• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer24

Banned
I expect full on panic mode in Europe. This is the Most isolationist an American presidential contender has argued since after World War 1.

Sure, he has a slim chance.

I mean, in the sense that I also have a slim chance to get tag teamed by Shawn Ashmore and Tom Ellis? Sure. It's not mathematically impossible, yet, the chance is still less than 0, but not by much.

IPSOS/Reuters

Hillary 54 (49)
Bernie 40 (44)

That's a 9 point swing in Hillary's favor. She was +5 last release, now at +14.

Trump 41
Rubio 20
Cruz 16
Carson 10
Kasich 10

Trump -1, Rubio +7, Cruz -6

fantomena

A chance relying entirely on Hillary being indicted and hauled off to jail. Literally nothing else will give Sanders the nomination.

I know he won't become the nominee, I still was hoping he would so maybe USA could become closer to a western European democracy and not still be a slowpoke.

Tarkus

HillaryYardSign.JPG

Diablos

Go away Bernie. Great job you're doing trying to unite the party. This guy is a narcissistic hypocritical JERK.

He's gonna take this to the convention. He keeps accepting money which really doesn't make any sense. Why else would he be doing it?

I swear he's gonna go third party. Wouldn't that be something; Trump gets everyone in the GOP to roll over for him and Bernie ends up being the one throwing a wedge into the entire election. His statements lately are totally unacceptable.

This kind of attack is beneath Sanders. It's a drive-by, oversimplified attack. What's happened to Detroit, to much of the Rust Belt, long predates the Clintons' presence on the national political stage.

You can expect much worse in the future, considering who's at the helm of Bernie's campaign.

PBY

Banned
Go away Bernie. Great job you're doing trying to unite the party. This guy is a narcissistic hypocritical JERK.

He's gonna take this to the convention. He keeps accepting money which really doesn't make any sense. Why else would he be doing it?

I swear he's gonna go third party. Wouldn't that be something; Trump gets everyone in the GOP to roll over for him and Bernie ends up being the one throwing a wedge into the entire election. His statements lately are totally unacceptable.

lmao stahp

this is peak tho

I'm not quite sure if Bernie knows what he is doing. Surely he knows that Hillary will just defend Obama and go after him with that statement; it will even make him look worse with AAs during the debate. This is completely stupid. Does he think that AAs will blame Hillary too?

NeoXChaos

I'm not quite sure if Bernie knows what he is doing. Surely he knows that Hillary will just defend Obama and go after him with that statement; it will even make him look worse with AAs during the debate. This is completely stupid. Does he think that AAs will blame Hillary too?

exactly. Devine and Weaver are poisoning his mind.

Putzweg

Any italians here? Dont you think Trump reminds you of Beppe Grillo mixed with Berlusconi? Its the swagger succesful billionaire and former playboy mixed with a common sense "truth teller" and real talker accusing the current politicians as stupid idiots.

Tesseract

Banned

His statements lately, sounds like he's ready to win

I hope he hits harder

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The thing I don't understand is why the GOP didn't try to control the Trump thing until it was too late. Basically everyone knew it was something they needed to do a month or two before the first caucuses.

Ophelion

The thing I don't understand is why the GOP didn't try to control the Trump thing until it was too late. Basically everyone knew it was something they needed to do a month or two before the first caucuses.

Maybe they were expecting something more along the lines of what's happening on the Democratic side thus far: that all the noise the outsider candidate is making wouldn't actually convert to votes or delegates.

Obviously, at some point they realized they'd made a terrible mistake. Probably realized it much too late.

Last poll has Hillary crushing Bernie 61-33% in Michigan

I expect that margin to get larger. Bernie will continue to win lilly-white caucus states (including those in *gasp* Republican states that apparently according to his campaign and surrogates don't mean anything) and lose everywhere else

By March 15th, his campaign will be hopeless and we won't even hear Clinton talk about Sanders on the trail anymore.

Last poll has Hillary crushing Bernie 61-33% in Michigan

I expect that margin to get larger. Bernie will continue to win lilly-white caucus states (including those in *gasp* Republican states that apparently according to his campaign and surrogates don't mean anything) and lose everywhere else

By March 15th, his campaign will be hopeless and we won't even hear Clinton talk about Sanders on the trail anymore.
She barely talks about him now.

So, complete back of envelope delegate math here.

Assuming Bernie wins KS and NE 60/40, and takes Maine 70/30, and somehow manages to get 32% of the vote in Louisiana, he will get 73 delegates to Hillary's 61.

I think we all agree that March 8th will belong to Hillary as it's Michigan and Mississippi. That would give her (using current polling with all undecideds breaking to Bernie) 115 delegates to Bernie's 51.

Then we have March 15th. Even if I give Bernie the win in Ohio and Missouri (No polls, no idea how that will turn out), the best I can come up for him would be Hillary: 387, Bernie: 303. (This is like giving him a 50/50 split in freaking NC, btw)

That means, through March 5th and March 15th:

Hillary 563
Bernie 427

With currently allocated delegates:

Hillary 1172
Bernie 839

A lead of 333 delegates.

With Supers:
Hillary 1629
Bernie 861

This kind of attack is beneath Sanders. It's a drive-by, oversimplified attack. What's happened to Detroit, to much of the Rust Belt, long predates the Clintons' presence on the national political stage.

Yeah it was fucking ridiculous to invoke Detroit like that and blame it on Democrats.

That is literally the gop line "Democrats have been incharge of all the major slums for 50 years! Who says they are good for black people?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom