• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
You what? Did all Sanders voters change their mind halfway through answering this question?

Some policies more liberal some policies less. Guns are a sticking point, I'd be willing to bet.

Not that Obama's done much on guns, but you know how the NRA types get.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Fox News uniting behind Trump will make for a fascinating debate tonight. Could Rubio and Cruz finally get some tough questions?

Bronx-Man

Banned
I can't remember a campaign cycle where I've woken-up every single day and asked, "ok.. what goofy-ass thing is going to happen today? What's next?"

2012 felt like that until Romney got the nom. Even then, shit got pretty weird. But this right here is like some surreal version of Game of Thrones.

Grief.exe

Conservative Dems who hate Obama are using Sanders as a protest against Clinton, who they see as an extension of Obama.

Which is ironic considering both Obama and Clinton are center right, of course she has come to that left to appeal to Bernie voters during the nomination process.

Love Trump's spokeswoman said. "You have republicans patting themselves on the back for cutting food stamps, while they give millions and millions of dollars to each other, that is not Republican."

So Sanders supporters in OK want both more liberal policies AND less liberal policies? How does this work? Just "yolo change anti-establishment" voting?

The percentages on the left are the percentages of people who were asked the following question. Do you want the next President to: continue Obama's policies / use more liberal policies / use less liberal policies.

OF the people who answered each of those choices you are seeing a breakdown of whether they voted Clinton or Sanders. So, of the 28% of people who want less liberal policies than Obama's, 24% supported Clinton and 59% supported Sanders.

Clear?

Which is ironic considering both Obama and Clinton are center right, of course she has come to that left to appeal to Bernie voters during the nomination process.

Baseless drivel. They are right of Sanders. They aren't right of center. Perhaps on one or two issues, but overall both are quite liberal and their voting records show it.

Maledict

Conservative Dems who hate Obama are using Sanders as a protest against Clinton, who they see as an extension of Obama.

Yep - in 2008 Hillary benefited from this in reverse, and won stinking margins in certain states due to simple hostility towards Obama (e.g. West Virginia). Now the same is happening again but the other way around - there's a group of voters out there who would vote for Stalin if they were standing in opposition to Obama.

effzee

I haven't read in detail the Trumpcare plan but its so weird and odd to me that he has the best idea for the Palestinian and Israeli conflict.

To think someone would suggest you have to be neutral but then that person turns out to be Trump.

:(

Maledict

That's utter nonsense. Neither Obama or Clinton are centre right by any definition of the term, even European left wing countries. People need to start actually looking at policy positions and voting records rather than spouting this drivel and pretending Sander's is the only left wing person in the USA.

Crocodile

The percentages on the left are the percentages of people who were asked the following question. Do you want the next President to: continue Obama's policies / use more liberal policies / use less liberal policies.

OF the people who answered each of those choices you are seeing a breakdown of whether they voted Clinton or Sanders. So, of the 28% of people who want less liberal policies than Obama's, 24% supported Clinton and 59% supported Sanders.

Clear?

All you're telling me is that I read the graph correctly. My question is, why would those who want less liberal policies than Obama vote for Sanders over Clinton? Granted the two aren't that far apart on the majority of issues but I feel comfortable in saying there are more issues Clinton leans right of Sanders than issues Sanders leans right of Clinton. I'm guessing imprinting and anti-Clinton votes are the reasons as others have said.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Love Trump's spokeswoman said. "You have republicans patting themselves on the back for cutting food stamps, while they give millions and millions of dollars to each other, that is not Republican."

And this is the exact line of thought Trump needs to be hitting again and again in his debates. THIS is what appeals to the lower-income GOP, of which there are a ton.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Oklahoma

CcpEPu7WAAA-PgI.jpg:large

The cross-tabbing on this is totally wrong. Why are the percentages aggregated across row rather than by column or by cell? Is this an exit poll? What's the n for each column?

Bowdz

I haven't read in detail the Trumpcare plan but its so weird and odd to me that he has the best idea for the Palestinian and Israeli conflict.

To think someone would suggest you have to be neutral but then that person turns out to be Trump.

:(

I will forever love Trump if he pushes Hillary to the left on Israel in the general. America needs to be a neutral arbiter and Barry-O is about as close as we've gotten since Eisenhower. The spectrum needs to be reset to the center.

Sianos

they said they wanted a political revolution - but they didn't say in which direction

on that note, one of my collegiate acquaintances says that if bernie loses the nomination, her second choice is rubio because hillary is "too right wing and corporate"

HOW?????

edit: through the power of tangents during group conversation, this person now sees the Truth regarding little rubio and understands that voting for obama's third term isn't that bad - hooray for discussion!!

Ecotic

Trump has his face saving excuse now if he loses in November: he could have won if the party elites had gotten in line.

Foffy

Banned
they said they wanted a political revolution - but they didn't say in which direction

on that note, one of my collegiate acquaintances says that if bernie loses the nomination, her second choice is rubio because hillary is "too right wing and corporate"

HOW?????

Corporate, I can at least entertain.

Right? Is it right by first world standards? Because by American standards, they're at worst central.

FiggyCal

Banned

HOW?????

For whatever reason, Hillary Clinton is seen as a corporate candidate and a war hawk. It's probably Bernie's fault.

Why is the Sanders team still going full attack on Hillary? If he's really supposed to be a message candidate, this is just kinda terrible.

I don't know but I've kind of stopped paying attention to it. If your defense to losing every state in the south is "they'll be red in November", you've already lost.

HOW?????
She's and idiot

Holmes

So Sanders supporters in OK want both more liberal policies AND less liberal policies?
Look at 2008 and 2012 primary election data, and superimpose 2008 and 2012 general election data. If you want a bigger picture, look at recent Senate election data in the state too. It'll start to come together.

Look at 2008 and 2012 primary election data, and superimpose 2008 and 2012 general election data. If you want a bigger picture, look at recent Senate election data in the state too. It'll start to come together.

Until you look at the MA exit polls and see it's not just those regions.

My mom doesn't have the temperament to be governor.

Someone pisses her off she'll call them a "Fuck head."

One time, someone cut her off, she stopped the car in the middle of the road, got out of the car and asked the woman if she was "Stupid or sorry, because it has to be one of those."
Let's be honest.. We live in a post-Donald Trump world and you live in Ohio.

She'd win in a landslide if she were to go out like that.

Can I have whatever he has? Cause that must be some gooood shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom