• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenodudeX

UK way ahead of the game as always:

You Can Now Have A Wee In Donald Trump’s Mouth At A London Pub

Njtw8tx.jpg

lmao

Rubenov

Cerium's PredictIt Tips:

After getting burned for the very first time in Colorado on Super Tuesday I'm a little leery of entering the March 5th markets blind (little to no polling). Insiders on Politico seem to favor Trump in every state, but many of these are states where Cruz has the same advantages that put him over the top in Oklahoma.

Kansas is the most interesting market right now where Cruz and Donald are running damn near 50-50. Donald has a 6 point lead in the latest poll released today, but Cruz has been able to swing that kind of margin in the past with his ground game in caucus states. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to get in on that market, or which side I'd pick if I do.

For now I've decided to throw some cash in Idaho Trump shares which are hovering between 30-40 cents. It's relatively low risk, and assuming a good performance tomorrow, those shares have plenty of room to increase in value.

I shorted Rubio in Louisiana and Mississippi, bought Khalessi for Ohio and Michigan, and shorted Trump in Hawaii and Puerto Rico. I'm feeling positive about all of these, let's see how it goes.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
why dont we have better FL or OH polling

:/

Because the constant debates and Super Tuesday would have made any polls last week worthless. I'll be we get one soon.

I love this.

A story about actually being friendly to people from both parties is what will bring down a republican candidate. The GOP is a complete dumpster fire at this point.

Apparently, the mods from the Bernie subreddit have announced that the subreddit is now in full activism mode.

Use1UwN.png

Nearing 90,000 calls for just the upcoming primaries is pretty fucking impressive.

To enforce the movement they have heavily modified the format so that canvassing information and donation opportunities are built directly into the posting format for maximum visibility and accessibility, and posting content will be strictly moderated to reflect the purposes of the new activism mode.

To be honest, I've never seen anything like this for any political movement that's fundamentally driven by the internet. The layout of pertinent information and priority alerts in this subreddit is nothing short of astonishing!

PBY

Banned
Newt GingrichVerified account
‏@newtgingrich
Trump was right to skip CPAC. The votes are in Kansas not Washington. Why give the anti-trump activists a target

giphy.gif

Someone identifying himself as the outspoken boxing promoter Don King also left multiple messages, addressing Trump as “Big Don.” “You’re a Republicrat, that is so great for America,” he said in one of the messages

Big Don again lol

tomtom94

Apparently, the mods from the Bernie subreddit have announced that the subreddit is now in full activism mode.

Use1UwN.png

Nearing 90,000 calls for just the upcoming primaries is pretty fucking impressive.

To enforce the movement they have heavily modified the format so that canvassing information and donation opportunities are built directly into the posting format for maximum visibility and accessibility, and posting content will be strictly moderated to reflect the purposes of the new activism mode.

To be honest, I've never seen anything like this for any political movement that's fundamentally driven by the internet. The layout of pertinent information and priority alerts in this subreddit is nothing short of astonishing!

You know what, fair play to them, internet movements often get accused of slacktivism and circlejerking so at least they're making the effort.

Ecotic

Obama's approval rating pulling to even in the averages eases my mind quite a bit. Low gas prices, good jobs numbers, and election season appears to be getting the lean Democrats into line. It would be great if he could get to a consistent ~52% by election day (a 4% or so improvement).

Hindl

Use1UwN.png

They certainly get involved I'll give them that. They aren't just paying lip service so good for them to actually push people to do more than just say they're gonna support bernie

Kos over at dailykos has announced website changes and rules that will start after the 15th for www.dailykos.com
Skimming the comments, yup, it's going about as well as you'd expect.

Don't understand why skepticism that Bernie will miraculously turn around a 200 delegate deficit is treated with such hostility and resentment by certain supporters. I feel like I'd be more enthused about Bernie's candidacy if his supporters weren't constantly living in denial.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Regardless of how accurate this is, I can see this getting a lot of mileage:

Bernie would raise taxes on the middle class that much? That would destroy our economy.

Regardless of how accurate this is, I can see this getting a lot of mileage:

A completely reasonable proposal that all Americans would be fine with on Bernie's side there.

I give Reddit credit. They're doing shit instead of just sitting around. I respect the hell out of that, even if i disagree with them.

Eric C

Kos over at dailykos has announced website changes and rules that will start after the 15th for www.dailykos.com

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...ly-Kos-transition-to-General-Election-footing

Saying you won’t vote, or will vote for Trump, or will vote for Jill Stein (or another Third Party) is not allowed.

I was under the impression that sort of thing always was ALWAYS sort of the rule for a website like dailykos, I guess it wasn't enforced as much during the primary season.

PBY

Banned
fyi

Harry EntenVerified account
‏@ForecasterEnten
No exit or entrance polls this weekend. So we'll have to wait for actual results.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Rubio is having a rally in my old hometown on Sunday. lol

I just saw that he'll be in Idaho Falls early Saturday and then Boise later in the day, and apparently Cruz is going to be in Coeur d'Alene as well. This has to be about fundraising right? Chasing votes in Idaho isn't worth the time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Shit, this is what the NAACP said when he died:

The NAACP is saddened by the passing of United States Senator Robert Byrd. Byrd, the longest serving member of congress was first elected to the U.S. House from [West Virginia] in 1952 and was elected Senator in 1958. Byrd passed away this morning at the age of 92.

"Senator Byrd reflects the transformative power of this nation," stated NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous. "Senator Byrd went from being an active member of the KKK to a being a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and many other pieces of seminal legislation that advanced the civil rights and liberties of our country.

"Senator Byrd came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda, doing well on the NAACP Annual Civil Rights Report Card. He stood with us on many issues of crucial importance to our members from the reauthorization of the Voting Rights Act, the historic health care legislation of 2010 and his support for the Hate Crimes Prevention legislation," stated Hilary O. Shelton, Director of the NAACP Washington Bureau and Senior Vice President for Advocacy and Policy. "Senator Byrd was a master of the Senate Rules, and helped strategize passage of legislation that helped millions of Americans. He will be sorely missed."

This is why things like context matter. Was he a horrible person at one point? Yes. Did he have a change of heart and spend the rest of his time doing the right thing? Also yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom