• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

shem935

Banned
Conversation I'm overhearing right now from my republican family.

"So what did Romney say today?
Oh just called trump a bunch of names.
Well he is the one who gave us Obama so why should I care?
And apparently McCain was there and he agreed with Romney.
Well he gave us Obama too so why should I care? So what's the plan now? Cause the one guy they hate more than Trump is Cruz. Who is up next? Do they have anyone?
Well the thinking is that they are going to stall till convention and then nominate their own guy to run.
Nope. I can't support them if they do that."

Oh the schadenfreude is soooo good in my house right now.

Well he gave us Obama too so why should I care? So what's the plan now?
Well the thinking is that they are going to stall till convention and then nominate their own guy to run.

The idea that a brokered convention is going to be appealing to people is laughable really.

NeoXChaos

Well he gave us Obama too so why should I care? So what's the plan now? Cause the one guy they hate more than Trump is Cruz. Who is up next? Do they have anyone?

Do they blame Obama for Brownback's mess?

I mixed wine and vodka.

It was disgusting. I could only get two glasses down.

i remember one night at a convention when i'd had a few glasses of wine and someone handed me a cup full of a MYSTERY LIQUID

turns out the cup was apparently full of vodka, straight up

took one sip, literally sprinted full bore into the bathroom, immediately puked out everything, and it goes without saying that that night was the worst

vodka is the jeb bush of liquor.

i remember one night at a convention when i'd had a few glasses of wine and someone handed me a cup full of a MYSTERY LIQUID

took one sip, literally sprinted full bore into the bathroom, immediately puked out everything

i love vodka. its really the only alcohol i like.

Chris Hayes could hit it. Hard.

aTTckr

But how does Millenials' lack of comprehension of policy and politics compare to earlier generations, has it really become worse? Plus are older voting groups' policy preferences really much more logical compared to Millenials?
I honestly do not think that it is that much worse.

But how does Millenials lack of comprehension of policy and politics compare to earlier generations, has it really become worse? Plus are older voting groups' policy preferences really much more logical compared to Millenials?

I refuse to believe the average millenial is any more clueless than the average boomer. I watched a ton of people with straight faces win elections under the pretense that raising the debt ceiling was agreeing to the government spending more money--and the boomers voted for them in droves (2010, Tea Party). Most people don't know shit about government policy, it's how these stupid memes about Obama passing Sharia Law and Obamacare Death Panels seem to circulate.

took one sip, literally sprinted full bore into the bathroom, immediately puked out everything, and it goes without saying that that night was the worst

I'm drinking Vodka straight right now. It's great. I don't know how one sip could make someone vomit.

i love vodka. its really the only alcohol i like.

Chris Hayes could hit it. Hard.

vodka is somehow the only liquor my liver gets like this with

tequila makes me a hot mess but i still don't get hangovers

whiskey keeps me calm

and rum just straight up turns me into jesus

I'm drinking Vodka straight right now. It's great. I don't know how one sip could make someone vomit.

i'd had a lot of wine. also the vodka was some cheap shit i can't even remember the brand name of

I lost interest with the Chris Hayes show tonight when I saw the guest lineup. Jan Brewer, Joan Walsh, Gabriel Sherman. Sherrod Brown would almost make it worth it but nah

But how does Millenials' lack of comprehension of policy and politics compare to earlier generations, has it really become worse? Plus are older voting groups' policy preferences really much more logical compared to Millenials?
I honestelly do not think that it is that much worse.

Older people probably get a little more consistent by default:

Once you're past a certain age (but before retirement) many public services lose value to you: you've got your own house and car and your kids have been through school, so tax cuts become more important.

Conversely once people retire , a fair segment become far more dependent on public services: pensions, transport, care etc, while their much reduced income reduces their concerns about tax.

I refuse to believe the average millenial is any more clueless than the average boomer. I watched a ton of people with straight faces win elections under the pretense that raising the debt ceiling was agreeing to the government spending more money--and the boomers voted for them in droves (2010, Tea Party). Most people don't know shit about government policy, it's how these stupid memes about Obama passing Sharia Law and Obamacare Death Panels seem to circulate.

Yup. This is all of American politics. Your average American want Swedish level of services with zero fraud on Alabama taxes.

Nowhere near. Even 1992 and 2008 fall short.

The actual election in '08 can't compare to this, but watching people campaign for the Presidency while the entire capitalist system imploded was... interesting. When it looked like AIG was going under I seriously thought we might be under some kind of bank holiday when Obama was sworn in.

Slayven

Every time someone brings up what Sanders camp is saying about southern AA, I just get madder

Thankfully folks got good jokes to crack on it.

Gruco

Banned
Our Principles PAC is the most aggressively anti-Trump conservaPAC in the game. Headed by Romney's former deputy campaign manager, and escalating after Super Tuesday.

Between that, the speech today, and increasing talk about the GOP accepting that the convention is the only way to stop Trump, I'm 100% convinced. Romney is legit back-door running for president at this point.

am I missing something in the RNC rules that says Trump can't win the second ballot?

Delegates become unbound and I doubt Trump would have the organization and connections to scrap together a majority after the first ballot. But I imagine it would become pure chaos if no one was nominated in the first ballot.

437K Republicans have already voted in Florida. Rubio is going to have to beat Trump by more than a slight amount on election day to win the state. Trump has been doing better with early voters than everyone else, Rubio is going to be facing a situation where he needs to run up the margins on election day voting to overcome it.

aTTckr

Older people probably get a little more consistent by default:

Once you're past a certain age (but before retirement) many public services lose value to you: you've got your own house and car and your kids have been through school, so tax cuts become more important.

Conversely once people retire , a fair segment become far more dependent on public services: pensions, transport, care etc, while their much reduced income reduces their concerns about tax.

Kinda sad though that so many people change their opinions on policy matters as soon (and only then) as something in their life changes.

sangreal

If Trump doesn't win the first round his delegates can leave, and they will. Its first round or nothing for him.

What makes you think they will? Most of the delegates aren't random party elites. They're trump supporters that were either elected directly in the primaries or through state conventions.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Also a shot of chocolate milk and peanut butter vodka.....

Ya, I know. My taste in drinks is bad and I should feel bad.

I don't drink alcohol at all, in fact I've never even been drunk or "buzzed" so to speak.
I've been battling depression most of my life, which is why I never started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom