• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drek

He sounds like a sore loser who is on the brink of telling Democrats to fuck off and run as an independent candidate.

He wouldn't do that, too transparent. He might continue to poison the well, give some strong nods to Stein and the Green Party, then endorse Clinton at the last possible minute to stay in good standing with the DNC. Then his "revolution" would be that extra bit needed to get a GOP POTUS and he can run again in 4 years when the "revolution" would be truly ready.

Sanders is a politician, he's been in office almost his entire life. He isn't going to run independent and sacrifice all relevance in the senate.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
The thing I don't understand is why the GOP didn't try to control the Trump thing until it was too late. Basically everyone knew it was something they needed to do a month or two before the first caucuses.

They tried and tried and tried...the media loves Trump because people find it entertaining...which also makes it seem like he is the front-runner because they only talk about him...which means more people are exposed to his ideas...therefor more people know what he is talking about/agree with what he is talking about...thus inevitably making him the front runner.

Pfft. After Bernie gets 100% of the vote in California that won't be looking so impressive.

Hes also going to get 200% in New York as well. Because New Yorkers are so sick of Wall Street, they're cannot wait to vote for Bernie.

(And the last sentence was something that was legitimately said on Reddit.)

NeoXChaos

So, complete back of envelope delegate math here.

Assuming Bernie wins KS and NE 60/40, and takes Maine 70/30, and somehow manages to get 32% of the vote in Louisiana, he will get 73 delegates to Hillary's 61.

I think we all agree that March 8th will belong to Hillary as it's Michigan and Mississippi. That would give her (using current polling with all undecideds breaking to Bernie) 115 delegates to Bernie's 51.

Then we have March 15th. Even if I give Bernie the win in Ohio and Missouri (No polls, no idea how that will turn out), the best I can come up for him would be Hillary: 387, Bernie: 303. (This is like giving him a 50/50 split in freaking NC, btw)

That means, through March 5th and March 15th:

Hillary 563
Bernie 427

With currently allocated delegates:

Hillary 1172
Bernie 839

A lead of 333 delegates.

With Supers:
Hillary 1629
Bernie 861

he's getting less than 20% here so.......and we will get OH from PPP in a few days

CCS

Banned
Sanders isn't going to have a chance past the 15th, so it would probably be sensible for him to suspend. Not saying he will.

We're going down, down, in an earlier round...

Sanders isn't going to have a chance past the 15th, so it would probably be sensible for him to suspend. Not saying he will.

Can we fast forward to go down on me? ;)

Even if Bernie got 60% of the vote in every state after March 15th, he would still lose.

Gruco

Banned
Hes also going to get 200% in New York as well. Because New Yorkers are so sick of Wall Street, they're cannot wait to vote for Bernie.

(And the last sentence was something that was legitimately said on Reddit.)

I think we can all agree that Hillary has peaked, and the rest of the map is hugely favorable to Sanders.

edit - to add some non-snark to this post, I was looking at the 2008 returns, and was surprised to see Obama's entire margin came from a 10 day stretch. I remembered his February winning streak being what sealed it, but I was surprised that it was all so condensed like that. Not really a hammering victory we can point to, but the slow consistent pickups was enough to put it all away.

PBY

Banned
Sarah Palin
‏@SarahPalinUSA_@tromney Heck, if you want sane, classy, empathetic, smart and civil, vote for @BarackObama again!! #TrumpTrain

Sarah... what are you trying to say here

Tarkus

Don't mind me, I'm watching you two from the closet

CCS

Banned
Sarah Palin
‏@SarahPalinUSA_@tromney Heck, if you want sane, classy, empathetic, smart and civil, vote for @BarackObama again!! #TrumpTrain

This is like the anti-intellectualism of parts of the right taken to its logical, most absurd extreme.

Sarah Palin

giphy.gif

Because, Americans are hurtin'. They're hurtin'. And wonderin' if we're gonna be hur tomorrow. And, we don't know. And also Jesus. So, you gotta vote for the man who maybe doesn't put his order in the right words, but is..also America.

: nods :

danm999

Sarah Palin

She knows what the absence of sane denotes right?

Nice to see the Sanders campaign have gone full GOP in their attacks. Creepy and horrible.

I've been saying for days now that Bernie's audience, the angry, white, anti-establishment voters, are all on the GOP side. Most Democrats are satisfied/complacent with the establishment. He would have had a better chance running for the GOP nomination this year. It makes sense that his campaign and Trump's campaign are starting to mirror each other.

leroidys

For real. This election has been the total inverse of the old democrats fall in love republicans fall in line thing

The existence of superdelegates is a disgrace
Super delegates are only about 15% of the total. I think that it's a sane thing for a party to have. See: Trump

You know, when Mitt Romney started his speech by saying that President Hillary Clinton is the worst outcome of Trump, I knew the rest of his speech was shit. You can't sell "this guy is terrible and unfit for the White House" while simultaneously telling these people that he's not the worst option. Party over country.

Kyosaiga

Banned
Sanders demonizes "Politics as usual". but run plays straight out of their rulebook.......
He's a total asshole and a sore loser. I had no doubt in my mind in 2008 that Hillary would go for the bat for Obama after she lost and she did. Can't say the same for Sanders. He seems like he'd be salty as fuck.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
GOP wishes they were smart enough to have pure proportional allocation and superdelegates.
I thought Republicans had super delegates, just much fewer.

I think I'm just going to ignore all the Bernie criticism from now on. People are getting over the top and he lost so why bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom