• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekai

He is a good guy. I was simply responding to some of the posts on Kos and Reddit who were pearl clutching because he managed a hedge fund (which was really just his own money, but you know...). Half were super happy he endorsed, the other half were upset because he is fairly well off. I just found the disconnect interesting.

Gotcha.

Gruco

Banned
Christie rescinding his endorsement would make him the most legendary politician of all time (do not take that claim literally).

First, he spends the 2012 keynote talking completely about himself.

Then, he publicly embraces Obama in the most dramatic, media friendly fashon, weeks before the election.

Then, he nukes the establishment frontrunner's chances in 2012. Twice.

then he's all like "NVM dudes, Trump sucks"

The guy is amazing. This is a crazy amount of chaos for the Governor of New Jersey to cause within his own party.

Really?

I don't know why I'm surprised, because you know it's reddit, but I am.

Ya. There were a few people talking about it. I mean, we know we'll all be thrown under the bus eventually, but you know. I was legit surprised. Like no one called them out on it. They're just talking about how they're sending 200 and 300 messages to random people on Facebook in Mass to encourage them to vote for Bernie tomorrow. I guess it's called "Facebanking." It's interesting to me. Wonder how that helps/hurts.

Crocodile

I mean, I could have sworn that earlier in the whole process KKK members were stumping for Trump and I feel he danced around the issue then. Am I misremembering things? Are Republicans only freaking out so hard now instead of then (or all the equally terrible shit he's said) because he's no longer a joke?

Christie rescinding his endorsement would make him the most legendary politician of all time (do not take that claim literally).

First, he spends the 2012 keynote talking completely about himself.

Then, he publicly embraces Obama in the most dramatic, media friendly fashon, weeks before the election.

Then, he nukes the establishment frontrunner's chances in 2012. Twice.

then he's all like "NVM dudes, Trump sucks"

The guy is amazing. This is a crazy amount of chaos for the Governor of New Jersey to cause within his own party.

If Chris could get Trump to change his name back to Drumpf he'd be impressive.

Gruco

Banned
Most likely scenario is that Christie endorses a different candidate every date for the next two weeks, then decides to re-enter the race.

hawk2025

As far as economic issues go, he's quite far to the left. The only thing I can think of that is odd is how he went after ACORN with a provision in a Student Aid Act in 2009 that would prohibit funding. Especially given how those videos doctored to attack ACORN were nothing but lies. That's the only really damning thing in his whole record that I'm aware of. On social and healthcare fronts the guy is definitely to the left having always supported choice, lgbt rights, legislation on wage discrimination, expanding the strength of hate crime laws, etc. is anti-war and wasteful military spending, believes in renewal energy etc. etc.

He's a generally good dude when it comes to the issues.

Still "Wall Street", "Corporate", and whatever other name is usually levied at someone with his history.

If you are using an exceedingly broad brush, you end up painting people you shouldn't. We've seen this happen multiple times during this campaign.

I mean, I could have sworn that earlier in the whole process KKK members were stumping for Trump and I feel he danced around the issue then. Am I misremembering things? Are Republicans only freaking out so hard now instead of then (or all the equally terrible shit he's said) because he's no longer a joke?
Yes. They bought into the idea that people wouldn't actually vote for him.

50% of Trump supporters want to raise the minimum wage....interesting.

MSNBC found an AA Trump supporter at a rally and asked him about the KKK thing.The guy said he was an Obama supporter but now supports Trump because he's able to continue the "change." Hahahahaahahaha.

This election, brahs and brahettes. This election.

hawk2025

The evidence and support for raising the minimum wage at this point is almost overwhelming.

The only question is by how much and how to structure it.

Ekai

In regards to the townhall link: I guess I'm among the select few "weirdos, losers and gender-fluid mutations" that the right-wing feels is stealing the regular Americans country that "they spent their lives building, feeding, defending, and loving ". How weirdly non-specific until the writer got to slurring trans-individuals, huh. They also equate those attitudes to Drumpf's followers while acting like those who were a part of Occupy or support Bernie are the freaks....even though in comparison between the two their passionate description of the Drumpf followers better fits Bernie's. The Drumpf followers could give two shits about the country, rights or opportunity of others besides themselves.

That also said the fallout the writer expresses on the second page amuses me. A hateful asshole (our writer here in question) is terrified of a hateful asshole (Drumpf) being President. While lacking all awareness on the matters. It's sensible-chuckle inducing.

Still "Wall Street", "Corporate", and whatever other name is usually levied at someone with his history.

If you are using an exceedingly broad brush, you end up painting people you shouldn't. We've seen this happen multiple times during this campaign.

Oh, please. Don't even get me started on how extremely general you are being here.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Terrible, terrible news for Rubio. Cruz stays in the race and splits delegates with Trump, and I don't believe Rubio gets any with 17%.

cartoon_soldier said:
TRUMP TAPE

I wasn’t able to obtain the recording, or the transcript, and don’t know exactly what Trump said. Neither Baquet, Collins, nor various editorial board members I reached would comment on an off-the-record conversation, which the Times essentially said they cannot release without approval from Trump, given the nature of the the off-the-record agreement.

Nothing to see here. He won't release it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Christie rescinding effectively ends his life and career. Probably even public sector employment. He will be a pariah. Won't happen IMO.

Anyone who thinks Christie going to rescind dont knoe Christie. He's going to quadruple that shit down and defend Trump from the nazis.

20160229191518868.png

Terrible, terrible news for Rubio. Cruz stays in the race and splits delegates with Trump, and I don't believe Rubio gets any with 17%.

The threshold for the statewide delegates is 20% so he'd be shut out there. He would still be eligible to receive district level delegates though. But yeah, Rubio's worst case scenario is failing to hit 20% and Cruz with a close margin over Trump.

Romney voters becoming Trump voters makes a lot of sense when you think about it. You'd think they'd jump to Kasich or Bush but that's not happening because they were told Romney was the safe choice that was surely to beat Obama and it failed. They're tired of being told the only way to win is to go with the "safe" choice.

Oh god, my mom is going off on Christie right now. And she's managed to tie him to Trump, Rubio and Fiorina (I have no idea why or how we got to her.) And Baroni and Kelly should go to jail for life, apparently. Oh, I am living.

Rubio's fail to rise really shows how terrible of a politician he is and just how bad the base views the establishment. Coming off 2013's "how the fuck do we win a presidential election" RNC committee, he's the exact candidate you might pick. But the base of the Republican Party is sick of it and want a winner, and they do not want illegal immigrants to be given any sort of legality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom