• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It mightn't be. At this stage the RNC might want to keep him around just to try and split the delegates enough to keep Trump under the majority. He'd have almost 0 chance of being the nominee even at a brokered convention at that point though. it'd be Kasich if he can carry Ohio , otherwise who the hell knows what they'd do. Can they bring themselves to steal a nomination for Cruz ? Would they rather give it to Romney ?

It still sounds like a really bad strategy for "the establishment" to force a brokered convention if they cared about the health of the republican party, no matter who the candidate is.

But then again "the establishment" isn't really an organized entity with singular goal right now. It's just a bunch of individual actors doing what's in their individual interest. So it's easy to see Romney, Kasich, and Rubio aiming for a brokered convention with no one to stop them.

Iolo

Cc09enwUkAA8arz.jpg

it even has the booger

You know people keep assuming Trump is going to clean up among white voters but like, think of the average moderate, middle-class suburban white voter. Somewhat religious, would like a good tax cut but are nowhere near the 1% and with an aversion towards excessively negative politicking. Imagine they talk with a Minnesotan accent.

Think of how Romney, at least on paper is tailor made for this constituency.

Now think of Trump.

Hillary will win college-educated whites.

Lawrence O'Donnell is really the worst. He's absolutely the worst.

Mass was all that mattered until Bernie lost it...now Kansas is what matters because he won it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Caucuses really are the worst. Absolutely no reason they should exist in 2016.

Gruco

Banned
Bernie wins Kansas.

Well that's unsurprising. We all know that the map hugely favorable to Bernie. Hillary can literally only win in the south and literally every southern state has already voted.

Also, it's hard to campaign from jail, which is where I assume she currently lives.

dakini

Just got done with my caucus. The vote was 20 people for Hillary, 22 for Bernie, but all the absentee ballots were for Hillary, so the final total was 25 to 22 Hillary. Delegates were split 1 to 1.

Between Trump's overall weakness and Kasich over-performing in the border areas I think it points to Big Johnny taking OH.
I would expect Kasich to outperform Trump in suburban areas like Campbell county, though Trump is beating him there.

He definitely would have won Oklahoma if that were the case.

Kasich got 25% of the vote in Campbell county (Cincinnati metro area). Ohio might be close.
It'll definitely be close.

As much as I dislike Cruz, I find it a little disheartening that we're harping on something so embarrassingly involuntary during a major national event on TV.

It feels a little low, guys/gals, and honestly it isn't necessary for attacking Cruz.

Iolo

Just got done with my caucus. The vote was 20 people for Hillary, 22 for Bernie, but all the absentee ballots were for Hillary, so the final total was 25 to 22 Hillary. Delegates were split 1 to 1.

It'll be interesting to see how close it is. The "winner" doesn't matter as much as the margin (except to Lawrence O'Donnell).

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Data from Steve Kornacki:

-Good news but a bit of a reality check
-Kansas: 37 delegates
-Nebraska: 25
-Louisiana: 51

-Let's say Bernie gets net margins of 10 in Kansas, 8 in Nebraska....so 180 net delegate gap. But Queen, if she continues to perform at current levels in LA, will wipe out Bernie's delegates gain

I guess he said nothing actually.

ivysaur12

Banned
Glenn Greenwald seems happy that the turnout in Kansas is higher than it was in 08.

Too bad it took so long for the revolution to happen??

Slayven

Data from Steve Kornacki:

-Good news but a bit of a reality check
-Kansas: 37 delegates
-Nebraska: 25
-Louisiana: 51

-Let's say Bernie gets net margins of 10 in Kansas, 8 in Nebraska....so 180 net delegate gap. But Queen, if she continues to perform at current levels, will wipe out Bernie's delegates.

I guess he said nothing actually.

He did spend a lot of energy to piss on bernie's parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom