• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

User 406

Banned
I don't understand why the GOP didn't just attack Trump over his finances. It's obvious as all hell that's the thing that pisses him off. Accuse him of being a bad business person, and he goes ape shit and starts getting all tongue tied. (Not that he's a great speaker up to that point...) It's too late now and all the shitty personal attacks mask the actual good ones.

Yeah, the point of attacks on Trump isn't to winnow his supporters, they're authoritarians and won't budge. It's to get him riled up so he'll further embarrass himself. Attack his business ability, deconstruct The Art of the Deal, mock his failures. And his itty bitty hands, can't forget those.

Rubenov

I love how the RNC's guy that just can't excite the base is pining for an endorsement from the last major RNC guy that just couldn't excite the base.

There is some rumor going on that the establishment will make Romney the nominee in the convention. Romney's stock rose even above Cruz' for some time today. How are people coming up with these things I don't know.

User1608

Banned
I kind of wonder why I bother reading Reddit sometimes for politics. Always depressing.
This is the key thing for me. I'm a firm believer that the only way to learn is to have your beliefs challenged. You don't necessarily have to change what you believe, but facing up to challenges and arguments against your beliefs forces you to really think about what you believe and to try and understand the reasons why you do. There is no healthier force for knowledge than reasonable and civilised debate.
Yep, I certainly agree. There are nuances to many opposing views. Of course, that's not to say I will give much thought to very clear examples of dog whistling/bigotry. Just an example!
Hillary thread is getting nasty
Indeed, but that is the reality of very passionate and short-sighted views, with some ignorance and maliciousness thrown into the mix.

Bowdz

I love how the RNC's guy that just can't excite the base is pining for an endorsement from the last major RNC guy that just couldn't excite the base.

Yeah, it's kind of like how Hillary's endorsement situation is. When you are the establishment candidate, no one cares that the establishment is backing you. When you are an outsider pining to take down the establishment, every single endorsement dominates the news because it is a break from the expected.

Romney's endorsement doesn't mean anything. Rick Scott's will shake the media and establishment to their core.

Hasn't it flipped around by now? What Dems should want now is for Cruz to take a couple of states so Trump isn't on track to get an absolute majority of delegates.

I go back and forth. I want Cruz to stay in to siphon votes from Rubio, but at the same team I don't want him and Rubio tag teaming Trump at the debate Thursday.

Alaska, didn't even realize the Republican caucus was Tuesday could have sworn it was much later.

I'd go with Trump, I think. That's just me though. :)

I don't really want a brokered convention, because I don't trust the GOP to not nominate someone at least slightly more sane than Trump.

On the other hand, the even remote possibility of a Trump presidency scares the living shit out of me.

Bowdz

I'd go with Trump, I think. That's just me though. :)

I don't really want a brokered convention, because I don't trust the GOP to not nominate someone at least slightly more sane than Trump.

On the other hand, the even remote possibility of a Trump presidency scares the living shit out of me.

Fortune favors the bold Adam.

We want the Presidency, Senate, SCOTUS, and as much of the House as possible. We've got to live dangerously.

Naw. Naw man.

How does this play to non-Trump committed voters? Feel like Kasich is loving this, only if he could get more media.

If your strategy is to be the anti-Trump candidate then this sort of thing is a bad idea because it'll turn voters off of you.

If your strategy is to try and imitate Trump to capture some of his voters, you need a better strategy. Which Trump supporters are going to watch this pale imitation and say, "yeah, I'm switching to this guy?"

Makai

Mods are wrong. Rubio stooping to Trump's level deserves a thread. Hilarious, too. Good for Rubio. I love this new politics!

Iolo

I was on Facebook doing something and I stumbled onto Senator Warren's page.

Holy hell. Don't go there. There are just a bajillion people begging her to endorse Bernie. It's tragic. My favorite post is the following:

That's it. Just hashtag after hashtag.

CcUy0xwUsAAYH-G.jpg:small

Kusagari

Rubio misses that the reason Trump's insults stick is because they're so direct.

Low energy, lightweight, liar, choker. These are all simple concepts that Trump drives home over and over until his opponent is branded with them.

Rubio meanwhile just comes in with a stupid joke implying Trump has a small dick.

Averon

So, Rubio's new strategy to try to compete with Trump with the put-downs and obnoxiousness?

I don't know how good a strategy that is. Trump can and will take the obnoxiousness and insults farther that Rubio even will.

Tesseract

Banned
Wow that was some pee wee Herman weak sauce spaghetti, Trump is going to gobble rubio up like cell did Android 17 and we will get to see it live in meat space together

What a time to be alive

I love how Rubio has got through every possible alteration of himself except for the one where he promises to raise taxes on the rich to preserve entitlements.

Because that will actually help you win Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom