• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate going all in:

Nate Silver ‏@NateSilver538 3m3 minutes ago
If you're reporting this as anything other than a huge night for Cruz and a terrible one for Trump, you're doing it wrong.
Nate goes back to being an obnoxious idiot as soon as there's the smallest glimmer of hope he was right about Trump.

So this is still one of those rigged reality shows where everyone knows Rubio will be the nominee right? lol.

Slayven

He will drive his truck around to all 50 states until you say he's a winner.

k2-_a338e7ac-eb3f-4119-bb29-be8233c86ded.v1.jpg-096e8e0b930e43f192354311cf8237e338b12cde-optim-450x450.jpg

So far the only genuinely surprising thing about tonight is the margin of Cruz's victory in Kansas, which is impressive no doubt, but reading what Nate Silver is writing about tonight just makes me think he was clueless coming in. The results tonight follow what happened in caucuses and closed primaries on Super Tuesday, it's not a new narrative.

Well unless Trump bombs in LA.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So far the only genuinely surprising thing about tonight is the margin of Cruz's victory in Kansas, which is impressive no doubt, but reading what Nate Silver is writing about tonight just makes me think he was clueless coming in.

It shouldn't have been a surprise. Kansas may be thr most conservative state in thr nation, which matches Cruz completely. Plus, it's a caucus, which for some reason seem slanted toward Cruz.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
So far the only genuinely surprising thing about tonight is the margin of Cruz's victory in Kansas, which is impressive no doubt, but reading what Nate Silver is writing about tonight just makes me think he was clueless coming in. The results tonight follow what happened in caucuses and closed primaries on Super Tuesday, it's not a new narrative.
Nate's all about them polls. Without them he's next to nothing.

So far the only genuinely surprising thing about tonight is the margin of Cruz's victory in Kansas, which is impressive no doubt, but reading what Nate Silver is writing about tonight just makes me think he was clueless coming in.

Cruz winning Maine is a big shock. Its not a state with a lot of evangelicals and Santorum / Huckabee did really badly there. Before this, Cruz's results had tracked theirs pretty closely.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I urge everyone to go to CNN's website and tell me that picture of Cruz is not Kevin from "The Office." Identical.

Kangi

Not sure if I'm in the "glad Cruz is winning because if he was the nominee he'd lose even harder" camp or the "Cruz is winning my God make it stop the slime will take us all over reset the earth" camp.

Plinko

Trump losing Maine is what makes me think the last week really, really hurt him. Zero reason Cruz should win that state over Trump.

Sanders: bla bla bla Clinton superpacs bla bla bla speeches bla bla bla I'm hating because my speaking fee isn't nearly as high bla bla bla

Does he have anything else? These attack lines don't work.
Yeah that is what I find to be a bit odd. You'd think he'd try and focus on a new line of attack seeing as how he's fallen behind. I actually saw an ad of his on TV and it was just a campaign finance ad. That was it, no message or anything else.

It's an important issue but I don't think it's one you run on like this

Cruz winning Maine is a big shock. Its not a state with a lot of evangelicals and Santorum / Huckabee did really badly there. Before this, Cruz's results had tracked theirs pretty closely.

It's a rural caucus state. I wish I had posted my expectations because Cruz winning it is not a surprise to me. Alaska is not heavily evangelical either.

Plinko

A Cruz nomination would be fascinating. Who stumps for the guy everyone hates?

Hopefully this primary cycle will finally end Silver's reputation as some sort of statistical wizard. He's a talented writer but for the most part his "incredible" predictions haven't really been that spectacular. Calling states the day of a presidential election just isn't that hard unless there is systematic error in the polls. Most of his attempts outside of presidential (general) elections just haven't been that hot. Alas, a pundit's reputation usually isn't harmed that much by bad predictions so I expect the "Nate Silver is a genius" narrative to be largely undamaged.

And, man, does he ever come across as a thin-skinned douche.

Trump losing Maine is what makes me think the last week really, really hurt him. Zero reason Cruz should win that state over Trump.
Trump is going to regroup. The media was on the David Duke story like a dog in heat. He needs Ben to come endorse him and say that story was the result of political correctness and the media.

EXeLyZo.jpg

Finally. They're the only state that doesn't release results as they come in.

Florida is win or die.

It mightn't be. At this stage the RNC might want to keep him around just to try and split the delegates enough to keep Trump under the majority. He'd have almost 0 chance of being the nominee even at a brokered convention at that point though. it'd be Kasich if he can carry Ohio , otherwise who the hell knows what they'd do. Can they bring themselves to steal a nomination for Cruz ? Would they rather give it to Romney ?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
OK now I want Cruz to push Rubio out, lol. Thank you Steve Kornacki.

edit: fuck its halperin and heilemann, gonna turn to CNN.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Wikipedia said:
LePage has promised to veto every bill sponsored by a Democrat, regardless of its merits, in retaliation for the rejection of his proposal for a constitutional amendment referendum to eliminate Maine's income tax. If he does so, LePage would be on pace to break Gov. James B. Longley's record of having 64 vetoes overridden in a single term. LePage later expanded his veto threat to all bills sponsored by all legislators in order to force needing a 2/3 vote on them for passage. He stated that he feels it is the only way he can "get the most representation that I can for the people of the state of Maine" and that Democrats had convinced Republicans to sponsor bills to get around his initial veto threat.
Sounds like McConnell.

I'm really surprised Trump hasn't tried to play up the Fox News Debate hit piece that it was.

Yeah it was weird after with him saying how he thought it was fair and a great debate. Maybe he just didn't want them to know he was pissed about it. That was an easy attack point to call out the media after.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I really don't think two wins is a bad deal for Trump. Caucuses are a serious mess for him; he has absolutely no organization. I think going with another press conference is a smart move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom