• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
I actually wonder if the GOP would have a better shot of blocking Trump's path to a majority if Rubio dropped out. Kasich plays better in the midwest and northeastern WTA states left and unlike Rubio would win his home state if the race consolidated.

If Rubio dropped out now, Trump would swoop up Florida and this thing is done.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I actually wonder if the GOP would have a better shot of blocking Trump's path to a majority if Rubio dropped out. Kasich plays better in the midwest and northeastern WTA states left and unlike Rubio would win his home state if the race consolidated.

Kasich is probably the one guy they have who could have pulled it off. He's been playing "the one sane man in the asylum" for most of the primary and that's how you beat Trump. You let him do his thing and constantly call him out on how crazy he is, it'd make him look crazier and him saner by comparison. You don't follow him down into the mudpits, you get the hose and you spray him.

Holmes

Which by extension is Obama's policy.

And, yes you did. Can't grab the link right now but it's on Politico.
Wow... is this their strategy in the Rust Belt... if the talking points from a Democratic campaign sound like the talking points from the 2012 Republican candidate's campaign then there's something wrong.

If Rubio dropped out now, Trump would swoop up Florida and this thing is done.

Trump is already in that position in Florida. Rubio's chances in Florida are slim and the only thing he really has going for him is a prayer that he can swing 15+ points in two weeks against a candidate whose supporters are especially firm and committed.

Kasich talk? Manky comin'.
O6p2ruA.gif

Trump is already in that position in Florida. Rubio's chances in Florida are slim and the only thing he really has going for him is a prayer that he can swing 15+ points in two weeks against a candidate whose supporters are especially firm and committed.

His superpacs are spending 25 million in anti Trump ads in Florida over the next 2 weeks.

Crazy talk

I don't know what you're talking about but I'm pretty sure you missed yesterday's results.

Fact: Kasich is old and no one likes him. His best result so far is a very distant 2nd place in NH and another 2nd place in, like, the smallest state that's even allowed to be a state, okay?
Fact: Kasich will never appeal to the Trump supporters who like his business-style approach. Kasich doesn't know the first thing about running a business. Kasich has never run a business in his life. Trump has hired thousands of people, probably tens of thousands, if we're going to be honest here. Kasich has hired exactly 0 people in his life.
Fact: Little Marco is a joke candidate, but at least he won something. Even if it's just a flyover state that no one cares about. Kasich has won exactly 0 states. He's 0 for 15. And he's probably going to lose Ohio too. I mean, Trump is way up in Ohio, okay? In pretty much all the polls Trump is winning. I mean, Kasich can't even win his own home state, how sad is that? Anyway, Kasich is a loser. Will always be a loser. He should have dropped out months ago. I really don't even know why he's still in this race, to be honest.

Cheebo

Banned

He had a similar lead in Virginia and look what happened there how it ended up very very close.

Sciz

BTW, The establishment fucked up big time and here's how. By not rallying around Kasich.

I can confirm that my dad wanted Kasich to take it months ago, but has zero intentions of voting for any of the other remaining GOP candidates in the general by virtue of them all being fucking nuts.

Does trump win if he gets lolrida but not lolhio?

It depends on other states. There are a lot of other WTA just as important as Ohio that aren't talked about enough, Missouri is worth almost as many delegates and is on March 15th too. Illinois and NC are proportional, but they are worth a lot of delegates too.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
And hello Rubio was helped out by every empty suit lover north of South Carolina.

The entire panhandle and other bumfuckia places are going hard for trump.

I think the only risk is that the next two weeks deflate him. At least today is quiet in terms of attacks from Rubio. Probably because he is taking his tear stained clothing to the dry cleaner.

Kasich was always their best choice. They never realized it for some reason. A Kasich/Haley ticket would have been everything. He is ideologically opposed to Trump, but he kept his powder dry. He's competent and has enough Tea Party wink wink nudge nudge.

Kasich also benefits from not terrifying the living shit out of me. He's terrible but he's not completely dangerous.

Cruz was almost able to cancel out all of Trump's wins yesterday just in Texas:

Updated GOP Super Tuesday delegate totals:
Trump 243
Cruz 220
Rubio 101

Fuchsdh

Kasich was always their best choice. They never realized it for some reason. A Kasich/Haley ticket would have been everything. He is ideologically opposed to Trump, but he kept his powder dry. He's competent and has enough Tea Party wink wink nudge nudge.

Kasich also benefits from not terrifying the living shit out of me. He's terrible but he's not completely dangerous.

He also just seems competent, and I'd much rather have the worst case scenario in the general be someone that I might disagree with a lot but can still be an effective leader. Right now though it's looking like Hillary vs. Trump and I don't like the idea of Trump winning. GAF might say that she's got it locked but I prefer the scenario where this was never a reality.

Jane Kelly being looked at for supreme court vacancy

Meh, the court really needs more diversity outside of just being a women or minority. How about someone who isn't a wealthy Ivy League graduate for once? Pick someone who graduated from Northwestern or a big 10 school or something like that. Not another dull east coast establishment type eww.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Trump 243
Cruz 220
Rubio 101

Hillary's campaign squad just popped a bottle of champagne. Hillary vs. Ted "Killing innocent children and letting people die in the streets so the government can't pay for healthcare" Cruz would be amazing.

HUELEN10

I VOTED TODAY!

I even got a sticker that states that I did. Voting IRL was painless, and I can't believe I've done nothing but absentee this whole time. Afterwards, met up and talked to some others in the Starbucks near the library, even met some Bernie voters who will vote Trump in general. Had some actual level-headed discussion.

Maybe IRL politics isn't that bad...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hillary's campaign squad just popped a bottle of champagne. Hillary vs. Ted "Killing innocent children and letting people die in the streets so the government can't pay for healthcare" Cruz would be amazing.

Watching her dismantle his slimy-bullshit-"I am secretly the Zodiac Killer"-ass would make my year.

Gotchaye

Kasich was always going to be a really hard sell in the primary because of the Medicaid expansion. Obamacare is the worst thing since slavery and he said it's what Jesus would have wanted. Donors don't feel like they have to try to pitch compassionate conservatism anymore.

Kasich was always going to be a really hard sell in the primary because of the Medicaid expansion. Obamacare is the worst thing since slavery and he said it's what Jesus would have wanted. Donors don't feel like they have to try to pitch compassionate conservatism anymore.

One of the few things I respect him for. Literally saving your life will do that to you.

I'm pretty sure poligaf is the only place on the internet that has Clinton supporters.
Yup only here literally no where else. Good news that the Reddit Primary is worth 2000 delegates.

Cruz would probably be a better GE candidate for the Democrats to face anyway. With Trump there's always that small possibility that he does SO WELL with working class whites that somehow this overcomes huge deficits with minorities. Cruz probably has a higher floor but a lower ceiling.

Trump 243
Cruz 220
Rubio 101

Who are all these people voting for Cruz? Jesus

Cruz would probably be a better GE candidate for the Democrats to face anyway. With Trump there's always that small possibility that he does SO WELL with working class whites that somehow this overcomes huge deficits with minorities. Cruz probably has a higher floor but a lower ceiling.
100% agree. Trump is weak but still a bit of a wild card. Cruz is just ridiculous.

HylianTom

Banned
Donald Trump saving that delicious Rick Scott endorsement until Friday.
Catching up, but I'm on-board with this theory. If he turns-in a lukewarm performance on Thursday night, this is his way to manipulate the news again.

If this theory is true, I wonder if the media will ever call him out on this manipulation technique.

Tesseract

Banned
Catching up, but I'm on-board with this theory. If he turns-in a lukewarm performance on Thursday night, this is his way to manipulate the news again.

If this theory is true, I wonder if the media will ever call him out on this manipulation technique.

Opposed to every other politician's manipulations, including hillary? Politics is social engineering, nobody but Bernie is really clean.

I don't know what you're talking about but I'm pretty sure you missed yesterday's results.

Fact: Kasich is old and no one likes him. His best result so far is a very distant 2nd place in NH and another 2nd place in, like, the smallest state that's even allowed to be a state, okay?
Fact: Kasich will never appeal to the Trump supporters who like his business-style approach. Kasich doesn't know the first thing about running a business. Kasich has never run a business in his life. Trump has hired thousands of people, probably tens of thousands, if we're going to be honest here. Kasich has hired exactly 0 people in his life.
Fact: Little Marco is a joke candidate, but at least he won something. Even if it's just a flyover state that no one cares about. Kasich has won exactly 0 states. He's 0 for 15. And he's probably going to lose Ohio too. I mean, Trump is way up in Ohio, okay? In pretty much all the polls Trump is winning. I mean, Kasich can't even win his own home state, how sad is that? Anyway, Kasich is a loser. Will always be a loser. He should have dropped out months ago. I really don't even know why he's still in this race, to be honest.

All you've demostrated is that you didn't understand most of what I argued.

Ekai

Kasich was always their best choice. They never realized it for some reason. A Kasich/Haley ticket would have been everything. He is ideologically opposed to Drumpf, but he kept his powder dry. He's competent and has enough Tea Party wink wink nudge nudge.

A wolf in sheep's clothing is just as if not more dangerous to me than the maniac who presents he is a maniac.
Plus the dude is vehemently against lgbt rights, racial minorities, and women's rights. He's both terrible and completely dangerous.

The establishment seemed to think Rubio could be the Republican Obama, but that's a serious misunderstanding of Obama's appeal.

As a former Ohio resident Kasich scared me the most as a potential opponent, since having an ounce of pragmatism gave him a reputation as a moderate when he's really not that far off from Scott Walker. In fact, I like to describe him as a smarter, more pragmatic Walker. The problem with his candidacy was always going to be that the exact thing that makes him scary in a general election (being seen as far more moderate than he actually is) really hurts him in a primary. That and he's known to have a nasty temper which has made him more than a few enemies and probably hurt his chances of getting more establishment support.

Opposed to every other politician's manipulations, including hillary? Politics is social engineering, nobody but Bernie is really clean.
Can Bernie walk on water too? Just because his campaign is not savvy enough to utilize the media doesn't make him a better candidate. They've been unable to control a single media cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom