• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
I'm going to laugh really hard if/when Louisiana gives Trump a big win and helps his storyline coming out of today's results.

Also: LOL Rubio

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think the most fascinating thing about this cycle so far was this is the SECOND time Rubio has been built up by the GOP and flamed out spectacularly (last time being the famous SOTU response with the water).

BSsBrolly

Banned
Was there anytime in 2012 that Romney was beating Obama in a head to head poll?

The fact that Ted Fucking Cruz is beating Hillary head to head is terrifying...

No, it's dumb to think a former secretary of state and first lady wouldn't command a high speaking fee. Of course she will get paid for it.

Lets flip this and see if you're still totally supportive:

It's dumb to think a former member of congress wouldn't command an excellent job in the private sector in an area closely related to one they made legislative decisions on. Of course their would be.

(ie the issue isn't the size or existence of speaking fees its the rather cozy relationship between politicians and business. )

I think the most fascinating thing about this cycle so far was this is the SECOND time Rubio has been built up by the GOP and flamed out spectacularly (last time being the famous SOTU response with the water).
Once a choker, always a choker.

Let's win again Donald J. Trump!

Hmm, I swear he was never ahead but came real close after the first debate. If I'm wrong then hell yes.

A quick google search shows that a bunch of national polls showed a Romney lead after the debate.

According to a CNN Poll of Polls that averages three new non-partisan, live-operator surveys released Monday and Tuesday, Romney has the support of 48% of likely voters, with Obama at 47%.

The surveys were from the Pew Research Center, which conducted its poll Thursday through Sunday (entirely after the debate); the American Research Group, which conducted its poll Friday through Monday (entirely after the debate); and the Gallup Daily Tracking Poll, which was conducted from last Tuesday through Monday (partially before and mostly after the debate).

National polls indicate dead heat in Obama-Romney battle

The Gallup daily tracking poll indicated Romney at 49% and Obama 47% among likely voters. This is Gallup's first release of a tracking poll of likely voters, so no comparison can be made to pre-debate surveys from Gallup.

The ARG poll indicates the former Massachusetts governor at 48%, with Obama at 47%. According to ARG's previous poll, conducted Sept. 27-30, the president was at 49% and Romney at 46%.

The Pew Poll indicates Romney with a 49%-45% advantage over Obama. In Pew's previous survey, conducted in mid-September, the president had a 51%-43% lead among likely voters.
Debate bounces tend to be temporary like convention bounces, but Obama was hardly ahead all of 2012.

Kalnos

Banned
Kentucky was a 'caucus' but it functioned like a closed primary as far as I know so maybe it makes sense that Trump could win?

Crocodile

I agree with the MSNBC.

Trump being the frontrunner helps Hillary, especially among minority communities.

I've been making the same argument myself and I'm sure other thought the same (be it Trump or any of the GOP but Trump sounds more batshit insane so...)

Also lol at Matthews calling Trump a Transformer :p

Kyosaiga

Banned
I agree with the MSNBC.

Trump being the frontrunner helps Hillary, especially among minority communities.

If Trump didn't have such a large impact on down ticket races, I'd want Cruz to be the nominee, just to see the GOP try and balance their hate for Hillary and their loathing for Cruz.

fantomena

I just can't wait for Hillary vs. Trump. It's gonna be soooooo god, hilarious and entertaining for my Scandinavian point of view.

Even our right vs. left debates are boring as fuck compared to US politics.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nights like this are always a good time to point out that people like Cruz are the ones against giving monetary support to Flint Michigan.

Which you can guarantee will cost him Michigan.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
...and this is why you don't call on the basis of 0.7% of the vote.
He's still not winning by a ton. I guess it's subjective though what you consider a good margin. For me it's 10%. Also I heard it was a "bellwether" county.

EDIT: Louisiana will be the really determinant.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I give up, I don't understand anything that happens in America.
EXeLyZo.jpg

Finally. They're the only state that doesn't release results as they come in.
So does Rubio drop out?
Florida is win or die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom