• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Cruz drops out either tomorrow or Tuesday night.

Whatever.No one really expected Bernie to win once Biden decided not to run. The fact that he has come THIS CLOSE of Clinton is just amazing.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep..._democratic_presidential_nomination-3824.html

I mean, look at this beauty. 5 points of difference. Who would have thought? He gave a nice and big scare to the corrupt, neoliberal loving Democratic machine represented by Clinton. She will have to make concessions if she wants Sanders support. He has the mandate of almost half the Democratic electorate.

FCMA.

tumblr_mn363iYK1z1so6il8o1_250.gif

teiresias

Whatever.No one really expected Bernie to win once Biden decided not to run. The fact that he has come THIS CLOSE of Clinton is just amazing.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep..._democratic_presidential_nomination-3824.html

I mean, look at this beauty. 5 points of difference. Who would have thought? He gave a nice and big scare to the corrupt, neoliberal loving Democratic machine represented by Clinton. She will have to make concessions if she wants Sanders support. He has the mandate of almost half the Democratic electorate.

FCMA.

I love how Bernie supporters parade around calling Clinton supporters enablers of corruption and then have the audacity to turn around and whine for Clinton supporters to be nice to them and "stop being mean" if they want their support in the GE.

I can empathize, and it's tempting to gloat profusely (I have to fight the urge internally).. but man, the first presidential loss is really painful. (I've definitely supported my share of losers over the years.)

The first time I was able to vote in a presidential election was 2004. I remember going in so determined to defeat Bush, seeing those leaked exit polls on the internet, settling down to watch the returns, and slowly coming to the realization that Bush was going to pull it off. That was a rough night.

Hillary sweep except for VT possible?

No. I think he'll get one or two of the caucus states and Vermont.

I'm still bullish on Mass. I think we have a good chance there just because of the strong party roots in the state.

I will not count my delegates before my queen lobs their heads off.

But there's a chance....albeit small.

Cruz goes on to March 15th atleast if he wins Texas. I hope Texas swings Trump, but still debating whether it's better for Cruz to win it to keep him in and siphon more votes from Rubio or drop out after Texas loss.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Uh, what? The latter is a stretch, the former is complete nonsense.

He has zero reason to stay in after losing Tuesday. Zero. RNC will convince him to drop.

Tomorrow is a stretch, but I wouldn't put it past the RNC to be already hassling him about it. He had a terrible performance tonight. Trump destroyed him.

Owzers

Trump needs a better answer to the polish worker whatever than saying it's 35 years ago. But it is 35 years ago, that's how far back you have to go?

Plinko

LOL at RNC people caring about tax returns or the Polish workers 35 years ago. Average Joe Republican doesn't care.

sangreal

Trump needs a better answer to the polish worker whatever than saying it's 35 years ago. But it is 35 years ago, that's how far back you have to go?

I think "polish worker whatever" highlights exactly why he doesn't need to bother

Besides, I don't think those are the undocumented immigrants GOP voters are looking for

HylianTom

Banned
The first time I was able to vote in a presidential election was 2004. I remember going in so determined to defeat Bush, seeing those leaked exit polls on the internet, settling down to watch the returns, and slowly coming to the realization that Bush was going to pull it off. That was a rough night.

That one hurt. I was at a party that night, and the deflation was absolutely wretched.

After that, I made a new rule for myself: in the event of an election where the outcome is close, I'm not attentding any parties.

In contrast, I went to a College Dems party in 1996. That was an amazing night, especially when southern states started getting called for Clinton-Gore.

===

WHOA!

Rosie Gray ‏@RosieGray

Asked if he would make any of the other guys on stage his VP, Trump tells reporters "it's not looking good."

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I guess Rubio further established himself as the premier anti-trump candidate, which might steal some from cruz/kasich/carson voters. And polls show republicans do believe Trump is the best chance to win the general, so they might change their mind on that if Rubio looks tougher at the debates.

Still, it's usually not enough to win a debate. You need to hit so hard you change the entire narrative. Before Christie's attack, there wasn't a jokes about Rubio being a robot, and it was very easy and entertaining to replay the part where he got owned by those attacks.

What easily digestible clip is going to embarrass Trump as it goes viral? How is the narrative surrounding Trump or Rubio going to dramatically change?

Maybe it's enough to close the gap by a few percentage points, but Rubio needs way more than that.

Means no weed for ya'll.

Just lame old establishment tabacco.

I want to try weed. Once my queen tells me its okay.

As to Mass, I'm still holding onto Hillary taking it. I know it should be safe Bernie, but the numbers out of RI and today's MA polls give me faith that she can pull out a win there. That would legitimately be the end of his campaign. He'd have no region of the country that was safe for him.

LOL at RNC people caring about tax returns or the Polish workers 35 years ago. Average Joe Republican doesn't care.

"The problem with the establishment is they are always looking at the past. I'm going to turn this party into a new better Republican party that wins wins wins"

Trump should drop this bomb on them.

He has zero reason to stay in after losing Tuesday. Zero. RNC will convince him to drop.
Cruz may very well come out of Tuesday still having a delegate lead over Rubio, he won't drop out if he wins Texas. And he's going to win Texas.
Tomorrow is a stretch, but I wouldn't put it past the RNC to be already hassling him about it. He had a terrible performance tonight. Trump destroyed him.
He's not going to drop out of the race because of a debate. And you are really overselling the power the RNC has over him. They can't even get Kasich to back out.

As a conservative I am praying that Cruz gets destroyed on Tuesday so he will drop out and we conservatives that have retained some of our sanity can unify against him using Rubio.

My God he is a complete and total sideshow.

Plinko

Take a look at the polling numbers for Trump. 2 weeks ago they're high 20s. Last week 30s, and this week we'very seen several 40s.

HylianTom

Banned
Cruz may very well come out of Tuesday still having a delegate lead over Rubio, he won't drop out if he wins Texas. And he's going to win Texas.
This is another one of those "perfect storm" moments: Rubio might very well be the guy to be the antiTrump, but he absolutely needs to win his home state - and things aren't looking good for him.

Cruz really hasn't positioned himself well enough, but Texas may well allow him to hang around.

Trump has a horseshoe or a four-leaf clover shoved up his ass, I swear.

Take a look at the polling numbers for Trump. 2 weeks ago they're high 20s. Last week 30s, and this week we'very seen several 40s.
Every primary victory brings a small bump. If he dominates on Tuesday, that trend will continue.

pigeon

Banned
It's really a sad day for democracy if the strategic vote has to be determined by a rogue billionaire knowingly threatening to sabotage the Democratic candidate with a third party campaign.

For all the hate about Bernie supporters maybe not falling in line, how is Bloomberg getting such a free pass here?

As far as I can tell, there are no actual Bloomberg supporters. If there were I would undoubtedly tell them that they disgusted me.

Y2Kev is probably the one of us most likely to know somebody who might actually vote for Bloomberg, so maybe he can clarify if anybody like that even exists.

But basically I don't think he's really going to run. As far as I understand his plan it's basically "if I'm worried Donald Trump might be president I will run just to beat him." That's very New York style of him, but I don't think Trump has much of a shot in the general, so I don't think Bloomberg will be required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom