• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

Meh, should have been playing PS4 tonight. This debate was lame.

It's actually quite absurd. We're living in a time where a major party during a Presidential election race actually makes headlines about dick size. Get the fuck out.

Bernie please do not fuck this up for our Queen and stop letting your campaign go to your head. Please.

Adam, Bertram and Manky+Mrs Manky are going to give wacko Bernie the knockout on the 15th. If that does not work then you can do it on the 26th of April

Owzers

I think Trump may be done.

Apart from the Trump University stuff, i thought Trump came off well saying you're not going to be successful if you never make deals. I give the debate to Kasich, Rubio and Cruz are too interested in attacks and come off as whiny.

Teggy

So what's this about Trump giving the moderators updated BBB ratings for Trump University? How are there updated ratings for something that doesn't exist anymore?

A terrible Trump performance. But then again, nearly all his performances have been bad and the people simply don't care. Hard to argue anything will be different this time.

Awful Trump debate, but the others were just as terrible.
Boo, mods. Trump defending his penis is the funniest moment of this election.
In all seriousness, I'm a little sad he didn't just put it out on the podium. Wouldn't really have increased the absurdity much more.

Awful Trump debate, but the others were just as terrible.
In all seriousness, I'm a little sad he didn't just put it out on the podium. Wouldn't really have increased the absurdity much more.

I say if he is on the defense than it is not a good debate for him. He needs to be in charge and set the tone while sucking up air from everyone else by not saying much.

Donald Trump is a horrible politician and he's dominated the best field of Republican candidates since 1980.

I think political science needs to re-evaluate the assumption that political actors are competent in any form.

Thinking on it for a few more minutes, I don't think it's necessarily that Trump had a bad debate. At least, inasmuch as he has done bad in every debate. It's more that Rubio and Cruz did well. Trump did what he always did. The other two were just better about hitting him and keeping him on his toes.

Owzers

Cruz supported Roberts, i saw what he wrote, it's sad that he's trying to write it out of history. It's like when he tried to deny his campaign was doing sleazy things and Chris Wallace called him out on it.

Can we keep Hillary out of prison long enough to be president?

Crocodile

Lol she says that now. Lets see what she says once Trump is the nominee and she shifts to the center-right in some issues to try to court dissatisfied gopers.

This is a dumb post. Do you think she didn't think this before or won't in the future? Do you think she'll pivot so far right that her platform will be appealing to people who want to get rid of all gun control or think gay marriage is still up for debate? *rolls eyes*

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
That debate had its problems, and while not perfect in execution, I am pleased with some attempt to incorporate actual citations into the format. Better to show a clip than just have the moderator read a quote. One is much harder to hand wave than the other. It's the 21st fucking century, and yet they're usually handled as if it was 1930.

Gotta admit, Marco Rubio is the real threat here. Worried that he could surge after this.

Really? Absolutely not. He was terrible. The only person who came off that stage looking good was Kasich.

Trump was great in the first half, which is all people are going to care about. THe rest is just whatever. Nothing stumps the Trump.

I wish I lived in a weed-legal stage, because I might die trying to survive on alcohol alone for the next 8 months.
I say if he is on the defense than it is not a good debate for him. He needs to be in charge and set the tone while sucking up air from everyone else by not saying much.
They got him uncomfortable but they didn't get him to say anything heinously stupid or destructive. I want to think that Trump's advisers told him in the breaks to just tune out and be as boring as possible. He's way in front, so no need to take any risks. He was bold enough and did enough work just by even showing up to such a hostile environment. And, even while looking sorta shitty, he still put down Rubio.
Dat Kasich-mentum.
I'm okay with this.

You are a beautiful diamond, ready to help our queen slay.

WERK.

yaaaaaaas

(on that note, is realpicGAF only a thing for a month or can I just werk that shit any time I feel like it? because i went to a job fair today and i was rocking the shit out of the suit i was wearing and i have RAWs of professional pictures somewhere on an OSU hard drive to prove it)

Donald Trump is a horrible politician and he's dominated the best field of Republican candidates since 1980.

I think political science needs to re-evaluate the assumption that political actors are competent in any form.

I disagree this field was dominated by people that had no chance of winning and because of that they took time from the other more credible candidates, but Trump made it even worse for those candidates too allowing him to set the theme and discussion. At the same time the other candidates had really bad campaigns . I say at this time this one of the most dysfunctional and weakest set of candidates.

danm999

I don't think this debate hurts Trump much in the primary but he continues to give the Dems ammo for the general. The "I'm flexible" stuff negates a whole line of attack they were probably gonna use on Hillary.

Yoda

I have a feeling the media will give blanket coverage to the penis comment all day tomorrow... making a somewhat weak debate performance for Trump... a victory?

I have a feeling the media will give blanket coverage to the penis comment all day tomorrow... making a somewhat weak debate performance for Trump... a victory?

I read this wrong at first and was like "wait, they're gonna cover his penis with a blanket?"

Then I was like "I had to do that at a party once"

I may have spent most of tonight hitting the sauce

Whenever people say Trump had a bad debate I think they need to keep in mind they're not looking at it from the perspective of a crazy person.
Even here he had half of a bad debate. And it's not like Rubio did well. And other than the Robo-Rubio debate, none of these debates have mattered,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom