• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I love that in 2016 the GOP equivalent of the 'Whitey Tape' is a candidate saying in private that he's maybe not as racist as he seems.

OmniOne

Oh, I've been reading about that on Twitter. That's a Time photographer being choke-slammed by security after telling the security person, "Fuck you." It's all over Twitter; Buzzfeed especially had a collection of tweets on it posted too.

Is it odd that I'm relieved?

I agree to an extent. I don't think the establishment is unaware of support among the base for things like minimum wage per se, but rather that they have overestimated the base's desire for a lot of the things the establishment holds dear and also that they have hoped they could somewhat neglect the base and their desires because they had no real alternatives to vote for. Now Trump is coming in and telling the base what they want to hear and the establishment has no clue how to deal with it.

They're not rallying behind trump because of minimum wage increases though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I love that in 2016 the GOP equivalent of the 'Whitey Tape' is a candidate saying in private that he's maybe not as racist as he seems.

This is incredible. Watch the RNC use this against him.

ivysaur12

Banned
Things are getting pretty real.

ZZtDaU6.png

About $3200 of the invested is my original cash; the rest is profits I've taken out. I've officially doubled up.

Drinks are on you then.

Crocodile

So at this point in the day, we can expect no endorsement of Trump from Huckabee correct? His state votes tomorrow so I figured if he was going to hop on the train it would be now.

They're not rallying behind trump because of minimum wage increases though.

Of course not. Trump hasn't even taken a stance in favor of raising the minimum wage. Allow me to clarify that my intention wasn't to suggest that it was the case that people were supporting him because of the minimum wage, but rather that the numbers aren't surprising and that Trump's brand of economic populism plays well with the base, even the parts that go against conservative orthodoxy.

Makai

Ironically, the press conference is about Christie nominating a judge to a seat that has been vacant for years because the NJ Senate is obstructing it.

Makai

"Did you nominate this judge today to distract from the firestorm with Donald Trump?"

"Yeah, of course, because I do something as serious as a Supreme Court nomination in 24 hours."

lol

HUELEN10

Just got back to town...

I am going to have to wake up early to vote tomorrow. I have NEVER voted in a primary or IRL for one of these before. To those that aren't part of the Absentee ballot club, how long does it take for you to vote?

Makai

Just got back to town...

I am going to have to wake up early to vote tomorrow. I have NEVER voted in a primary or IRL for one of these before. To those that aren't part of the Absentee ballot club, how long does it take for you to vote?
Where do you live? Primaries should be really quick. Caucuses take hours.

Yoda

I was hoping idiots would jump on the bandwagon and sell their Trump shares for him winning the nomination, Rubio just isn't moving >.>

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm more surprised that the entire state government of Kansas hasn't put out a signed letter endorsing Trump yet.

Drudge has a "confidential" poll on the front page claiming Trump is ahead of Hillary.

Confidential polling data shows Hillary Clinton could lose the presidential election in heavily Democratic New York to Donald Trump as the GOP front-runner’s support grows to the point of being “surprisingly strong,” The Post has learned.

The poll results, from Democratic and Republican legislative races, have surprised many leading Dems, virtually all of whom have endorsed Clinton, while confounding and energizing GOP leaders, many of whom until recently have been opposed to Trump.
http://nypost.com/2016/02/28/hillary-could-lose-to-trump-in-democratic-new-york/

I know, it's the NY Post and surely bullshit. But I'm more interested in Drudge running with this, and how it plays into the utterly delusional narrative amongst some conservatives that Trump can win. They're living in fantasy land, and various right wing news sources (Drudge, Breitbart, etc) have bought in.

The establishment is going to be destroyed by the delusional alternative reality they've spent decades creating.

HUELEN10

Thunder Monkey, why do you have figs in your rectum?

For years i've seen it linking to an old PoliGAF post, but what is the context?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I love this new trend. Just say you know someone has a secret poll or secret tape or secret evidence and everything on social media will go ape shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom