• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangi

It's not at all a real charge when one can literally just listen to the man or look up his views on the various issues. To not even educate yourself on what his beliefs are is just odd to me.

To your edit: That has literally nothing to do with this conversation. But as a member of the LGBT community myself, I am getting quite tired of this attitude around Bernie in particular. Suggesting, as I've seen some argue, that you aren't a true member of the LGBT community for supporting the man/anyone actually concerned/effected by LGBT issues would never support him and must support Hillary because look at the stuff she did.
And I've had that thrown my way for not supporting Bernie, who totally has a better record on LGBT rights. The "he's always supported gay marriage!" stretch of the truth has been a bludgeon of choice.

But either way, it pales in comparison to what black voters have gone through and are about to go through...

Armaros

It's not at all a real charge when one can literally just listen to the man or look up his views on the various issues. To not even educate yourself on what his beliefs are is just odd to me.

To your edit: That has literally nothing to do with this conversation. But as a member of the LGBT community myself, I am getting quite tired of this attitude around Bernie in particular. Suggesting, as I've seen some argue, that you aren't a true member of the LGBT community for supporting the man/anyone actually concerned/effected by LGBT issues would never support him and must support Hillary because look at the stuff she did.

Um did I say anything like about that regarding LGBT issues? No, I was saying how his supporters are constantly parroting this falsehood that Bernie was always for Gay Marriage and that Hillary is untrustworthy because she changed her position in the last 5-10 years.

Guess what? Bernie did the same, so people need to stop Demonizing candidates that have the same positions and evolved in the exact same way to those positions, Bernie might have evolved earlier but he evolved just the same.

gcubed

...did i step into the mirror universe on my way home from that workout

How long were you looking at the mirror?

... I'm watching the debate... I'm about halfway in and I'm still scratching my head as to how people thought Rubio won.

Ugh this is full of idiocy

Edit... I can't take any person who supports Trump seriously.

So I only watched a 30 second clip of the debate with all 3 yelling over each other.

Good god. We're really close to Idiocracy here, folks. I mean, really fucking close.

These debates don't have very high ratings and are mostly watched by people who either support one of these candidates or support Hillary/Bernie.

But just imagine for a second these debates got the same ratings the first GE debate would get.

Please, tell me, the GOP would die in a fire as a result. What a shit show...

So I only watched a 30 second clip of the debate with all 3 yelling over each other.

Good god. We're really close to Idiocracy here, folks. I mean, really fucking close.

These debates don't have very high ratings and are mostly watched by people who either support one of these candidates or support Hillary/Bernie.

But just imagine for a second these debates got the same ratings the first GE debate would get.

Which 30 second clip of them telling over each other. There were several.

Armaros

So who will Fox root for in the General, Hillary or Trump?

Because talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place

I think they would lose their viewer ship if they supported Hillary. I don't know if their hardcore base would forgive them of that cardinal sin.

Even if they wanted too, which they don't, they couldn't afford to.

Ekai

Who in the world has ever tied being a member of the LGBT community to supporting Bernie Sanders?

...did i step into the mirror universe on my way home from that workout

I was responding to that posters edit regarding LGBT matters. It had nothing to do with the topic at hand but it brings up a point I've seen a few times on Gaf about how you can't be a member of the LGBT community and support Bernie or "aren't effected by lgbt issues if you support Bernie/why don't you support Hillary, here's what she's done for the LGBT community". Ironically it reads to me like the LGBT community is used as a weapon by Hillary supporters in that case to defame Bernie and anyone who is LGBT and supports him. Which is just ridiculous. One can be LGBT and support whatever candidate they wish.

Um did I say anything like about that regarding LGBT issues? No, I was saying how his supporters are constantly parroting this falsehood that Bernie was always for Gay Marriage and that Hillary is untrustworthy because she changed her position in the last 5-10 years.

Guess what? Bernie did the same, so people need to stop Demonizing candidates that have the same positions and evolved in the exact same way to those positions, Bernie might have evolved earlier but he evolved just the same.

I was responding to how you described LGBT being used as a weapon by Bernie supporters. Frankly I've experienced the reverse and it's sickened me really. I still support Hillary along with Bernie (as they are fairly similar) but the behavior of some of her supporters are another story.

I'm not demonizing Hillary either so why you have to go on that offensive I don't know.

And I've had that thrown my way for not supporting Bernie, who totally has a better record on LGBT rights. The "he's always supported gay marriage!" stretch of the truth has been a bludgeon of choice.

But either way, it pales in comparison to what black voters have gone through and are about to go through...

Well, there are lies spread regarding Bernie's views and history on social issues. That said I'm not denying parts of his history on that either. That also said you nor anyone else should have to deal with that weaponizing as well that has been the behavior of a few.

GnawtyDog

Banned

Don't see Dems doing squat so far. All I see is the Dem leadership trying to desperately get media attention to the SCOTUS issue and so far, not much...pathetic really. We'll see....

Remember, the GOP should of been permanently damaged for close to a decade after 08. 2016 - how did that went? Only plus is Trump hijacking and destroying the party from within - no thanks to Dems. Unless he's a plant of Bills - unlikely as that is, and that would still be just Bill, not DNC leadership.

CCS

Banned
It's 3 am and I'm watching the 1992 election returns on YouTube. Every time they say Clinton wins a state I pretend it's Hillary.

Man, I went to bed towards the end of the debate, got three and a half hours sleep. Why do I follow US politics?

I'm watching Sanders with Chris Matthews. Damn he got eviscerated.
I know. I won't lie and say I didn't enjoy parts of it. I have a weird relationship with Matthews. Sometimes I want to just slap him. Other times I want to hug him. It's all very confusing.

I haven't been paying attention as a sort of experiment and from my limited viewings ofmy usual media sources, the media has gone all in with the 'Rubio wins against Trump tonight' narrative.

I can't wait to see Trump's reaction to this.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I haven't been paying attention as a sort of experiment and from my limited viewings ofmy usual media sources, the media has gone all in with the 'Rubio wins against Trump tonight' narrative.

Yeah, but that's how the media says every debate goes. I don't think the media has said Trump has won a single debate yet.

CCS

Banned
Wolf Blitzer is a disgrace incidentally. A man with a name like that should not be so easily railroaded by the candidates. What an embarrasment.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
"Hey Mitch, take a look out the window".

...That's not gonna fly :(
Same sex marriage was legalized via the courts in a relatively short period of time... so uh, yadda yadda yadda free tuition. One million young people giving Mitch McConnell the stink eye! Political revolution!

Farmboy

He's already on Twitter posting all the online polls that say he won and "retweeting" (i.e. quoting tweets) of his supporters. As per usual.

Also, Mark Halperin apparently gave him an A-,
so now I'm wondering if Trump maybe really did have a bad night lol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
He's already on Twitter posting all the online polls that say he won and "retweeting" (i.e. quoting tweets) of his supporters. As per usual.

Also, Mark Halperin apparently gave him an A-,
so now I'm wondering if Trump maybe really did have a bad night lol

All in all, Trump handled the attacks ok. I think since this is the first time he was really attacked, people are overreacting a bit.

I didn't see anything last night that could make Rubio overcome 15 point deficits by Tuesday.

Cerium

All in all, Trump handled the attacks ok. I think since this is the first time he was really attacked, people are overreacting a bit.

I didn't see anything last night that could make Rubio overcome 15 point deficits by Tuesday.

If anything the way they were all piling on him made it even more obvious that he's the outsider. Rubio and Cruz have both taken hits to their image, they're now both seen as career politicians, and them teaming up against Trump might actually work against them.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I do find it funny that Rubio still got 3rd in Google trends all night. I wonder if he just doesn't register with the base.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think that Rubio did very, very well last night and will benefit. Trump, honestly, if his supporters were anywhere near approaching normal, would have been turned off by his inability to describe anything in any detail whatsoever, but instead I think they're more likely to be turned off by the fact that he kinda got embarrassed by Rubio. I'd also say WTF at the Planned Parenthood line, but he's already said that and no1curr'd. He also clarified that he'd defund it. That one exchange is the only, to me, really damaging moment for him in the eyes of the average Trump supporter. I don't think anyone cares about polish workers or the fact that he hires people from Home Depot pickup lines in Florida (seriously, this was Rubio's first line of attack?).

Overall, Trump sort of rebalanced throughout the debate but unfortunately landed most of his hits on Cruz. We already know Cruz is finished. There was no need to go after him to the degree he did.

I think what is more key is actually how Trump paints Rubio over the next set of rallies. He needs to stick to a really firm message and just beat the shit out of it. Can we get Mika and Joe to help please?

I think four days is a long time and it's very possible numbers can shift a ton.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
“Rubio did something big here,” said Curt Anderson, a former Republican National Committee political director who guided Bobby Jindal’s campaign

Why do people ask these people this shit? It'd be better to ask Retromelon.

CCS

Banned
I don't think that debate will hurt Trump too much with his base, but it does show how many vulnerabilities he'd have in the general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom