• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sabato evaluated the damage a Trump nominee would have on downticket races.

He would move IL, CO and WI to Likely D, NH, PA, FL and NV to Lean D, OH to Tossup, NC, IN, and MO to Lean R and IA (!) to Likely R.

That would mean Dem-favored seats would put them at a Senate majority already with the possibility of winning 57 seats (I believe Arizona is already Lean or Likely R).

I wouldn't use Sabato's analysis for anything.

Crocodile

I stopped reading dkos pretty early in Obama's presidency. I couldn't handle the cesspool of sellout accusations. I've been catching up on kos's commentary for this election, and man, I seriously love him. He's a great analyst but has no pretense about coming at everything from a bare-knuckled "democrats first" perspective.

Some recent highlights:

Cenk could take some lessons on how to be a good liberal shill.

Whoever you're quoting deserves a cookie. They are doing God's work

thefro

I stopped reading dkos pretty early in Obama's presidency. I couldn't handle the cesspool of sellout accusations. I've been catching up on kos's commentary for this election, and man, I seriously love him. He's a great analyst but has no pretense about coming at everything from a bare-knuckled "democrats first" perspective.

Some recent highlights:

Cenk could take some lessons on how to be a good liberal shill.

kos has always been pretty good... it's the other people on his site that are annoying.

Bowdz

The four years of necessary compromises with Dumocrats to keep the federal government from imploding,

This.

There is pretty much no way Ryan will be viable after 4 years as Speaker. His only shot was this year before he has to compromise. Look at Boehner and McConnell's numbers right now. Republicans loathe them and they have done everything in their power to bow to the far right.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Fox News turning on Romney is absolute gold here.

CCS

Banned
Josh Barro ‏@jbarro 1h1 hour ago

Mitt Romney, son of George Romney, CEO of American Motors, attacks Donald Trump for being an heir who acts like a business genius.

I could do this for hours.

"Trumps health care plan isn't bad"

Oh my god I want to punch people. It's basically just going back to what was before Obamacare, which only benefits the rich. Fucking hell.

ApharmdX

Banned
The man statesman for one of the two American political parties literally just gave a speech telling people to orchestrate a brokered convention so that they can steal the nomination from the person their voters want.

This literally just happened.

This is madness. I didn't think in my lifetime to see one of the two major political parties in the US imploding on itself. That's what is happening here.

Romney: "It's time for me to stop a racist campaign."

Romney: "I'll start by praising 'A Time for Choosing' "

STFU, you racist, ratfucking pigfucker.

The republicans are racist. No more proof needed than gerrymandering. That isn't their true problem with Trump. It's because he won't take money from corporate interests like the Koch brothers.

Andrea Mitchell must have an orgasm every time she says the word "email"

It's the only thing that makes sense.

Well...that and she hates the Clintons....

Depends on how closely the House vote would track to the presidential race - Democrats would need at least a 7-point edge on the House generic ballot just to make majority control a tossup, and I could see Congressional Republicans running ahead of him. Maybe like ten points?

Speaking of, I know polls at this point are useless but good lawd....

Reuters/Ipsos poll:

Clinton 47 / Cruz 32
Clinton 46 / Trump 35
Sanders 48 / Cruz 30
Sanders 46 / Trump 46

CDX

Question: Is there any legal way I, as a dirty Yurpean, can donate to senate races and/or Hillary's campaign?

I suppose I could do it "through" one of you guys, but is that legal?

No. I doubt you could even legally donate to Super PACs, but I'm not sure about SuperPACs.

Though, I think you MIGHT be allowed to phonebank.

Andrea has Sander's wife on there and the first question is about Hillary's emails.

Good god girl get a grip.

And Bernie is losing according to Sander's wife because the super delegates...have somehow negated the 200 delegate advantage she has over him? Ya...girl. No

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Donate to her Super PAC.

Actually I'm not even sure if that's allowed.
Don't encourage anyone to donate to a Super Pac.
Has fox actually turned, or are yall reading into stuff? I know Hannity CRUSHED Rubio last night.
We'll see how the debate goes tonight. Is it far fetched though that Fox News, a channel that journalist have found is knowingly manipulated by Roger Ailes, would change their tune based on his opinion?
That DWS burn was hot fire, love it.
Something we can agree upon!

Speaking of, I know polls at this point are useless but good lawd....

Clinton 47 / Cruz 32
Clinton 46 / Trump 35
Sanders 48 / Cruz 30
Sanders 46 / Trump 46
Would be nice if that held, it would make November a cakewalk with the House as the icing.

Is Sanders tied with Trump or is that a typo? Usually he romps Trump but I would also attribute that to Sanders being a blank slate to most voters at the moment.

Grief.exe

In retrospect, McCain and Romney were significantly better candidates than those on the Republican ticket in 2016.

Makes you wonder what caliber of candidates the GOP will drudge up in 2020, assuming there won't be a major party reformation.

Would be nice if that held, it would make November a cakewalk with the House as the icing.

Is Sanders tied with Trump or is that a typo? Usually he romps Trump but I would also attribute that to Sanders being a blank slate to most voters at the moment.

Sanders and Trump supporters overlap

something to with being anti-establishment I believe

Had a friend on FB (same guy who said Clinton's wins in red states weren't important) claim Hillary was against Dodd-Frank. The only article either of us could find indicating this was from Free Beacon and it was some really vague connection about Hillary wanting to cut regulations making it difficult for farmers to get home loans and the writer's like "SEE SHE FLIPFLOPPED ON DODD-FRANK"

He agreed to drop it at least, after the only other source backing it up was GOP.com...

Yeah its actually Sanders 46 / Trump 36

Blame this guy: https://twitter.com/jonathanhsinger
That's what I thought.

So Clinton does better against Trump, Sanders better against Cruz. But it's meaningless at this point anyway

HylianTom

Banned
I can't remember a campaign cycle where I've woken-up every single day and asked, "ok.. what goofy-ass thing is going to happen today? What's next?"

I can't remember a campaign cycle where I've woken-up every single day and asked, "ok.. what goofy-ass thing is going to happen today? What's next?"
Yeah there were some moments like that in 2012 but it was usually just the sideshow, the Romney campaign was pretty standard.

NeoXChaos

Oklahoma

CcpEPu7WAAA-PgI.jpg:large

Sanders used to severely outperform Clinton against Trump but that's changed starting a couple of weeks ago. Now they perform about the same(while Sanders still beats her with Cruz and Rubio).

Polls are of course early, but I have to wonder if the #NeverTrump conservatives are finally making up Clinton's deficit with anti-establishment types.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So Sanders supporters in OK want both more liberal policies AND less liberal policies? How does this work? Just "yolo change anti-establishment" voting?

That or they just imprinted themselves onto him like some people in the OT are doing with Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom