• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
As far as I can tell, there are no actual Bloomberg supporters. If there were I would undoubtedly tell them that they disgusted me.

Y2Kev is probably the one of us most likely to know somebody who might actually vote for Bloomberg, so maybe he can clarify if anybody like that even exists.

But basically I don't think he's really going to run. As far as I understand his plan it's basically "if I'm worried Donald Trump might be president I will run just to beat him." That's very New York style of him, but I don't think Trump has much of a shot in the general, so I don't think Bloomberg will be required.

Everyone I've ever met that might go for Bloomberg would only go for him if Hillary wasn't running and Bernie fucked up big time.

All that said, Bloomberg has no reason to run so long as Hillary wins. He said so himself.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
When the debates first started I thought Trump pulled a Ron Paul and paid people to vote for him as the winner in online polls.

Now I'm not so sure.

Brinbe

I can't wait for Trump to finally go after Rubio.

LOL Carson got 4 votes in this straw poll on CNN. How the fuck. Cruz dominated

He has zero reason to stay in after losing Tuesday. Zero. RNC will convince him to drop.

What can the RNC do to Cruz? They already hate him and he knows it. Cruz is backed by a handful of crazy oil and property millionaires. He doesn't need establishment money. Down deep, I think he'd rather throw the election to Trump and try again in '20 than help Rubio out.

danm999

Yeah I don't see what leverage the RNC has over Cruz.

They couldn't control him during the government shutdown, I don't see how they'll do it now.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
As far as I can tell, there are no actual Bloomberg supporters. If there were I would undoubtedly tell them that they disgusted me.

Y2Kev is probably the one of us most likely to know somebody who might actually vote for Bloomberg, so maybe he can clarify if anybody like that even exists.

But basically I don't think he's really going to run. As far as I understand his plan it's basically "if I'm worried Donald Trump might be president I will run just to beat him." That's very New York style of him, but I don't think Trump has much of a shot in the general, so I don't think Bloomberg will be required.

That maybe his forward facing argument, but it's idiotic, and there's no way he stupid enough to believes that. There's no way that Bloomberg running third party does anything but increases the chance that the republican would win.

But his threat to run has been commonly used to help solidify the argument that Hillary is more electable because Bloomberg is not going to run third party if Hillary gets the nomination, and that's what is gross.

Are they going to replay that Bernie interview on Hardball? I saw part of it with him getting wrecked, but want to see the whole thing.

edit-

Five Republican presidential candidates took to the stage for a debate Saturday night in Houston. Who do you think won?

Donald Trump
70 %
Ted Cruz
4 %
Marco Rubio
19 %
John Kasich
6 %
Ben Carson
2 %

19,516 Votes

http://time.com/4238254/republican-debate-tenth-poll-survey/?xid=homepage
https://youtu.be/tZ3HvjRYnhc

https://youtu.be/z8hkFfymbxQ

"I would defund it because I'm pro-life," Trump said, "but millions of women are helped by Planned Parenthood."

Trump said that, Trump actually said that?

This is insane, I'm fucking at a loss. Trump is a mole to infect the right with left ideals while still appealing to racism and all the other shit that is not so secret when it comes to the republicans, it's my only way to reconcile the stuff that comes out of his mouth.

This is insane, I'm fucking at a loss.

I think I get what he was going for.

He doesn't support Planned Parenthood because they do abortions, however, he acknowledges that they do far, far more than abortions.

So....I have no idea where that leaves him, to be honest.

danm999

This is insane, I'm fucking at a loss. Trump is a mole to infect the right with left ideals while still appealing to racism and all the other shit that is not so secret when it comes to the republicans, it's my only way to reconcile the stuff that comes out of his mouth.

I said it in the debate thread; anybody that doesn't think Hillary would make mince meat of him after a line like that is fooling themselves.

Bowdz

watershed

Banned
Why the fuck was Rubio against South Korea and Japan having a nuclear weapon? Who gives a shit?

On policy he's not wrong that the US is not interested in more nuclear-armed nations, even in the case of our allies. What Rubio is ignoring is that South Korea and Japan, overwhelmingly, don't want nuclear weapons. And politically, no republican primary voters care about Japanese and South Korean US policy.

Teggy

When it comes time, Bernie better get up there and say, "OK, kids, we gave it our best shot and made ourselves heard. Wall Street. Bankers. Billions and Billions. Wall Street. But now, it's real. Two words for you: President Trump. You get out there and vote for Hillary, and don't complain. If I see one of you whining on Reddit I will find you and kick the ever-living shit out of you." In a Brooklyn accent.

Ekai

When it comes time, Bernie better get up there and say, "OK, kids, we gave it our best shot and made ourselves heard. Wall Street. Bankers. Billions and Billions. Wall Street. But now, it's real. Two words for you: President Trump. You get out there and vote for Hillary, and don't complain. If I see one of you whining on Reddit I will find you and kick the ever-living shit out of you." In a Brooklyn accent.

Get it. Because Bernie is a one-issue candidate. It's not like he has a varied view on numerous issues. Not at all.

benjipwns

Banned
He has zero reason to stay in after losing Tuesday. Zero. RNC will convince him to drop.

Tomorrow is a stretch, but I wouldn't put it past the RNC to be already hassling him about it. He had a terrible performance tonight. Trump destroyed him.
Cruz has far more money left than everyone among the non-billionaire candidates.

Kasich and Carson are probably broke now, Rubio has to be shoveling it out hand over fist even faster than he was so he could be close and he's unlikely to beat Cruz in amassed delegates.

They all work for the New York and Washington press.

Slacker

My wife walked by and asked why on MSNBC it said "BREAKING NEWS" over "Republicans face off in Texas debate." I don't know, dear. I just don't know.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2016/02/trump-leads-rubio-even-head-to-head-in-florida.html

Finally we find that 38% of Florida voters think it's possible that Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer. 10% say he for sure is, and another 28% say that they are just not sure. Cruz is exonerated from being a toddler serial killer by 62% of the Sunshine State populace.

Toddler is being generous Cruz wasn't born during the first murder. Maybe he's got a time machine or borrowed Obama's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom