• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

Do I know how to pick 'em or what.

IaWIYvo.png

Yeah, Bill Clinton was my first vote. Imagine how geeked I was when Louisiana went blue. My uncles were extra-bitter a few weeks later at Thanksgiving; they largely blamed women. In a way, it was hysterical.

I know the feeling. The first successful presidential candidate I voted for was Obama. Even though I was no longer living there at the time, I grew up in Indiana. I stayed up all night waiting for it to be called and one of my favorite memories of that election was coloring the Hoosier state blue on my map. That was something I just assumed would never happen when I was growing up.

the only debate Trump should show up for is the one in Florida on March 10th before the Florida Primary

the two other debates left on the calendar are up for fluff

nobody cares anymore at this point

GnawtyDog

Banned
I don't mind Trump skipping Fox debates as long as he mounts a pre-emptive fight beforehand like he did for the one he skipped. The few points that he loses (from not attending - "weak", "scared") in that theoretical fight are not big enough to sway any of the states voting in a major way as to swing momentum in the election.

He's going to get murdered by Fox - a last ditch effort by them to sink him. He knows this very well - extremely well. He would rather prefer CNN, CBS, ABC etc...

I don't mind it. The greater the rift between him and Fox, the greater the rift between his followers and Fox.

the next debate is Fox/Megyn Kelly, she's saving up those footage traps.

Yep. Not worth it.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mind Trump skipping Fox debates as long as he mounts a pre-emptive fight beforehand like he did for the one he skipped.

He's going to get murdered by Fox - a last ditch effort by them to sink him. He knows this very well.
He has an easy narrative in that Rubio / Fox / Rush story. "They are in bed with Rubio and will do anything to discredit me"

danm999

Man rewatching highlights of Trump at the last debate he's such a beatable candidate by anyone halfway competent in my opinion.

I mean his defence for hiring foreign seasonal workers was he couldn't find American workers who wanted to work his Florida country club. Way to walk into a Democratic talking point.

sangreal

Man rewatching highlights of Trump at the last debate he's such a beatable candidate by anyone halfway competent in my opinion.

Yes, and Hillary will crush him. What I notice though is that there are so many ways to brush off the attacks he has faced but he is unable to formulate them. He desperately needs a staff to prepare him but his ego won't allow that. Another reason he would be a terrible President

I mean his defence for hiring foreign seasonal workers was he couldn't find American workers who wanted to work his Florida country club. Way to walk into a Democratic talking point.

that was about legal immigration though (H1-B)

danm999

It serves no purpose really. If you don't trust someone enough to worry they'll run third party, how does a non binding contract stop them?

Is it supposed to shame him into playing fair, or make his supporters not view him as trustworthy? Both of those things were clearly futile by that point.

I don't understand why the GOP didn't just attack Trump over his finances. It's obvious as all hell that's the thing that pisses him off. Accuse him of being a bad business person, and he goes ape shit and starts getting all tongue tied. (Not that he's a great speaker up to that point...) It's too late now and all the shitty personal attacks mask the actual good ones.

I don't mind Trump skipping Fox debates as long as he mounts a pre-emptive fight beforehand like he did for the one he skipped. The few points that he loses (from not attending - "weak", "scared") in that theoretical fight are not big enough to sway any of the states voting in a major way as to swing momentum in the election.

He's going to get murdered by Fox - a last ditch effort by them to sink him. He knows this very well - extremely well. He would rather prefer CNN, CBS, ABC etc...

I don't mind it. The greater the rift between him and Fox, the greater the rift between his followers and Fox.

Yep. Not worth it.

Yep, he shouldn't show up. Fox should know better at this point than to have her moderate a debate with him in it. He would be getting pounded by Cruz, Rubio, and Megyn Kelly.

Let's say Trump sweeps the southern states, Alaska, Oklahoma, Wyoming, and comes in second in Texas; dunno about MA, ND, and the other states. The NY Times article from a few days ago said Rubio's campaign is trying to get the Romney endorsement before the Idaho and Michigan contests, which are on March 8th. Trump is leading by a large margin in Michigan, and while I haven't seen an Idaho poll I wouldn't be stunned if he's ahead there as well. But...let's assume Trump wins Michigan win and let's give Idaho to Rubio. Thus souring the "breaking news" worth of Romney's endorsement.

And then Trump wins Florida on March 15th. At that point he could certainly argue he is the nominee and threaten to skip debates. I don't think it's a good idea but at the same time if Rubio cannot win his own state (whereas Cruz manages to win his), I just don't see how much longer Rubio can stick it out. He's going to have a lot of money soon, but how much will be non-PAC money?

I agree with Rubio (and Cruz/Kasich) that a brokered convention is the goal. But Trump is winning so big he can outright clinch this thing...

Man, I have a feeling that Hilldawg will sweep Tuesday, ya'll.

Like, only losing Vermont sweep.
I know it's like only a day away but I hope Hillary put a lot of resources in trying to win Massachusetts. Bernie losing that would be the biggest blow to his campaign. Even if he managed to win Minnesota or something

Makai

NBC's Chuck Todd asks Donald Trump to defend the fact that he retweeted a quote from Italian World War Two-era dictator Benito Mussolini.

"It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep," Mussolini, is known to have said.

"It's a very good quote," said Trump. "It's a very interesting quote, and I know it. I saw it... What difference does it make whether it's Mussolini or somebody else? It's certainly a very interesting quote."

Chuck Todd seems perplexed. "Do you want to be associated with a fascist?"

"No," Trump said. "I want to be associated with interesting quotes."
How can polls be real if our votes aren't real?

A great depiction of what the like 20 pages of the Hillary hate thread is in one post

"Both parties are the same!"

So I'm not the only one picking up on this, yeah? But most people are smart enough to avoid actually saying that because it's been so thoroughly debunked many times over. So instead we have longwinded, roundabout posts that essentially boil down to the same sentiment but without actually stating it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Let's say Trump sweeps the southern states, Alaska, Oklahoma, Wyoming, and comes in second in Texas; dunno about MA, ND, and the other states. The NY Times article from a few days ago said Rubio's campaign is trying to get the Romney endorsement before the Idaho and Michigan contests, which are on March 8th. Trump is leading by a large margin in Michigan, and while I haven't seen an Idaho poll I wouldn't be stunned if he's ahead there as well. But...let's assume Trump wins Michigan win and let's give Idaho to Rubio. Thus souring the "breaking news" worth of Romney's endorsement.

And then Trump wins Florida on March 15th. At that point he could certainly argue he is the nominee and threaten to skip debates. I don't think it's a good idea but at the same time if Rubio cannot win his own state (whereas Cruz manages to win his), I just don't see how much longer Rubio can stick it out. He's going to have a lot of money soon, but how much will be non-PAC money?

I agree with Rubio (and Cruz/Kasich) that a brokered convention is the goal. But Trump is winning so big he can outright clinch this thing...

I love how the RNC's guy that just can't excite the base is pining for an endorsement from the last major RNC guy that just couldn't excite the base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom