• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekai

Just wanted to say: I'm a big Hillary supporter who thinks Bernie running has been a very positive thing for all involved
and I don't just say that because of Larry David on SNL, but yeah, that too
. Always liked him, always will.

You're the rarest unicorn of them all.

120v

When the middle and working classes are no better off now than they were in the winter of 2008/2009, an establishment politician like Hillary can be a very easy target for anger

most middle and working class are better off. y'know, remember that whole global economic meltdown thing

Lol

I actually had a really good time at the bar & grill that I went to earlier today. Bartender was hot AND flirtatious. I ended up drinking 3 long islands (top shelf) and 2 white russians. I'm still a little tipsy, but not nearly as drunk as I was earlier today when I came in here and declared my love for all of you guys, lol

I made raspberry mojito cupcakes. And then I drank the moijtos.

So I made white cupcakes.

Just wanted to say: I'm a big Hillary supporter who thinks Bernie running has been a very positive thing for all involved
and I don't just say that because of Larry David on SNL, but yeah, that too
. Always liked him, always will.

When you stop and think about it, we're all still on the same team anyway :)

When you stop and think about it, we're all still on the same team anyway :)

Exactly! We're all Democrats.

You know...except for Bernie.

tumblr_mtr9seEvW31sjdywro2_500.gif

:p

That's assuming Trump couldn't peel away disaffected middle and working class voters with his anti-establishment rhetoric. You're acting like every vote for Obama in 2012 is a lock for Hillary in 2016.

Well not *all* of them but I fully expect Clinton to run up huge majorities among blacks, Hispanics, and white women. Trump will probably get some white men who stayed home in 2016. But working class white men are already the smallest part of the Dem coalition. This gets countered by Republicans crossing over to Clinton or staying home. Unless Trump can expand past his white male base I don't see how he even makes that close.

most middle and working class are better off. y'know, remember that whole global economic meltdown thing

Not really. Wage gains have been meager at best, jobs are hard to find for working people with abusive and exploitative working conditions and cities are becoming uninhabitable due to skyrocketing housing prices.

For the majority of Americans they're still stuck in 2008.

Tesseract

Banned
is trump really gop tho, the man whose favorite book is the bible

great man jesus such a big beautiful cross and great cup he was a carpenter i'm a builder close enough right do we love god or what ah geeze i'll tell ya

Well not *all* of them but I fully expect Clinton to run up huge majorities among blacks, Hispanics, and white women. Trump will probably get some white men who stayed home in 2016. But working class white men are already the smallest part of the Dem coalition. This gets countered by Republicans crossing over to Clinton or staying home. Unless Trump can expand past his white male base I don't see how he even makes that close.

Because, they're gonna vote for me becaue I'm a winner. Right? Yuge winner. I don't lose. I win. And men get that. And the blacks? They want jobs again, so they'll vote for me. And, look, I love Hispanics. I hire them. They love me. And they're going to vote for me in yuge numbers. Because, they want the wall too. Do you hear me? They. Want. The. Wall. Too. And I will be bigger among women than anyone else who has ever run. Ever. My hands? They're yuge. Women, when they're not bleeding out of their whatevers, just love that. Love it. It's beautiful. It's beautiful.

PredictIt markets are boring as fuck right now.

Nothing good unless you want to roll the dice on upcoming caucus states for which we have literally zero polling data.

Jane Kelly for Supreme Court is at 35 cents right now due to that one NYT report, which could be worth shorting, I guess. But then there's always the possibility that he actually nominates her.

I'm down like $600 because a bunch of idiots decided to dump Trump shares.

Florida went up a little while ago. I managed to buy in at 75c. Should be at 90 after the next poll.

Not really. Wage gains have been meager at best, jobs are hard to find and cities are becoming uninhabitable due to skyrocketing housing prices.

For the majority of Americans they're still stuck in 2008.

Her best argument is going to be "We've just begun to recover and the way forward is not to undo all of the progress we've made since then."

Also, in 2008-09 you could not find a job. Now, you probably can. That's already a huge difference. They're not always the best jobs but being able to find one is a big deal. It's hard to argue that "Obamacare kills jobs" when you can't find any proof it's doing so.

Hillary's biggest problem is going to be union workers who decide to go against leadership.

Gruco

Banned
The media has largely turned on him. They're not buying into his narrative anymore.

And only after a mere 5 months of failing to accomplish anything on the campaign trail. Poor Marco. If only people were willing to give him more time. And also more chances. And more money. And run his campaign for him, and replace him with a different candidate. He was so close.

Makai

And only after a mere 5 months of failing to accomplish anything on the campaign trail. Poor Marco. If only people were willing to give him more time. And also more chances. And more money. And run his campaign for him, and replace him with a different candidate.
Hey, he won a state! Momentasota

Chris Matthews is right - the would be disenfranchising Republican voters if Donald Trump get close to the total number of delegates that he never needs and they broker a convention and rob him of the nomination.

Oh lawd I just realized I'll be in Washington on the 15th, I'm gonna be savoring those GOP establishment tears I can practically taste them.

Gruco

Banned
Lol I like how big of a deal they were making about him maybe winning Virginia, but then he actually wins a state and no one gives a shit.

In all seriousness, if Rubio got an extra few points in VA people would probably be back to the relentless Rubio hype, ignoring his delegate threshold flops, and talking about how this is his time to surge. Because primaries.

Slayven

I think Jeb is coming out better than Rubio.

Jeb never had the false light of being a frontrunner shined on him

Rubio had that and had it snatched away in a 48 hour period.

The Minnesota caucuses are only an estimated ten percent non-white so you can't get good exit polling based on racial breakdown anyway; but even setting that aside there were no exit polls.

The only place that he won that was exit polled was southern OK, where the 14% black vote share split 71 / 27; which is better than other places. But still not great.

Kangi

I think Jeb is coming out better than Rubio.

Jeb never had the false light of being a frontrunner shined on him

Rubio had that and had it snatched away in a 48 hour period.

At least Jeb has the Bush name to fall back on. "Rubio" will become synonymous with malfunctioning robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom