• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

Update

Super Tuesday-b-dubs
Super Tuesday Part 2- ivysaur12

*After Super Tuesday 2 PoliGAF handles the rest of the primaries.

*Veepstakes is going to be in PoliGAF

2016 Republican National Convention-b-dubs
2016 Democratic National Convention- NeoXChaos

1st Presidential Debate-b-dubs
Vice Presidential Debate-Ebay Huckster
2nd Presidential Debate-kingkitty
3rd Presidential Debate-Holmes

General Election 2016-Aaron Strife

Republican Debates
12 - March 10 CNN - Makai
13 -March 23 Makai

Democratic Debates
7 March 6-kingkitty
8 March 9 Univision/Washington Post TBD
9 April-kingkitty
10 May-TBD

The problem is that while trump didn't have a particularly good debate, everyone else didn't either. They were all just attacking him, and didn't really have time to tell their own message. So i dont think anyone really won. Which is actually good for trump.

sangreal

I don't think this debate hurts Trump much in the primary but he continues to give the Dems ammo for the general. The "I'm flexible" stuff negates a whole line of attack they were probably gonna use on Hillary.

It also did not do well w/ his base: http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3404895/posts

such a common sense position too.. the idea of letting people come and get educated and then kick them out and make them take their education back home is beyond dumb

granted I am biased as I've lost more than a few friends after their OPT expired

Overlee

Obviously we need to do more to protect worker's rights but this is some serious 1970's UK Labor garbage here. What did you want Obama to do, subsidize a private company so union workers could keep their wages? Even with the wage cuts the company lost money for two years after the bailout, paying people to do work that wasn't needed would have made that worse. People want us to look at Europe for an example of social democracy but German industrial workers accepted substantial wage cuts to keep their industries competitive. There's no way to avoid that without resorting to tariffs that hurt everyone in the long run by decreasing trade and competitiveness.

If we're spending our money to bail out these giant corporations than I think it's fair we introduce new rules in how they are run and how (if any) future gains should be distributed throughout the company.

I forget the exact mechanism but theres a model for example that distributes a % of company stock to the union every year. Basically insuring that if the company succeeds everyone succeeds and vice-versa. What we have now is just the same old distribution of wealth upwards while workers rights continue to erode.

Of course we need to invest in local and sustainable businesses outside of the auto industry and begin re-skilling our outdated work force as well.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Cruz refusing to say Trump is dishonest during this post-debate interview with O'Reilly. Funny how the end of the debate and the interviews after efficiently portray Trump's fellow candidates as utter cowards.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Kasich worked for Fox News and subbed for O'Reilly? Did not know that.

Like clockwork my shares are recovering. Every fucking debate, I lose hundreds as Trump sinks, than gain it all back within an hour of the debate ending. Every fucking time.

Iolo

Trump still with the hands, it's ridiculous how sensitive he is about them

Haven't you heard, he has never heard that before. He has never, on occasion, done this:

Marvel superhero GRAYDON CARTER said:
Just to drive him a little bit crazy, I took to referring to him as a “short-fingered vulgarian” in the pages of Spy magazine. That was more than a quarter of a century ago. To this day, I receive the occasional envelope from Trump. There is always a photo of him—generally a tear sheet from a magazine. On all of them he has circled his hand in gold Sharpie in a valiant effort to highlight the length of his fingers. I almost feel sorry for the poor fellow because, to me, the fingers still look abnormally stubby. The most recent offering arrived earlier this year, before his decision to go after the Republican presidential nomination. Like the other packages, this one included a circled hand and the words, also written in gold Sharpie: “See, not so short!” I sent the picture back by return mail with a note attached, saying, “Actually, quite short.” Which I can only assume gave him fits.

RoKKeR

CNN just asked Trump "did you know you are the first person in political history to make a joke about your 'you-know-what' on a debate stage?"

Bowdz

Like clockwork my shares are recovering. Every fucking debate, I lose hundreds as Trump sinks, than gain it all back within an hour of the debate ending. Every fucking time.

Markets in a nutshell.

Tesla always dives before an earning report and then investors hear from Elon, remember he's got his shit together and knows what he's doing, and the shares do a 10%+ jump the following day.

So the big question I have tonight is how does Cruz recover from eating a booger on live TV? That was really the only thing he left me with from that debate.

Trump killed it.

Rubio seemed desperate.

Rubio was low energy. H knows his career is basically over at this point. They tried to make him into a king and he wasn't even the jester.

If we're spending our money to bail out these giant corporations than I think it's fair we introduce new rules in how they are run and how (if any) future gains should be distributed throughout the company.

I forget the exact mechanism but theres a model for example that distributes a % of company stock to the union every year. Basically insuring that if the company succeeds everyone succeeds and vice-versa. What we have now is just the same old distribution of wealth upwards while workers rights continue to erode.

Of course we need to invest in local and sustainable businesses outside of the auto industry and begin re-skilling our outdated work force as well.

In the case of the GM bailout, the UAW was given 17.5% of the common stock shares and $6.5 billion of preferred shares if I remember correctly.

hawk2025

Do you guys think Trump keeps saying "This is the first time anyone has said that" regarding his hands just to make it veeeery clear that he's not paying attention to Oliver's segment?

Rubio didn't seem desperate. He seemed 13.

Same thing. The point is he didn't look good at all. He needed a good debate performance to build off his Minnesota win (lol) and he didn't do that. If anything his supporters are going to push for a brokered convention.

oh god that is so sick

is this real?

Yes. I had the misfortune of watching it live. He literally realized there was a booger on his lip and gobbled it up. Nasty guy.

After 2 of these other guys on the stage did nothing, but attack Trump non stop, he got them to say they would support him if he was the nominee. That's good stuff.

royalan

Rubio was low energy. H knows his career is basically over at this point. They tried to make him into a king and he wasn't even the jester.

At this point, I'm waiting for him to "leak" nudes to prove his dick is bigger than Trump's. I wouldn't put it past him at this point.

please put it past me

johnsmith

remember me
But seriously

Are Trump's hands small?

You be the judge
2DC258F500000578-3289263-image-m-28_1445819329153-large_trans++WS14qhYPBGny4Y46-fINE-MkigiZeSWIsVNv-6d5Fbg.jpg

OmniOne

How can you spend 2 hours saying Trump is the worst thing in the world, and then say "yeah i'll support him if he's the nominee."

You just pulled the carpet out from under yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom