• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
At least Bernie is finally getting in that ass

If he gets close, it might be worth breaking off and going independent

that's dum tho

Still unconvinced about the value of a HFT tax but, like, whatever. Also seems a little mean to raise taxes a bunch on shale oil when they're already all about to go out of business. I doubt that will actually happen. If it does though it's totally their fault for voting for Sanders in Oklahoma.

I like the carried interest change. Not sure what mark to market actually does on derivatives. Kind of sad about the limits on Roths but that's totally selfishness on my part and it's not like I'm close to them.

I like the increase on the death tax because I think we should do whatever we can to discourage death.

NeoXChaos

Lots of things. I think those guys genuinely like their job and believe they are carrying on an important tradition/institution. There's also the feeling of importance and power that comes with being a noteworthy senator. And money/benefits obviously.

Grassley, Kerry, and other folks like that genuinely seem to enjoy helping people. They do a lot of stuff most people will never learn about; a lot of elected officials are very serious about the letters and pleas they receive from their state or district's citizens. Same applies to presidents.

Neo imagine if you had the ability to help multiple people in your state, help the businesses of your friends, travel the world, meet with presidents, live in DC (if that's your thing) for part of the year, make good money, and have countless lobbyists give you things. It's a pretty good gig, and most people would keep that job as long as possible. Being a senator is not for everyone...some people dislike it, like Obama. Or Rubio lol. But most seem to like it.

yeah but I'd do 2 terms and leave.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'd have to imagine Trump getting the most delegates and then the RNC stepping in to give it to Romney would cause a massive schism in the party. My guess is he'd pull in 35% popular vote at most due to lower-income republican voters just staying home.

I'd have to imagine Trump getting the most delegates and then the RNC stepping in to give it to Romney would cause a massive schism in the party. My guess is he'd pull in 35% popular vote at most due to lower-income republican voters just staying home.

I, literally, see no downside for Hillary. XD

That Romney speech was Through The Looking Glass type shit, holy hell.

Also, is there a better outcome for the Dems than the GOP stealing the nomination away from Trump and putting Romney in his place?

Oh my god, I don't think Adam would be ready for that many orgasms he'd have.

Or his mom!
I only saw the first 5-6 minutes or so. Very flat and uninspired; he was essentially re-litigating the exact talking points Rubio/Cruz/Jeb/etc have been using...while being wooden and bloodless as he usually is. Did it improve?

Clearly he seems himself as a bigger figure than he really is.

Kyosaiga

Banned

Here's the thing: the schism already happened in 2008-2010. Now it's just coming to a head. The RNC is just about salvaging what they can right now, and they've determined that even as big as a shitshow a convention that's brokered would be, the alternative, in their eyes, is far worse both short AND long term.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hillary is getting indicted. I heard it on morning Joe. Mika also sounded VERY CONCERNED

ANDREAMITCHELL

*runs out of room*

He definitely could, but I don't think he gives a shit about Congress critters. A 3rd party run is 100% about his ego and nothing more. If he can't have the White House, then he's going to smash it to a million little bits.

I think a point to consider here too is that he probably doesn't actually hate Hillary or give much of a shit if she is elected President.

We'd fondly remember it as the year the Republicans punted the entire Presidency.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Let's not start armchair diagnosing mental problems... Lots of cruz and trump supporters have no problems yet they exist in large numbers.

I have a response to this, but have since I edited my reply as I don't really want to go there.

This will come in handy since there appears to be this mantra that Trump is a US exclusive problem.

That's what I thought he meant when he originally posted it. It was not helped by Sanders supporters and Wife basically discounting those states by saying they don't matter.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

Kusagari

Would there be any greater end to Romney's political career than getting anointed the nominee and then getting less votes than third party Trump?

Some shithead listed Trump shares at 67c.

He was at 82c about an hour or so before winning 7 of 11 Super Tuesday states.

It's hard not to wish very bad things on these people.

Obama's approval is 50-46 per CNN. The pollster aggregate is within a point.

Amazing to think that Democrats will have two amazing surrogates as popular former presidents for years to come. Obama's still going to be rocking DNCs 20 years from now.

Meanwhile the GOP can still only cling to Reagan's ghost. Much in the same way I've been telling disappointed Bernie supporters that by 2024 millennials will make up roughly half the electorate, a little less than that won't have even had the chance to vote for him by then. Well, sucks to suck I guess!

Much in the same way I've been telling disappointed Bernie supporters that by 2024 millennials will make up roughly half the electorate, a little less than that won't have even had the chance to vote for him by then. Well, sucks to suck I guess!

Even if 50% of the electorate were millenials they'd only account for like 20% of the vote sadly.

Gruco

Banned
2016 Election

1) Jeb raises $150 mil, scares Romney out of the race, fails miserably.
2) Media and GOP elites spend a solid 5-6 months actively trying to make "the Rubio thing" happen. Fail miserably.
3) The front runner, a loudmouth buffoon with no political experience, was dismissed as irrelevant for 7 months.
4) Only credible opponent of said buffoon is hated by literally everyone.
5) Country realizes Trump is actually winning, and also that Trump is Hitler. Panic!
6) Rule changes designed to make the primary healthier for the party make Trump borderline unstoppable.
7) GOP realizes that because of their new rules and all the time they wasted on making "the Rubio thing" happen, they have a knife-edge scenario where they can actually stop Trump.
8) This involves actively destroying the party. Proceed anyway.
9) Recruit wise party elder Romney for shadow campaign against presumptive nominee. Profit.

Democrats in disarray, am I right?!

Suikoguy

When does NJ vote? That is when I will deliver the deathblow to wacky Bernie and the fans of his that don't know how anything works.

That's a really high bar you have set for yourself.

Looking at your summary Gruco, and holy shit what a Primary this has been.

aTTckr

Nice that people are starting to realize that Sanders is a selfish, egomaniacal, horrible human being. Couple of weeks ago I was told on PoliGaf that I am totally wrong, he's not a bad person, but rather just naïve. But as always, people who focus heavily on ideological purity are almost always self-aggrandizing assholes, who don't care at all about the actual consequences of their actions and if they end up being a net harm to the cause they supposedly care about.

Nice that people are starting to realize that Sanders is a selfish, egomaniacal, horrible human being. Couple of weeks ago I was told on PoliGaf that I am totally wrong, he's not a bad person, but rather just naïve. But as always, people who focus heavily on ideological purity are almost always self-aggrandizing assholes, who don't care at all about the actual consequences of their actions and if they end up being a net harm to the cause they supposedly care about.

....what?

Suikoguy

....what?

Ignore him, he takes the anti-Sanders rhetoric way too far.

Edit: To wit, Sanders does have ideological issues that cloud his judgment, but I don't think it's caused a fracture in the party that won't be forgotten about after the convention.

NeoXChaos

lol

Suikoguy

Are we shook about tonight? I was so shook last time, for some reason I feel fine even w Kelly

If Trump did not take the time to counter more of the bullshit he KNOWS will be thrown at him this time, it's his loss. But in actuality, unless he is a different person out there, it won't effect him.

Gruco

Banned
Obama's approval is 50-46 per CNN. The pollster aggregate is within a point.

Amazing to think that Democrats will have two amazing surrogates as popular former presidents for years to come. Obama's still going to be rocking DNCs 20 years from now.
We're coming to the end of a 24 year stretch with popular departing Democrat presidents, and Mr. 30% as the only point of comparison. That comparison is going to color attitudes about the parties for a long time. Even the Republican front runner thinks Republicans are terrible presidents!

Part of me still thinks this is all too perfect and Trump could screw it up. Either at the debate tonight or elsewhere...I just have this illogical fear it's all going to come crashing down for him.

We're truly on the verge of history. The short term implosion of a political party. I just can't believe it, even as it's happening.

While we're on the subject of self-aggrandizing assholes, I'm surprised /r/s4p hasn't started posting about the Bill Clinton and Jeff Epstein conspiracy theory considering they're seizing at literally every other straw

Tesseract

Banned
Ignore him, he takes the anti-Sanders rhetoric way too far.

Edit: To wit, Sanders does have ideological issues that cloud his judgment, but I don't think it's caused a fracture in the party that won't be forgotten about after the convention.

ohohoho

Farmboy

Some shithead listed Trump shares at 67c.

He was at 82c about an hour or so before winning 7 of 11 Super Tuesday states.

It's hard not to wish very bad things on these people.

I don't see the problem, just an opportunity to buy more shares. You're going to ride Trump out till he gets the nom anyway, right?

Part of me still thinks this is all too perfect and Trump could screw it up. Either at the debate tonight or elsewhere...I just have this illogical fear it's all going to come crashing down for him.

We're truly on the verge of history. The short term implosion of a political party. I just can't believe it, even as it's happening.
Literally he would have to wear a Klan outfit or call Hillary a bitch to fuck this up.. It's not happening.

God might love us enough to let this happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom