been a story. Heck, if all he'd done was give a half coherent answer this morning it wouldn't have been a story. So I'd say you're wrong there.

Grief.exe

It's also a closed caucus with a big latino population, which hurts him.

That's a fair point.

It's strange, because Colorado has one of the best voting systems in the country (mail in ballots, no voter ID laws, online registration, etc). We back that up with a closed system that requires registration months in advance on top of a caucus which further suppresses the vote.

I wonder how many of Trump supporters actually know who Mussolini was.

Effectively zero.

I feel you. I sent her $50 last night, and I'm sending $47.50 next week, but then I'm done for a while. With me being out of work, I can't keep throwing money at her. I wanted to max out but it's not going to happen.

I'm fairly conservative in terms of investments/savings, but you've done enough.

This is a candidate that is well vested in terms of large corporate contributions, save that money for yourself.

FiggyCal

Banned
Apparently, the majority of SC voters had already made up their minds a month before voting. This doesn't look good for Bernie then for closed caucuses right? Unless SC is special in this regard.

FiggyCal

Banned
Hillary doesn't need your money, adam! She's doing fine.
That Gawker thing is a non-story anyway. They got Trump to retweet a generic proverb. It's amusing, but the guy retweets worse things every day.

Awful people can make great quotes. smh it happens all the time. Stalin is surprisingly an inspiring person if you just take him out of context.

I know she doesn't need anymore, but it made me feel good. Totally self serving. I wish I'd sent more to local races before I got let go, though.

I'll just volunteer my time, since it's mostly useless anyway. :p

#FeeltheWillie
QaKJGJJ.jpg

Teggy

Hillary doesn't need your money, adam! She's doing fine.

Awful people can make great quotes. smh it happens all the time. Stalin is surprisingly an inspiring person if you just take him out of context.

I think the bigger story (if people would bother to realize) is that Trump simply doesn't think before he does things sometimes. He's always retweeting usernames like "ilduce" and "whitegenocide". Leaping without looking is not something you want in your president.

HylianTom

Banned
Great timing, too. All that talk of the KKK gets sidelined for this biggie. He gets to run out the clock to Tuesday while bolstering his support.

FiggyCal

Banned
I think the bigger story (if people would bother to realize) is that Trump simply doesn't think before he does things sometimes. He's always retweeting usernames like "ilduce" and "whitegenocide". Leaping without looking is not something you want in your president.

It looks bad for sure. The republican party is a mess right now. If Hillary can't beat Trump in the general; we deserve everything we get.

Great timing, too. All that talk of the KKK gets sidelined for this biggie. He gets to run out the clock to Tuesday while bolstering his support.

The thing that scares me about Trump is that he knows how to control the media. He's so damn good at that stuff. That worries me.

The Yes for Hillary in the Maine caucus was a smart tip from Cerium. Bought in at 27c and now we're at 34 and likely to go up even more on Super Tuesday.

Teggy

Whoowee, stay out of that SC primary thread. We're on to, "who's more progressive, Bill Clinton or Saddam Hussein."

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Glad I didn't buy Yes Rubio now that it's in the teens. But omg in the teens it has to be a good buy.

It sounds like Rubio is going hard in Virginia.
As polls show Trump leading in nearly every state participating in the whirlwind of Super Tuesday Republican primaries and caucuses, Rubio is pouring resources into Virginia, a marquee battleground where he hopes to emerge as a measured alternative to the combative mogul.

Besides airing more than $500,000 in television ads in Virginia this weekend, Rubio plans four stops in the state on Sunday, including Leesburg, the type of affluent Washington suburb he needs to dent Trump’s momentum.
It's a proportional state without a threshold, so it could be risky to go after it instead of ensuring he stays above thresholds elsewhere.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Senator Cory Gardner: "This is the beginning of the end of the Trump campaign."

*Trump gets endorsement from Sessions*

LOL

pigeon

Banned
You guys are the reason I just dropped money on predictit.org, thanks! :)

Never heard about it before PoliGAF - but decided to buy 1000 shares of No on Trump being the GOP nominee.

My reasoning-

* I want him to get it, so I'll be really happy even if I lose the money.
* I can see Rubio and Cruz playing the "we are staying in because we don't want the GOP to be the party of Trump" and it goes to a brokered convention- where the Vote Against Trump people take over and pick someone else.
* Donald will self-implode somehow/someway

I'm likely wrong, but I want him to be the nominee so bad (to fuck with the GOP party) that I wouldn't be upset at all to lose the money.

<flame suit>

I'm glad to have cool new people in the thread!

That said, you just shorted oil during Chernobyl.

At this point I am 99% confident that Trump will have the majority of delegates for the GOP nomination.

There is still a larger chance he won't be the nominee due to some kind of trickery, but if they play it fair, he's in. Jeff Sessions is the rat, and Marco Rubio is the sinking ship. Expect more rats.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Still not seeing how Trump implodes. This Duke thing means nothing considering the high number of racists on the republican side.

I love how Trump's endorsements are exactly the people you would expect. Northeast racist asshole bully who talks all the time about how BLM is a hate group? Check. Hardcore racist from Alabama that wants to stop immigration? Check. Guy who blames heroin crisis on black men fucking white girls? Check. Guy who vapes during Congressional hearings? Check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom