• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes

Nebraska isn't the blowout it needs to be for Sanders. Lincoln is still out though, but it shouldn't move the needle much in either direction.

Iolo

@Nate_Cohn
Sanders has a 10 point edge in Nebraska. Far, far short of what he might have hoped. Was Obama 68-32 in '08

Followed by a Bernie supporter yelling at him for downplaying his victory there

Bowdz

Cruz sounds sick.

He is sick. A sick, disgusting booger eating troll.

For those watching Rubio v. Kasich in Kentucky, keep in mind that Kenton County (south suburbs of Cincinnati) and the Ohio River-bordering counties have mostly not come in yet. Kasich may do well there,

Gruco

Banned
Would you say that it's related to experiencing the depth and consequences of a loss?

That, and a full appreciation for what the GOP is capable of. Part of it is the memory of running into the brick wall on election night, but just as much is seeing the Swiftboating in action, and the real, visceral fear of W getting reelected. And part of it is having paid close attention to the W years to provide a frame of reference for what Obama has been able to accomplish.

I think those are hard things for younger voters to fully appreciate, even the most active and thoughtful ones. Similarly, it's hard for me and many others to fathom why their strident purity is so important to them.

Tubie

How many of the remaining states are caucuses?

I think if it's a primary (even closed) Trump will perform very close to the polls, if it's a caucus Trump under performs by a lot.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Now Lawrence is picking up the "shrill yelling" talking points. Honestly I think this is bullshit. But whatever.

Oh there's Matthews. "It has nothing to do with gender!" Mmmhm.

Snake

He is sick. A sick, disgusting booger eating troll.

Just because he looks exactly like the trolls from David the Gnome (who are often depicted as having their boogers going into their mouths) is no excuse for calling him a troll!

thefro

For those watching Rubio v. Kasich in Kentucky, keep in mind that Kenton County (south suburbs of Cincinnati) and the Ohio River-bordering counties have mostly not come in yet. Kasich may do well there,

If Rubio does well anywhere, it'll be in Jefferson County (Louisville) and Fayette County (Lexington), and there's a lot more votes there outstanding.

HylianTom

Banned
That, and a full appreciation for what the GOP is capable of. Part of it is the memory of running into the brick wall on election night, but just as much is seeing the Swiftboating in action, and the real, visceral fear of W getting reelected. And part of it is having paid close attention to the W years to provide a frame of reference for what Obama has been able to accomplish.

I think those are hard things for younger voters to fully appreciate, even the most active and thoughtful ones. Similarly, it's hard for me and many others to fathom why their strident purity is so important to them.

That makes perfect sense. The relative ease of the last two general elections is deceptive on how difficult it is to win a general. Having a once-per-generation candidate as the nominee also probably warps perception.

If Rubio does well anywhere, it'll be in Jefferson County (Louisville) and Fayette County (Lexington), and there's a lot more votes there outstanding.

Probably, yeah. That's where he has to make up the difference from everywhere else in the state.

Campbell County came in (one of the three in Kentucky in metro Cincy) and Kasich was a close third behind Trump, but well ahead of Rubio. I'd expect Boone and Kenton will have similar results.

ITS LSU COLORS YOU MORON!!

Lord... guy on Fox mixed up LSU colors with Saints. and fucked up the team phrase for the Saints..

Anyway.. Any major surprises outside of Maine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom