• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

09cPsdf.png

Another personal high score.

Tesseract

Banned
Haha, it looks like rubio is taking cocaine now or something, what the fuck is happening to him

This election is so delicious

Rubenov

Haha, it looks like rubio is taking cocaine now or something, what the fuck is happening to him

This election is so delicious

Rubio can be whatever you want him to be. Whatever you need him to be. He's a controlled politician that will do what the masters say he will do. I guess they figured out he needed to stoop to Trump's level.

Rubenov

Ted Cruz comes off so horribly in that interview, melting down.

What killed him was that he couldn't defend the accusations of his campaign using dirty tactics and got visibly angry.

Not just the campaign though, during and after the debate he basically said Trump won't release his tax statements because there's fraud there. He wasn't even subtle.

That's a slimy thing to do unless you have evidence.

danm999

All three of those clowns have been making absolutely fucking fools of themselves in front of the media the past few days. Dick jokes and David Duke and whatever the hell meltdown Cruz has got going on.

I cannot imagine how much damage they're doing to their party cohesion, to say nothing of the impression they're making on the general electorate.

That's just every state politican in NJ. The Democrats arent any better around here.
I just thought it would be weird for Christie to ever try and argue a comeback after being away for a term and all the nonsense he's pulled. Atleast a new guy might be better

But in CT I know the struggle. The dems at the local level here have been horrible. I was going to go on a rant about it earlier but held back.

Malloy gave us Alcohol on Sundays and pushed the selling hours up till 10. Think us and Indiana were the only two states that still had a ban on that. That and he's about as progressive as they come on LGBT rights and guns are the only positives with him.

Cerium

After Super Tuesday I'm going to have a ton of hard cash to play around with. It's going to be fun. Can't wait. All my shit is tied up in existing markets right now.

I'd imagine Rubio is being so aggressive against Trump in order to convince Bush donors that he's a good investment. Still those hands comments felt rather ridulous. The goal should be to constantly look presidential, not to fall into the mud with Donald.

We're watching a national party implode, ladies and gentlemen.

GuyKazama

Cruz is correct that Trump has mafia ties, but he's been fairly open about it as part of doing business in NY -- for example, Roy Cohn was his friend and lawyer. Will be interesting to see him address it.

PBY

Banned
All three of those clowns have been making absolutely fucking fools of themselves in front of the media the past few days. Dick jokes and David Duke and whatever the hell meltdown Cruz has got going on.

I cannot imagine how much damage they're doing to their party cohesion, to say nothing of the impression they're making on the general electorate.
Trump has dragged these dudes so far down into this muck

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'd imagine Rubio is being so aggressive against Trump in order to convince Bush donors that he's a good investment. Still those hands comments felt rather ridulous. The goal should be to constantly look presidential, not to fall into the mud with Donald.

Seriously, I did not expect him to go full Trump. You never go full Trump.

So much for the master debater from princeton. Crumples at a standard question about his past that he should have rehearsed a defense for. Instead of explaining why he once gushed for the nomination of roberts before he was against him for ruling in a way he didnt like, he pivots into attacking trump. Great interview

Yes bdubs i am guilty too, thought he would destroy clinton 1 on 1

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So much for the master debater from princeton. Crumples at a standard question about his past that he should have rehearsed a defense for. Instead of explaining why he once gushed for the nomination of roberts before he was against him for ruling in a way he didnt like, he pivots into attacking trump. Great interview

Everyone's been overestimating Cruz from jump.

Bowdz

I don't think Super PAC money will ever be an issue for Rubio. It is his campaign that needs cash and having a few rich billionaires max out their $2700 donations is not going to do much to fund it.

I imagine the typical Rubio voter is so annoyed by Donald that they're happy to see "their guy" sticking it to Trump on his own level. It's not, however, going to win him a statistically significant portion of Trump's voters. I don't know if it'll turn independents off, per se, since it's obvious he's just trying to beat Trump at his own shitty game, but it's also not going to endear him to them, either, and the fact that he doesn't have his mind remotely on the general election in that sense says as much about the bad position he's in as any amount of analysis could. Nobody wants to back a loser, and Rubio cracking jokes about Trump pissing his pants and having a small dick makes him look like a loser desperately scrambling to prove he's relevant.

Cerium

I imagine the typical Rubio voter is so annoyed by Donald that they're happy to see "their guy" sticking it to Trump on his own level. It's not, however, going to win him a statistically significant portion of Trump's voters. I don't know if it'll turn independents off, per se, since it's obvious he's just trying to beat Trump at his own shitty game, but it's also not going to endear him to them, either, and the fact that he doesn't have his mind remotely on the general election in that sense says as much about the bad position he's in as any amount of analysis could. Nobody wants to back a loser, and Rubio cracking jokes about Trump pissing his pants and having a small dick makes him look like a loser desperately scrambling to prove he's relevant.

Meanwhile Hillary is already pivoting to Trump.

Does anyone think that Rubio would possibly turn down a vice presidential position if Trump were to offer it?
Yes he would, and the Republicans would get Trump impeached so that Rubio takes his place and do the bidding of their donors.

but I am answering your question directly

Trump won't pick him

Cruz is clearly a smart guy, probably a real killer in the courtroom, but Trump totally robbed him of the anti-establishment vote that might otherwise have been his and totally thrown him off his game. He's had some masterful soundbites, in terms of subtly appealing to the shitty parts of the base without directly doing so, but the race has no room for that kind of stuff with The Donald bloviating every ten minutes.

Edit: I think Trump said during the Christie endorsement he wasn't going to pick Rubio, that he didn't have the right stuff for it or something like that. Closed captioning on the TV at the gym was fucked up, don't remember the exact wording.

The things Hillary will do to Trump during a foreign policy debate makes me giddy.

Like, we don't ever go into a foreign policy focused debate with the candidate who can make the better case. We just don't. We're always playing catch up when it comes to that. To watch Hillary just tear Trump apart.....oh god.

Obama 2012.

I mean, on paper, yes. But you cannot make the argument that Trump knows foreign policy better than Hillary Clinton. You could maybe try that with a straight face with Rmoney, and it would be total bullshit, but I think that could convince some people. How do you do that with Trump? Even people that hate her are usually willing to admit she knows her shit, especially on foreign policy.

As to 2008, no. McCain knew foreign policy better than Obama did McCain is interventionist as all hell, and would have nuked Iran, but he still was seen as stronger on foreign policy. I'm arguing optics not position. I think we dems are always better on foregin polciy, but we're perceived as weaker I don't see that happening with Hillary/Trump.

The foreign policy debate will just be...it'll be better than sex. It really will.

Chichikov

You know, before I moved to America I had only a vague concept of what debate clubs are, once I learned a bit more about them I stopped being surprised that people who excelled at them can be terrible at actual debating.

Grief.exe

The things Hillary will do to Trump during a foreign policy debate makes me giddy.

Like, we don't ever go into a foreign policy focused debate with the candidate who can make the better case. We just don't. We're always playing catch up when it comes to that. To watch Hillary just tear Trump apart.....oh god.

No listen. I've made a lot of deals.

We are going to get in there and make things happen. Let me tell you, we are going to strengthen the military. It's going to be, it's going to be so huge that they will have no idea.

Opening statements of first debate:

Trump: "Deal from strength or get crushed every time."
Hillary: "We need more love and kindness."

*Hillary proceeds to fuck Trump up*

... Would be a pretty awesome destruction of Trump's strongman ideas.

Hilary is pretty hawkish though.

Next to the Republican Primary debates I can see how it is perceived as is love and kindness when you put those policies in the context of, 'carpet bomb the entire region.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom