• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Trump said everyone tells him he has beautiful hands and this is the first time he had heard anyone say he had small hands. This fucking guy. Lies even about the smallest things.

I'm in love with the idea that he's so easily distracted by this shit. He will flame out even harder in the general if he can't stay on message.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Who has better hands? Trump or Carson? The battle of the gifted vs. the luxurious.

Who says Trump's hands can't be both?

new-york-post.png

Gifted fingers?

God, I want to die after posting this :lol

PBY

Banned
He is probably regretting even more being forced to take his current position instead of getting to hide in the giant crowd that is the House.

Hypothetical - understanding what happened before, but - Paul Ryan runs for president in 2016

What happens?

Ophelion

Who has better hands? Trump or Carson? The battle of the gifted vs. the luxurious.

Trick question. Everyone
and by everyone I mean Hillary
knows Bill Clinton has the best hands.

In Hillary Clinton's memoir, she talks about the “shape of his hands. His wrists are narrow and his fingers tapered and deft, like those of a pianist or a surgeon.”

If ya know what I mean...

pigeon

Banned
He is probably regretting even more being forced to take his current position instead of getting to hide in the giant crowd that is the House.

It's literally the end of his Presidential aspirations. I strongly believed there was no way he would take the job and I still don't understand why he did. He gave up his entire planned career!

Somebody in the establishment must have really taken him up on the mountain. I can't imagine what they offered him. If it was the opportunity to run for President unopposed in a few years, he must be pretty fucking pissed off right about now since it's obvious they can't possibly deliver.

PBY

Banned
It's literally the end of his Presidential aspirations. I strongly believed there was no way he would take the job and I still don't understand why he did. He gave up his entire planned career!

Somebody in the establishment must have really taken him up on the mountain. I can't imagine what they offered him. If it was the opportunity to run for President unopposed in a few years, he must be pretty fucking pissed off right about now since it's obvious they can't possibly deliver.

Why didn't he run this cycle? Loser-tagged?

CCS

Banned
Alright! Who's excited to watch our Queen SLAY tonight? It's going to be amazing, and PoliGAF has everything you need! Featuring:

-Gays
-Hildawgs
-More gays
-Annoyed Bernie fans
-Lots of shouting.

Get hyped, and prepare for the coronation of a lifetime!

I'm sorry, I'm overexcited :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Maybe a governorship? They could certainly rig that so he's unopposed in the primary.

Ophelion

Maybe it was less carrot and more stick? "Do it or come to regret it."

I don't know what they could possibly threaten him with. I just don't know what they could possibly have offered him either.

He was literally the only Republican who could get a majority for the speakership. If he hadn't taken one for the team, its very likely we would have had another government shutdown last year. Ryan pushed the budget through to keep things quiet until the election and now they're nominating Trump. You have to feel bad for the guy.... hahahahah no wait screw Paul Ryan 4ever.

pigeon

Banned
Make two chats, post one out in the open and hide the other in the email tag. Maybe spread the open chat to other websites by saying stuff like "Hillary bros are celebrating here!"

Please don't meta-troll the entire internet. Jesus. Why.

Why didn't he run this cycle? Loser-tagged?

I think he wasn't in position (he doesn't have much to point to right now except failing to become vice-president) and thought Hillary was probably going to win. Eight more years in Ways and Means would allow him to fight for a bunch more tax cuts, push against healthcare expansion, and also frankly just get him seasoned a bit more.

At the same time, when he made the decision, Republicans thought immigration reform might pass with Eric Cantor pushing on it. Paul Ryan is a perfect candidate for a new, less racist, cleaned up GOP that still advances Randian economics while accepting social change.

Obviously that didn't work because it turned out the GOP is a clown fiesta, but right after 2012 there was a very real establishment push for reform. It just failed.

edit:
Jeb's turn, lmao.

Actually, this probably is a big part of it as well. Paul Ryan's constituency is the super-establishment, and Jeb locked that stuff up really early in the cycle. Ryan probably didn't have an opportunity.

Armaros

Wasn't he pretty much forced into the job because no one else wanted it or was liked enough to do it?

They begged him to take it after the 'groomed' replacement literally dropped out on the day he was suppose to get voted in.

Between Establishment Republicans not wanting the job because that means dealing directly with the Tea party and Tea Party ready to vote down, they needed to find someone acceptable for both sides.

So Paul Ryan it is.

As Speaker, he's third in line for the presidency.

But he's also seen as the one responsible for a horrifically unpopular congress, fair or not.

Ryan can't step down until there is someone else the Republicans can make Speaker. Kevin McCarthy is already DOA and Steve Scalise has serious ties to white nationalism. He's stuck as Speaker for years, imo, and by then Ryan's going to be too crippled to do anything nationally.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I really don't think they run a third-party GOP candidate. If Trump comes in second that's the complete death of the party as we know it, they can't risk losing to Trump in the general. They'll likely try and regain control through a brokered convention, if such a thing is even going to be possible, or just let Trump do his thing and try to reassert control after he loses. Trump would really have to drive them into a corner for the establishment to run a candidate of their own.

What I'm saying is they've still got options to exercise before it gets to a 3-way race.
Isn't that a dangerous strategy to take? Remember a Republican was saying a Cruz nominee would likely hurt down (can't think of a better term) tickets. Even though I still believe they would rather have Trump than Cruz, I feel Trump would hurt the party nationwide more. I don't know if there's a correlation between the performance of the presidential nominee to other tickets running.

Considering Republicans already have an uphill battle during presidential years damaging the brand is the last thing they want. Maybe it doesn't matter if Trump is the nominee, the appeal might already be tarnished severely. I could only see Trump acting as a catalyst.
That's how I remember it going down. He really didn't want to take the job.
Not only that, but a Republican said it's a career ending position, which I assume means not becoming a senator or president.

PBY

Banned
Primaries should have preliminary numbers as the polls close but some of these Western caucuses start late in terms of EST (Colorado starts at 9 EST for example).

Great. Gonna interview the fuck out of these students, and get out. No cocktail reception (maybe a roadie), need these results asap.

And sometimes I feel like Hillary supporters don't believe in the existence of non-whites and lgbt individuals who support Bernie.

The polls indicate minorities are supporting Hillary. Cohn is saying that Bernie's campaign needs to acknowledge that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom